Your Little Quirks?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weirdos!

I MUST flush with the lid down, always and I hate public toilets without lids. Why? I saw a show where they put a dye in the water and flushed, it was this dye that shows up in black light and OOOOOO those spots were all over the place, including the tooth brushes! YUCK!!!!!!
no.gif
no.gif
no.gif
no.gif

my list:

*i ALWAYS count stairs. in yellowstone there was something like 2, 865!
new_shocked.gif

*my backpack has two pockets, one junk and one homework

*can't just sit there, have to be at leats tapping something

*if i am very bored and no one is doing anything i will either do crunches& push ups or dance

i have more but i cant think
rolleyes.gif

alyx
saludando.gif

Strange , aren't we or just neat freaks! I cannot stand to have a chair left away from the dining table or barstoll out from the bar...if they aren't being used , they bettter be pushed in!

I used to be a perfectionist but age and having severe arthritis has made me think twice about my priorities. I do believe that anythin not in use should be in it's place...just hate clutter!
wacko.gif
Mary

I MUST flush with the lid down, always and I hate public toilets without lids. Why? I saw a show where they put a dye in the water and flushed, it was this dye that shows up in black light and OOOOOO those spots were all over the place, including the tooth brushes! YUCK!!!!!!
OMG!!! I saw that show too, and have always put the lid down since. If I must go to a public toilet, and it has no lid, I bolt out of that cubicle the exact microsecond the flush is flushing.
biggrin.gif
I also bought nice little plastic covers for all the toothbrushes...just in case.

And...even if it's 11:59, of the last day of the month...the calander page doesn't get turned until it is "tomorrow", already.

My socks, oh, how could I forget them... they have to be exactly the same heigth. If one is a "sloucher", I will push the other one down until they are both even, whatever it takes, and my shoe laces...exactly the same. One shoe cannot be looser than the other.
rolleyes.gif
Sometimes it takes me forever to tie my boots/shoes. I tie them...walk around, and end up un-tieing and tieing, several times.

Yep, youall are strange!
biggrin.gif
Now, Me, I'm not!
wacko.gif

First, why even bother making a bed, you're just gonna mess it up that night

Why squeez the toothpaste from the bottom? When you're thru, just push it all up to the top.

I choose to call myself a 'nester' rather than a pack rat. Even tho I just can't throw letters away. Have all ever written to me. (good thing most people don't write me
yes.gif
) Also should have no flat surfaces around me. But boy, can I stack
yes.gif

And I know what minimule means. Don't hug me, shaking hands are fine. Family kids me about me having my space!

[SIZE=14pt]Oh my God does everyone with minis have these problems? Maybe my big horse shoer was right when he said “you have to be nuts to have minisâ€
new_shocked.gif
[/SIZE]

I am always counting things in the number 8. If I don’t want to flush the pot in the night I have to put my hand on the lever and count to 8. The toilet paper has to hang from the BOTTOM in our house, and NO uneven tore off sheets.

When I kick my shoes off on the porch they have to line up straight. It don’t matter that my house is a mess but them shoes need to be straight! There are other things to but the list would be to long.

Ok now how many of you take meds for this HAHA!! I take a small does of Lexapro sp? Because I worry about everything. Its such a small does that it don’t help, the doc told me to double it but I WORRY about taking to much so as of yet I have not tried that.
wacko.gif

I am a very messy person.

Why have everything on shelves where I can't see it properly when I can have it all on the floor and be able to see everything?

I hate the smacking sound people make when they eat, drives me crazy.

I also hate the sound of people scratching themselves.

I ALWAYS look down the straw to check for spit, even if it is the wrapped kind.

I really really HATE old food. If it is no longer warm, its old and must be thrown out, or put out of my sight or I will feel very ill just by looking at it.

I am really afriad of balloons.

