Yrling loungeline class

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am guessing this is an open show of some sort?

I have never heard of a yearling lunge line class, except in the Quarter Horse industry.

The general horse industry pretty much frowns on lunging yearlings because it is FAR TOO YOUNG!

Just thought I'd get that out there...

Andrea

All it is is a pleasure class on a longeline. The horse has to walk, trot and canter, both directions, in a collected manner with it's held lowered and tucked. Exactly like if being ridden. The horse is judged on manners and way of going. Not something I would do with my yearlings. Of ANY breed. There will be time enough to show- YEARS and they will be healthy!

Many people now frown upon this class for stressing out the joints on these BABIES. Others feel it's just a way to get more $$ in prizes since you are feeding these horses but they aren't winning money in performance classes.

Lucy

default_no.gif

It's absolutely a stupid class and yes, just another way to get the almightly dollar and screw up a little yearling at the same time. I find that a local 4H club doing this is completely shameful! And do tell their 4H leader I said so. Shame on them.

Latest posts

Back