beau beaus own thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Now Jenny - negative thoughts are not allowed here as you well know.
default_biggrin.png

Little Beau is doing brilliantly and his leg is getting stronger. He's a happy healthy little fella who is enjoying his life - and as yet no-one knows where that life will lead?

He may not be quite perfect make-up wise, but to me he is perfect in every way that is important.
default_wub.png

Very well Said Anna, he is such a cute little bundle of fluff! makes you wanna hug him all the time!!
default_wub.png

default_saludando.gif
little beau,s leg is getting worse he lays down alot and he,s limping more..

he,s only 8wks old poor little man
default_no.gif
:No-Sad
default_no.gif
:No-Sad
default_no.gif

have you asked your new vet about him when she has been out?

does it seem that his leg is worse after he runs around?

maybe he is going through a growth spurt
default_wub.png
and thats causing his legs to get a little worse... I'm sure it will all sort out!

hugs my friend! we are here for you! he has already done such a great job with fighting! I'm sure he will keep going!!!
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
beau does run but only when he has to...i know this is going to shock you,s but sweety and beau are up for sale
default_no.gif
:No-Sad i have a lady coming out tomorow to look at them...lady that is coming to look at them is a horse judge

What is the reason you have decided to part with them if I may ask? Has some thing happened or is this possible buyer able to have Beau operated?

Whatever you decide is your call and we are here for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh heres hoping they can afford little beaus surgery!! Let us know how it all goes please Jen? It is sad but as Renee said they are your minis
default_smile.png

Yes Jenny, I am upset, obviously. But you must do what you think is right for you, and all of us will support you in whatever you decide. Actually I feel more sorry for Sweety as I had so hoped she might settle with you.

Sending you ((((HUGS)))) and promising you support.
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
well ive decided to sell b/c i cant breed from sweety ,,i cant get near sweety,and i dont wont to put beau

down...and some b/c of my husband,,iam not going to lie to any one interested in sweety and beau i will

till them the truth, wich i think the truth about sweety breeding should of been told about years ago..i wish this wasnt the case
default_no.gif

I know people will howl at me for this, but I can't sit with myself knowing I kept my mouth shut and if this means I am no longer welcome here then so be it.

You are doing wrong by this foal.

As a breeder you chose to bring him into this world and, be it the fault of the dam or sire, he has come out wrong. He has a problem that is causing him pain and is likely to worsen to the point that vets have advised surgery or pts. Now not only have you chosen to do nothing you have decided to send him outside of your control to where who knows what will happen to him. Once he leaves your ownership you have no control over his life.

You have a responsibility to this foal to do right by him. And palming him off is the easy way out.

If you don’t have the courage to put down a foal when needed then you shouldn't be breeding.

default_saludando.gif
I surpose your trying to tell me iam a guttless b#tch....and i surpose selling them on is the easy way

out ...i just dont have the heart to put him down...like i said iam not going to lie to the people that look at

them to buy..i will tell them everything about them both....oh by the way iam a beginer breeder with a heart

and who every buys them i will keep in contact with them...

or does everyone think i should put beau down

I had a situation last year Jenny where one of mine coliced and had to go to surgery 2 to save her, pts wasn't an option for me so I made the decision to sell one of my other horses to pay the vet fees. I then reduced my herd from 17 down to 5 as this is a number that I can afford to keep and pay any (hopefully never will have to) vet bills. We all make decisions and hopefully the others will share some ideas too.

Bree we totally understand your points of view and I personally have no problem with you sharing them, lets all see if we can find a solution for Sweety and Beau.

default_saludando.gif
well i think i have sold sweety and beau ,,and thay know every thing about them both thay rang there mate

who is a trainer and there gunna work with sweety.....as for beau there going to do what iam doing

and just see how he goes...these people sound really nice... what else am i to do put him down, beau

might have a limp for the rest of his life or it might get worse who knows and thay understand that..please dont get upset with me

i hope iam doing the right thing

but if there going to do work with sweety that is fantasic

what do you all think

default_saludando.gif
:salute thank you what you said just made me cry,, this breeding has just been a night mare ..