Ok, I'll tell on myself too. I am obsessive compulsive, I do the same as mentioned before only I have learned to cope some. I always double check appliances before leaving or going to bed, always check several times that the dogs are in the house before bed, and oh my, if someone should use the iron in the mornings I have my hubby (who has learned to live with my obsession)check behind me or anyone else that the iron is unplugged, so if I ask him "are you sure it is off" he can honestly say "yes", cause after 26 years of marriage I can tell when he is fibbing. If I am home alone and have to leave the house by myself I will also go outside, have to unlock the door and go back in and check again.
wacko.gif

On the stuff I am working on be it at home or work, I can not work in an unorganized area!
no.gif
Everything is alphabetized and in order on my desk at work, unless it is the stuff I am working with at the moment and then it is an organized mess.
biggrin.gif
I even have my horse stuff out in my show shed seperate from my husbands shed (yes we have his and her sheds), his is so messy and cluttered til I can't think. So it saves alot of arguing this way.
yes.gif

I do not like anyone eating out of my plate! I do not want anyone drinking from my glass! I don't care who you are!

That's all I can think of right now, I am sure there are more but I am so used to them I can't think of them right now.
sad.gif
I also will not drink milk unless it is whole milk in a clear glass glass. Nice to hear there are others like me.

I remembered another one, I can not stand to hear the dogs licking at their feet at night in the bed when I am trying to get to sleep. My peke that sleeps with us, I can pat the bed with my foot and say her name and she will stop, she has learned that is a no no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh these are great.....I'm sitting here shaking my head, laughing.

I should have Michael come report mine, he'd be more honest about my habits.

I have a 'few' I'll concede to. LOL

#1 - I can't stand messy counter tops. Actually don't want anything on them except for the decorations. As soon as whatever is fixed on the counter is thru it has to be cleaned up, NOW. Need a spoon to stir your sugar and cream into your coffee? That's OK, but as soon as you're thru I'll wash it and put it back in the drawer. You get a clean one for the next cup.

#2 - Can't stand newpapers or any kind of litter left laying around. When you're thru put it in the recycle box. Even if I've not deep cleaned the house is always tidy. Even the dog puts his toys away at night.

#3 - There are only two of us and I do laundry all the time - either we're real dirty or very clean, I've never decided.

#4 - Ponies bedrooms have to have the shavings swept to a perfect line.

Before I leave the barn if they've drug their feet thru 'the line' I resweep.

What they do after I leave is fine but when I leave it's very tidy...... I'm a genetically designed sweeper, I inherited the trait from my mother.

That's all I'm copping to, the rest is all 'very normal.' LOL

-Money must be kept neat .... Properly facing the same direction and organized by bill value; largest bill on top.

-I must eat the side dishes before the main serving: Example: I'll eat my mashed potatoes and vegetables before eating my meat.

-I eat almost everything with a fork .... From hamburgers, fried chicken to pizza.

-I can drink fountain soda with ice, but would NEVER think about pouring my soda/drink from a can or bottle over ice. I ALWAYS drink from the can or bottle and never waste a perfectly clean glass.

-I'll eat everything I can off of a paper towel, so I don't have to dirty a dish.

-I NEVER eat a sandwich as it was meant to be. I MUST pick it apart and eat it layer by layer.

-I keep the pockets of my jeans organized the same way every day .... Left pocket for cell phone and money. Right pocket for cigarettes and lighter.

-I must have black eyeliner and mascara on 24/7 .... Even after a shower and before going to bed.

-NO public restrooms.

-I will not eat anything homemade or prepared from anyone's house but mine.

-I will not wear used clothes or use used items, besides certain horse tack.

-Cigarette packs with less than 3 cigarettes in them are set a side and not used until desperation occurs.

-Nail polish (colored or clear) makes me feel claustrophobic and is unacceptable.

-I do not return 99.9% of my phone calls and I never leave messages or voicemail's.

-When I go to bed and turn the TV off I lay on one side until I get tired and know I am about to fall asleep, then I turn over and sleep in that position.

-Once toothpaste is applied to my toothbrush it must go through a course of running water.... and I turn the water off when I brush, always.

