Crock Pot Receipes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie

Reaction score
I'm the cook for our group when at Nationals and love to do Crock Pot stuff since it is so easy to put on in the morning when doing breakfast and let it go until we are ready to eat later in the day.

I have several receipes but always looking for new ones. Of course we always do a bean day and then I have a new receipe for Crock Pot Lasagna that I want to do but can use a lot more since we will be there almost the entire show.

Would love to have one for Pork Chops and then maybe one with like a beef and noodles or something else along those lines. Usually have almost anything to cook with except for the oven and I'm not sure I'm not going to take my little counter top convection oven this year.

I only have one horse to show this year so I won't be so busy this year.

Thanks in Advance

I'm not sure about pork chops, but I make pulled pork for sandwiches. I start with a pork roast, cook it in a small amount of water until tender, usually around six hours, pull it apart with two forks, add your favorite BBQ sauce and stir, simmer till ready to eat, put pork on rolls and top with cole slaw add some chips and eat.

Ok beef, I like to make soup, but it will be alittle hot for soup, but you could slow cook some cubed beef add beef stock some vegies, season to taste and add creme of mushroom soup, serve over egg noodles.

I do this on the stove in a big pan, but the longer they cook, the better so I know this'd be fab in the crock!

Sounds funny but is SO good! I serve mine over rice but I guess you can't. It'd still be good!

Canned mushrooms.

spaghetti sauce

salt, pepper etc.

A splash of water

chops.

Put it all in there and let simmer for a few hours!

fam favorite pork chops. Even my kids who hate mushrooms love this. If I make it for company I add whole mushrooms

2 cans cream of mushroom soup

4-6 cans dawn fresh steak sauce or campbells mushroom steak sauce

Center cut pork chops

I brown the pork chops first but you dont have to.

Combine the soups and steak sauce. Add salt & pepper and stir. Place pork chops in sauce and cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours.

The chops fall off the bone and it makes the best gravy you ever tasted!

A simple beef and gravy recipe. I do it with roast, but you could cut your meat into cubes and make it more of a stroganoff type meal to serve over noodles.

A can of coke

A packet of onion soup powder

A can of cream of mushroom soup

Beef roast of cubed beef

Cook on low for 8 hours.

I havent met ANYONE who doesnt love this recipe. Its pretty versitile, you can put it over rice, over noodles, you can shred the beef over bread for sandwiches, if you like veggies with your roast, throw some taters and carrots in there. I use red potatoes, because with a rambunctious toddler, I dont get time to peel potatoes lol.

I also like using real cheap cuts of steak in the crock pot and making them with tomato gravy

Can of diced tomatoes

Can of tomato soup

Some chopped of minced garlic

Little bit of onion

Some real cheap steak, literally I buy the cheapest cut the store has, because the tomatoes make anything tender.

Again, cook on low 8 hours, delicious with noodles or rice

Apricot pork chops

6 pork chops

1 package dry onion soup mix

10 ounces Russian-style salad dressing

1 cup apricot preserves

Mix everything together and throw in the crock pot on low for 8 hours.

Italian sausage is good in the crock pot, and simple. Just throw some sausages, chopped onions and peppers, and spaghetti sauce in and cook it on low for 8 hours. I cook everything on low for 8, its just what works for me in my crock pot

You can cook a whole roaster chicken in a crock pot, depending on the size of the chicken and your crock pot, I do it all the time because I hate using my oven.

You can also make breakfasts in the crock pot. Ive made oatmeal with fruit in it overnight, I would have to google the directions though. Its seriously better than ANY instant you will make. There is also an AWESOME casserole that is "breakfast" food, but ive been known to make it as "breakfast for dinner"

A package of frozen shredded hash browns

A package of bacon, crumbled (to save time, you could use the pre cooked)

A medium onion, diced

A green pepper, diced

A package shredded cheddar cheese

10 eggs

3/4 cup milk

1 Teaspoon salt

1 Teaspoon pepper

Place a layer of frozen hash browns on the bottom of the crock pot, followed by a layer of bacon, then onions, bell pepper and cheese.

Repeat the layering process two more times, ending with a layer of cheese

Beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.

Pour over the crock pot mixture.

Cook on low 8 hours.

If you couldnt tell, I am a crock pot fanatic, I use mine 3-4 times a week.

Latest posts

Back