..this has been something ive have allways wonted to do,and it has just

made me depressed,stressed,and really sad you got no idea how iam feeling..

maybe i shouldnt be breeding

Well it is done now so it doesn't really matter what we all think. I have much the same ideas as Bree on this one, I feel we are responsible for whatever we breed and I personally would have had beau pts rather than selling him on and risking that he doesn't get the necessary surgery to avoid any pain. The only reason am saying this is to avoid any future breeding that could end up with the same result. Breeding minis or any animal is not for the faint of heart as is often said on here. I am not and will not judge anyone especially over the internet but I just feel sorry for them both.

Oh and by the way you have no idea how much I cried this year when one of my foals didn't make it and the mare looked for her baby for days, it was just awful.
crybaby.gif
crybaby.gif

I'm not one of the foaling gang, just a lurker and a worry wart over the expectant mares, and getting my foal fixes.

I'm not going to take sides either way as all make good points and are entitled to their opinions.

You are having doubts as to be a miniature horse breeder or not, I'm not judgmental but maybe you should not, for now. Maybe take it up sometime in the future. You also said something about your husband, we all understand about outside influiences, finances, etc. forcing us to make choices we my not want to make. You are the breeder, owner of this mare and foal, what ever you decide has to be, and now it is done. The question now is can you live with this choice, and not feel trmendous quilt and regret? I'll ask you a question, are these buyers close enough that you can visit and check on Beaus progress? If they are it will help to ease your mind, if not, will they keep you updated? If they are far away and you can't keep in touch will they allow you to rebuy if they decide to sell Beau? Please don't answer these questions here, they are for you to ponder, for yourself, for little Beau he didn't ask to be born, all he askes for is to be loved and cared for, please make sure the new owners understand this and you will feel better for your choices.

Once you sell or part with something, you lose any control over it. No matter what any purchaser may tell or promise you, what you have sold them is theirs to do with as they wish and you will be unable to do anything about it. Many purchasers will tell you all sorts of tales just to keep you happy - sometimes if you meet them before you make the sale, you can get an idea if they are genuine or not, but often they still pull the wool over your eyes. They say buyer beware, but I also think 'seller beware' also applies.

Have your buyers actually been to see Sweety and Beau? If not, how do they know that Sweety is a mare that they will be able to get on with and not just a mare that they will 'sort out and train'? And little Beau - have they seen him? Do they have the experience to give him a chance or have they spoken to their vet about his possible future? How are they going to work with and train Sweety while she is still feeding and caring for Beau? Do they have somewhere to keep her apart from their other horses so that little Beau doesn't get 'overworked' by being introduced to a new herd with all the running and chasing that will go on?

More questions for you to ponder Jenny. Many years ago we had a foal who was wrong in his make up. We kept him and cared for him and when we weaned him he was happy with all his other weaned buddies, but with his special care keeping him comfortable. Not long after weaning the vet told us that he would need many operations throughout his life to even keep him comfortable and that it would be hard for him. So we had him quietly put to sleep - they dont know what is happening and it was our 'gift' to him. We still miss him so much as he was such a character, but we know that we did the right thing for him in his particular circumstances.

You have had a lot of problems with your foalings this year and this can be a strain on the most experienced of breeders, let alone one just starting out, plus there are your own individual 'home' circumstances, so I know it has not been easy for you Jenny. I do think that you should give breeding a miss for a while and just enjoy, love and care for those minis that you have. Maybe the time will be right in the future to breed again, and this time perhaps it will turn out better for you.

Meanwhile, we will all be here for you, so keep giving us news of your girls and the babies. We have lots of new foalings to watch over and to chat about, so lets look to the future and continuing friendships.
default_yes.gif

Once you sell or part with something, you lose any control over it. No matter what any purchaser may tell or promise you, what you have sold them is theirs to do with as they wish and you will be unable to do anything about it. Many purchasers will tell you all sorts of tales just to keep you happy - sometimes if you meet them before you make the sale, you can get an idea if they are genuine or not, but often they still pull the wool over your eyes. They say buyer beware, but I also think 'seller beware' also applies.

Have your buyers actually been to see Sweety and Beau? If not, how do they know that Sweety is a mare that they will be able to get on with and not just a mare that they will 'sort out and train'? And little Beau - have they seen him? Do they have the experience to give him a chance or have they spoken to their vet about his possible future? How are they going to work with and train Sweety while she is still feeding and caring for Beau? Do they have somewhere to keep her apart from their other horses so that little Beau doesn't get 'overworked' by being introduced to a new herd with all the running and chasing that will go on?