There's probably more.

wacko.gif

I thought of one more quirk, based in sentimentality:

I am not a very organized person on most levels.

So there are boxes of things in my house that have multiple types of items in them.

Inevitably, when I go looking for something and have to go through very many of the boxes or drawers, I will find a card or letter from my Grandma.

She would write me simple little notes, and some of them were even for my son, Kenny, the only baby of mine she ever got to meet (she died when he was 6).

I don't take them out and put them all together like I might do if I were thinking straight. Instead, I leave them right where I found them because I think maybe it's her way of still "being here" in a spontaneous sort of way.

I usually do forget that they are there, and am almost as suprised by them being there as I was the day they arrived in the mail or in a package wrapped for the holidays.

Lots of times she drew little pictures in the notes to Kenny, thinking he would enjoy the symbolism of "she and he" instead of words, being as he was so young.

I so wish she were still here, specifically to see my two youngest boys, my new home.... Part of me believes she IS still here, but I wish it could be more like it used to be when I could just call her or she would come for visits.

Liz M.

1.My house can be a disaster but I hate crooked pictures

2. I cant stand channel surfers hence hubby watches big screen in living room and I watch small TV in the den

3. All horses have their own color coded buckets and I hate it when someone mixes them up they also each have their own dishes and those should be in the aisle in front of their door when chores are done.

4. Cant stand a radio that is not on the station if it has two stations running together I'll turn it off rather than try to tune it

5. I hate dark rooms in the daytime I will turn lights on in every room if necessary

6. I am also a stacker but usually can find anything anyone wants and remember what stack it is in

7. Twice a year my house is totally clean Christmas and Easter and no inside decorations until the room is done therefore I dont have my living room tree yet. By Christmas all rooms that are being used will be clean top to bottom and decorated. That includes our bedroom and baths.

8. I am a saver cant throw out things that "SOMEONE " might use my attic is full of that stuff its hereditary my mom did the same thats where good antiques come from LOL

Hmmmm, I'm feeling less weird with every post
biggrin.gif

I'm NOT a detail oriented person at all, actually I haven't balanced my bank account since I was in my 20's, now almost 30 years ago, so I have to maintain at least $10,000 in overdraft protection
blush.gif

I have zero attachment to money or stuff although it can be a lot of fun sometimes. I think I could walk away from everything and go live like a hermit in the woods with no modern conveniences as long as I could take my pets. Hubby could never give up his stuff though so he's the only reason I don't. Feel like I was born about 150 years to late.

I must have even numbers of pets at all times and at least two of each type. Even my hubby agrees I need another big horse to maintain what he calls my "inner harmony."
rolleyes.gif

I never answer the phone at home even if I'm expecting an important call. I'll look at the caller ID, let it go to voice mail and call them back. I'm just about as bad at work
whistling.gif

I'm a bit weird about who I let touch me or who I touch and don't like it when someone comes into my personal bubble without an invitation. Some people's energy actually feels toxic to me and makes me feel physically ill. I can't even be in the same room with them. Pets and animals are always welcome though.

TP MUST be forward on the roller, leading edge over the top. I will change it to that orientation in other's bathrooms or in public restrooms, if I can.

I get really angry with people for senselessly killing something just because they are afraid of it. I once gave my ex a major shiner for killing a humming bird with a badminton racket just because it flew into the game area.

OK I'm back to thinking I am pretty weird
rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
Oh, man, ya'll are a bunch of freaks!!!
haha.gif

But, reading this is reminding me of more of my obsessions.

I also only drink milk out of glass containers, but it can be clear or not clear (like a coffee mug or a drinking glass).

My socks also have to match and set the same on each foot or it will drive me nuts.

I'm compulsive about coordinating things. I used to name all my horses names that went with "Sky", but then ran out of names. Still, I like there to be an even number, of all animals, and also like it if the boys and girls are the same number but they are not right now.

It makes me really angry if I get in my car and see H has left the radio station different than I leave it (like it takes much effort to press "my" button -- I guess in a couple ways here!)

