Zebu cattle

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candycar

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, My BIL and us have been thinking about getting some Zebu cattle and I was wondering if any of you all have had any experience with them.

Are they easily tamed and hugable? Do they get along with minis? Are there any special health concerns particular to them? Got pics? Is there much of a market for them?

The BIL has the room for them, he has big cattle now, but changes them around faster than most folks do their socks!
default_wacko.png
LOL I think it would be a hoot to have one as a pet. Wonder if I could sneek it in with the minis, they may not even notice....

I personally dont have any experience, but I dont think that they would be a huggable pet, I think they have horns and could probably easily take out an eye, I think that a mini zebu would be a better pick, about the same size as a mini horse, most are in the 35-44" height range.

Mini Zebu:

lilcows1.jpg

sherd1.jpg

Links:

http://www.rollingprairiefarm.com/miniaturezebucattle.htm

http://www.rgbexotics.com/

A qoute from RGDB Exotics:

"In addition to making excellent pets Miniature Zebu bulls can be used as draft animals or rodeo bulls for youngster rodeos. Many people just like to have them around as ornamental pieces to enjoy looking at."

I personally would go with the minis

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh now that's a mini I really want to own
default_new_shocked.gif
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png
Very cute.

I think that a mini zebu would be a better pick, about the same size as a mini horse, most are in the 35-44" height range.[/quote

LOL I thought they only came in mini! Thanks for the sites, I'm going to look up the registry and see if they have a list of breeders or even a forum!

We had 4 of the mini Zebu. A bull, and 3 heifers. They were super friendly and could be lead anywhere just like one of the mini horses. Our problem was...we have a herd of Angus, and couldnt put the tiny with the biggies, and the zebu neded alot bigger of a pasture area, then what they had. We had them for about 4 years, and then sold them to a friend of ours who had started a small zoo. Last I heard they were a big hit there. We have a breeder about 20 miles from us that has about 30 of the miniatures.

Latest posts

Back