Zero Turn mowers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathy_H

Reaction score
Looking to buy Lee a zero turn mower because we are leaving our John Deere tractor & mower to our property buyers...... We will have 5 relatively flat acres to mow ( includes the pasture area ) so Lee is looking at a commercial grade mower ..... For those of you that own a zero turn, do you reccommend yours? What do you like or dislike about it please?

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a Bobcat Zero Turn and love it! We've never had any problems with it in the 7 years we'e owned it. They are a lot of fun too. When friends come to visit us from California, we stick them on the mower and they are entertained or hours
default_laugh.png

Cathy,

We have a Landpride Razor and it sure has cut down our mowing time. We even mow our pastures with it. I will say that they get stuck very easy if the ground is wet.

Arlene

Hubby just bought me a Grasshopper and I love it! I am finished in half the time and it does a great job. We have hills and flat areas about five acres and it takes some getting used to. I've only mowed two times with it. I look forward to mowing now.

We have a Toro and hubby loves it. It gets the 3 acres of lawn done so fast. The only drawback is that in a few areas where I have flower gardens (like my figure 8 and U shape gardens its too small of a area to get into to cut, there I have to use the push mower, he cant get close enough to do a nice job. We have never had any problems with it getting stuck on "wet" ground.

We got a Scag, this is our third season with it. We cut about 10 acres and it has cut our time at least in half. Very pleased with it, should have bought one sooner. Like others have said they do get "stuck" easy but other then that I would highly recommend one. We also cut our pastures with it and it's great for cutting close to the fence and around trees.
default_biggrin.png

I've had use of a Grasshopper for a couple of summers and it is awesome. The zero turn is FUN but the machine itself is very practical for mowing large areas--it gets the job done fast. It's not much good in my yard though, because there are trees and flower beds & such--the mower will go around things easily, but the front yard is small & just not a lot of room there for a big mower. In a bigger yard with more room it's great for mowing around trees and such.

As a side note I'll add that a friend's husband made himself a bigger mower--not a zero turn obviously, but since he made it for mowing a large open area he didn't need the zero turn feature. He took his riding lawn mower and attached an 'arm' with two more mower blades attached and fixed up a belt to run the two extra blades, and he's got a machine that will mow his big lot in 1/3 the time it would take with the standard riding mower. He's got the mowing power of the Grasshopper for a fraction of the cost!

Back