More questions for you to ponder Jenny. Many years ago we had a foal who was wrong in his make up. We kept him and cared for him and when we weaned him he was happy with all his other weaned buddies, but with his special care keeping him comfortable. Not long after weaning the vet told us that he would need many operations throughout his life to even keep him comfortable and that it would be hard for him. So we had him quietly put to sleep - they dont know what is happening and it was our 'gift' to him. We still miss him so much as he was such a character, but we know that we did the right thing for him in his particular circumstances.

You have had a lot of problems with your foalings this year and this can be a strain on the most experienced of breeders, let alone one just starting out, plus there are your own individual 'home' circumstances, so I know it has not been easy for you Jenny. I do think that you should give breeding a miss for a while and just enjoy, love and care for those minis that you have. Maybe the time will be right in the future to breed again, and this time perhaps it will turn out better for you.

Meanwhile, we will all be here for you, so keep giving us news of your girls and the babies. We have lots of new foalings to watch over and to chat about, so lets look to the future and continuing friendships.
default_yes.gif
I feel the same Anna, with everything, Jenny PLEASE for our sake make sure your to beautiful fur kids go to an absoloutly AWESOME home! If you can I would be visiting the place to make sure it is up to the standard of care you wish for them!!

I really feel sorry for Sweety... If this does go through I'm afraid that whatever little amount of trust she has in humans will be broken completley, and this is not your fault, I'm sure if she had been with you longer or skipped some of those other homes that she would be able to trust! and I'm SURE in time with the RIGHT person if given the chance she will be able to trust again.

Yes okay its probably not a good idea to breed from her again! but still she would make a lovely pet for the right person if loved cared for and had time taken to get her used to being trusted again...

Look at my Penny, she still has a long way to go, but she neighs at me when I bring my food now and follows me when I'm in their paddock! it hasn't even been a year yet, but I feel I have really turned a corner with her and that we have somewhat bonded,

I'm not having a go at you with this, but I wonder if you had kept Sweety and just spent the time with her that she needs, whether you would find a completley different mare in there, one I'm sure resembles her name
default_yes.gif
as it is I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLLY hope and pray! that the new owner will give her the love she needs.and that Beau will have the life he deserves however long or short that is.

I hope you are coping alright with this Jenny, and as Anna said we are always here and we will always help give support suggestions and love where they are wanted!

default_saludando.gif
well i wasn;t going to say anything b/c i dont wont to upset anyone....plus this is really upsetting me

sweety and beau have gone to the best of homes thay live on a winery and have a river view from the

stable and lush green grass really flash place ...thay know a trainer and are going to work with sweety

and thay have a friend who is a vet so maybe beau will get that operation after all...i did get them to

sign a agreement that sweety and beau are not to be breed and full description why the should not be breed thay where my than happy to do that...thay will be very spoilt as thay have 5 kids ..

sweety and beau are going to have a long life with there new owners....

and i will be keeping in contact with them as much as thay can handle me as i will be a pain in the butt

as i will be ringing all the time ,,i still keep in contact with me big horses i sold on years ago....

i do have a heart and a really do care and love all my animals i have owned....and it has really broken

my heart but i think ive done the right thing..

i could of done what some breeders do and put beau down but when you think about it

some breeders would of put sweety down too...

so i think ive done something good and given them a happy long life....

Jenny I will not judge you for your decision, it is none of my business. I am very glad that you found what seems to be a good home and if they stay together that is wonderful. Many breeders at this time of year are loading up weanlings and shipping them off to new homes which is just as sad. I only breed small numbers as i find it too hard to part with them.

What are you planning on doing with De-ago and Lady?

default_saludando.gif
de-ago and lady are keepers for now i will train them and show them ...i will breed again but iam going to stick with just dusty and saffire and that wont happen for another couple of years and i will be more educated about everything and better set up...i have learnt lots,stress lots,worried lots and cryed lots,from my first three foals ive breed, but there is so much more to learn .and probaly lots more stress,,worry and

tears.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back