beau beaus own thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do a fantatsic cranky mare routine if they try nipping and I'm standing up.

Lyric's one and only bite happened like that and I squealed and 'kicked out' at her
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
She slunk back for a non-bitey snuggle!

I was only discussing this with my daughter yesterday..saying that Dinky doesnt bite like my colt used to..she used to turn her back to kick rather than bite (oh arnt they sweeties) but I agree colts are proberbly worse for biting early signs of dominance I guess or just naughty
default_wink.png
I used to do the loud ARGGHHH as soon as the mouth was in position for the nasty nip ( I always had bruises on my arms and legs ) he was sneaky too used to get me from behind
closedeyes.gif
..it did work in the end and hes a real sweetie now..I think its just a naughty stage they go through
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Finn started it yesterday, he would come up to me with his mouth OPEN! ready to bite
default_no.gif
so if he did, I would tell him no, and get up and walk away...

if he came up to me the next time I would give him the scratches he loves SO MUCH! and if he started to bite more then nibble I would get up and walk away again...

I think he learnt his lesson pretty quick... he hasn't done it to me at all today
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

Well Sterling just met the feed bucket!

He hooned up during dinner and went for my arm, all in play but still! He got a decent bop with it and was a lot more polite after that
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

It doesn't hurt, it just seems to be the shock value of it that sinks in!

He ran to Twinky going "muuuuuuuuuuuum" and she snubbed him
default_yes.gif
Nice to know she's on my side!

LOL!! Brilliant! I can just picture that - well done Twinky too!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

While I absolutely agree with what everyone here has said about biting foals, I (of course LOL!
default_rolleyes.gif
) am completely the opposite.
default_biggrin.png

Firstly I find that in 99% of all cases, foals will grow out of the habit - the odd one who doesn't will probably get a small tap on the nose and an 'ah ah' after around 3 or 4 months of age. Any visitors to our place who want to wander the fields with the foals are told NOT to react in ANY way should they get bitten (there could be a nervous foal in the bunch who would get scared away from human contact by a stranger reacting loudly to another biting foal, so our rule is 'keep quiet or dont go in the field'!)

All my foals are offered a finger to bite on for a moment or two - we usually approach hand first anyway on our way to scratches - until they are a month or so old! Why? Coz it makes them easy to worm! LOL!! Saves a load of trouble, just slip a finger between those baby foal teeth and then pop the wormer tube in as well, withdraw finger and hey presto, worming done!! Often find this is the instant cure for biting foals - ugh, human fingers taste nasty!! LOL!!

He ran to Twinky going "muuuuuuuuuuuum" and she snubbed him
default_yes.gif
Nice to know she's on my side!
Don't you just love it when they run to mummy for a quick suckle when something happens that they don't like
biggrin.gif

- ugh, human fingers taste nasty!! LOL!!
new_rofl.gif
Anna, I love it, what a great idea
new_rofl.gif

I must admit I don't really do much about the biting thing either, I just always watch where their mouth is and if they insist on "trying" me I offer them my Knuckles cos it doesn't hurt. All of mine grew out of it around 5-6 months.

default_saludando.gif
i dont no if i told use but little beau pees backwards..asked the vet about it and she says it another deformity

poor little man his dick is on back wards
default_new_rofl.gif
oh its not funny iam mean

No worries, it will straighten out within a year, I have had that happen ( well not me one of my foals) lol

Awww bless him - good to know that this may correct itself with time.

LOL!! Renee you are so funny!! What are you doing here anyway - thought you would be sleeping off the effects of your birthday? How did the party go - hope you all had a great evening bopping away to the 70's music!
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww bless him - good to know that this may correct itself with time.

LOL!! Renee you are so funny!! What are you doing here anyway - thought you would be sleeping off the effects of your birthday? How did the party go - hope you all had a great evening bopping away to the 70's music!
default_biggrin.png

yer renee weres all the pictures

Dipinto's was bent like a "U" and he would pee like a girl
new_rofl.gif
the vet said it was a tight skin that would release as he got older and did naughty things
new_rofl.gif
well as soon as he started to do YOU KNOW WHAT, the skin broke and it straightened out.

"Naughty things" - why dont vet's talk in a language that we can understand? I have no idea what you are talking about Renee???
default_biggrin.png

Well I have never experienced reversed facing 'naughty bits'!
default_biggrin.png

default_saludando.gif
as you can see hes doing really well little fatty hay.

he still has a little limp but he seems to be better now then when he was first born
default_saludando.gif
:salute

Oh he is just so gorgeous - totally yummmy to be exact!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Glad to hear that his little leg seems to be 'working' ok for him, bless him.
default_yes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back