When it comes to shoes, I only like to wear black ones and sometimes navy blue.

My morning coffee routine I've told about before. First thing when I wake up, I go to the kitchen and turn on the faucet to hot. Once the water is really hot, I put about 1 ounce of it in a cup, add one huge heaping teaspoon of instant coffee, and drink it in one gulp like medicine.

I also hate the sound of dogs licking. It drives me crazy if ours do it at night and they know to QUIT when I way QUIT (they say their mom's a cranky _______ when she's sleepy).

PS didn't you always hear how the internet is full of weirdos? Well, now we know...

OMG this is hilarious..

WE MUST ALL BE RELATED LOL!!!

Mine..deli meats for sandwiches MUST be used the day purchased, no using in a 'wich after 2 days EVER!

Dogs snoring, snuffling, licking while I am in bed or watching TV...'

ANY meat at all has to be fresh..I can smell it a mile away if it is even remotely close to being "off"..hubby was famous for buying say porkchops and leaving them in the fridge for days and then cooking..I'd walk in house for dinner and FREAK...not eating that crap!

Milk, cream etc..gets tossed WAY before date..must have a bloodhound nose..

Hubby..confirmed 55 yr old bachelor marries ME..OMG the poor sot has SOOOO many habits to break ..like the toilet seat DOWN, the stupid little taps off the beer cans that he saves by the gazillions to donate to charity for a wheel chair..have no problem with the donation have a HUGE problem when I find them in the washing machine because he has them in his pockets

Recycle..this man is crazed about it...I am SOOO tired of stepping over 29 piles of newspapers and 77 crates of plastic bottles..for heavens sake PUT them in the trash on recyle day!!!!

If I don't use it within the last 6 months..GONE..hate packrats..see above re Hubby

Doggie eye gunk..hubby will get it for the dogs and then put it in the ASHTRAY!!!! Geesh...garbage too far?????

I could go on and on... heaven help the poor man..and yes ladies they are TRAINABLE, just extrodinarily SLOW to retain info LOL

Kim

I remembered another one, I can not stand to hear the dogs licking at their feet at night in the bed when I am trying to get to sleep. My peke that sleeps with us, I can pat the bed with my foot and say her name and she will stop, she has learned that is a no no.
reading everyone elses quirks...I guess I have more than I really thought. The above drives me bonkers...I have to say to my dog "Wanna go for a ride" and he'll stop (that's not mean is it
biggrin.gif
)

I too hate hearing someone chew or scrapping their silverware on the plate...this drives me crazy, Hubby's dad scrapes his plate constantly...it drives me nuts...I'd love to stick that fork you know where.

I have a phobia about being late. Especially if I am going someplace hat I am not familiar with.

I was buying a used cart abut 40 minutes from home, was to meet the seller at 3. She gave excellent directions but.... I left home at 1 actually arrived at her home at 2. Thank heavens she was flexable and didnt seem to mind. Shoot I was home by 3. Oh and if I am that early I dont mind waiting of the party I am to meet.

At least I was not late

People who go in public bathrooms cover the seats with paper and then leave it all over the seat for the next person to take off. Or people who go standing up , wet all over the seat and leave the mess for the next person to clean up! people who don't flush! Ugh disgusting!!

People who throw cigarette butts out the windows,guess these are my quirksor whatt makes me nuts!

Bonnie

[SIZE=14pt]I used to be quirker but the kids (4) and the hubby have worn me down. [/SIZE]

The last ones I have hung on to are:

- I have to have a candle lit when I clean, always.
538.gif

- Always brush my teeth w/ the dry toothbrush before using toothpaste and water. Feels good. The toothbrush can't be anywhere near anyone elses. NO WHERE CLOSE!:smileypuke:

-The house can be a mess but the kitchen HAS to be clean, that is my one last place, its mine and if anyone messes it up! OHHHHHHHH!
torch.gif

-I really don't like to be hugged unless I know you, people who hug me and I don't know them well, I wonder what they want.
new_shocked.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back