Your Favorite Color / Solid, Pinto or Appy / Icing / Etc.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Do You Usually Prefer in Miniature Horses

• Solid Color

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pinto

• Appaloosa

• Pintaloosa

• Total voters

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Hopefully I remembered to include most "options"! It will be interesting to see the poll results and read any responses
default_yes.gif

Darn that was harder to answer than I expected. I wanted to choose all the colours as my favorites lol. Of course they aren't and i did narrow it down but I have seen some absolutely stunning horses in every colour and altho I do have preferences I don't judge a horse based on colour alone (BTW you missed champagne ;) )

I marked that I prefer Pinto . But, I have all solid horses with Appy background. You get what you get and don't through a fit. LOL
default_rolleyes.gif

I think it would be interesting to see how many actually OWN a mini of their favorite color with all the "icing". I don't...

I think it would be interesting to see how many actually OWN a mini of their favorite color with all the "icing". I don't...
I do I do!

I prefer spotted apps, always been an appy fan (but pintos are right there as well, was never a big fan of solids until I bought my gorgeous boy Royal lol now I'm hooked!) so put I prefer apps, my absolute favorite color is black, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE a horse with lots of white/chrome, and I'm s a sucker for blue eyes, and our boy Sky fits the bill, black near leopard with bald face and blue eyes
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

102_2546.jpg

I love solid horses and I'm guessing it's because I've owned Quarter Horses forever. My favorite color is buckskin, and yes I do own several of them
default_wink.png

Here's a photo of my stallion Triple Ks Boogies Badlands Buck. The photo was taken by my eleven year old son after we pulled him from the pasture and did a quick clip of the his head and neck. I love him and he's such a good boy.
default_wub.png

badlands-sidesm.jpg

Oh my!!... It is hard to choose.. hehe!!..

Well, I think everyone have their own eye and dream..
default_smile.png

I always dream to get a palomino mare or filly and I keep tell myself that I probably will get one in next year as to save up my money..
default_smile.png
(If someone might have one for sale in next year, let me know!!..)

I do love black/white pinto and I always go to almost everyone's website to see their mini's.

I think they are ALL beautiful!!!..

Here is our's miniatures... hehe!

Blue (LWO+ and "TT")

Here is Sophie.. (will do lab test on her soon)

Here is Coco (LWO-)

Here is Misty (LWO-)

I liked all of them!!!... I rather to have darker skin instead of light color skin.

But everyone have their own options.. ;)

I voted pinto, chestnut or palomino, facial white, white legs.

Most of my horses are solids and a 1/3 of my herd are buckskins.
default_rolleyes.gif

(BTW you missed champagne ;) )
I knew I'd forget something!!! With polls, you can't edit after it starts
default_sad.png
I kept looking and looking before I clicked "post" and sure enough... and I probably missed some other options, too.

I own many that are my favorite color with a favorite icing AND have the pedigree / conformation (and sometimes substantial show records) to make them what I really like. I've spent a good amount of time the past 5 years really making changes in our herd though that has made it what it is (to my eyes). And, it will probably always be a work in progress as I think I'll always have my eyes open for what could bring something good into the "program".

That said, though, a BUILT horse is good in any color, and any pedigree. It's the color, pedigree and show wins that just completes it to the total package. And vice versa, a horse could be wearing a favorite color and icing and still be one of the coarsest, least attractive horses my eyes have ever seen. Conformation and type are first, but the color stuff is fun when it's on a nice animal.

These are some of my own horses sporting "my" colors and icing... With our breeding mares / future breeding mares, they are all either cream or silver dilute with the excepton of our '08 grey-grulla filly.

Bacardi%201.jpg

Double%201.jpg

DunIT%205.jpg

Starter-Stallions-3.jpg

Flrit%201.jpg

Hope%201.jpg

Cover-Girl-blur.jpg

And the flip side, here is DESTINY, who is one of the most beautiful horses I have ever laid eyes on yet he's not a favorite color of mine... That said, i can't picture him any other color and he wears it really well (and his mommy says so). His color is just so deep and rich. I'd have never "picked" it out but on him, it's awesome... and I did win color class with him the ONE time I myself showed him so I guess it's a color some really do like even without first loving THE horse
default_biggrin.png

Destiny%204.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I sold my favorite color(one of my favorite hores too) only because it was a colt and not a filly. If he had been a filly, there is no way I would have sold him!!

He is as black as black could be, a shiny patten leather shiny. He does not fade in the sun either.

AMHA World Champion: Riverdance Scout's Black Tie Affair

1a-4.jpg

I have a black filly by the same sire, different dam. Both dams were palomino. It will be interstesting to see if this filly gets to be as black as her 1/2 brother.

Riverdance Scout's Rumor Has It

4a-2.jpg

Most of my horses are solids and a 1/3 of my herd are buckskins.
default_rolleyes.gif
Pretty close to that here too on the buckskins... 6 out of 20. Plus, we have Maddie (silver buckskin) in foal to DunIT (grey grullo), and then Sweetie and Double Dipped (perlinos) in foal to Destiny (smokey silver black) SO our ratio may go up
default_biggrin.png

Yup, I have LOTS with my favorite "icing"!

14 with blue eyes.

12 black pintos

19 with real face white (tiny snips & stars not counted)

website1002015.jpg

Jill - there was no place to elaborate about "Other"!!
default_wink.png

But here is my dream colour... Silver GRULLA (or blue dun as they would say in the Icelandic horse world) minimal white pinto (so four stockings and a blaze and maybe a bit of white across the shoulders or in the tail...

Second choice - grulla or black SPLASH. Blue eyes would be nice.

And no - I do not have either one...
default_smile.png

PS. Although I once saw a beautiful roan cutting horse mare... a dark bay roan that wound up looking shimmery, silvery purple in the sun... she took my breath away!

I'm a sucker for pinto's. OMG'd I can't help myself. I see a pinto w/ great comformation and all logic goes out the window. I "MISSED" a great deal on a beautiful solid cause I was so affixiated on pinto's. TICKED me off. Think I learned my lesson,,,,,, Probably not. I'm hopelessly in love with them. TJ

Definitely appy followed closely by pinto and solids. But picking favorite colors was hard I like a lot of them, but I did narrow it down.

I do own my favorite. My handsome boy Happy.
default_wub.png

100_5063-1-1-1.jpg

100_5000-1.jpg

well i like the silver dapples i have 1,(technically not mine its hubbies) i absolutely love pintos and have none.. my least are the bays and browns and that is what i have, but i love them all

Wow, I don't even own one with my favorites! :DOH! My favorite is a solid buckskin with a big ol' blaze!! Spirit better come through for me next year!
default_laugh.png

I entered my vote and then when you asked if we had one, I was surprised to remember that I actually do. Although he's pretty old (20) and I tend to forget him. He has done parades, gone to a nursing home, been ridden by the grandchildren, taught us to drive, and this last year he come out of retirement for my daughter who's just learning to show.

ChipandCassy2.jpg

Good topic Jill.

It may help breeders better understand the present overall market, and also, what people are generally looking for in their purchases and what we should try to breed for.

I really couldn't care less about color, but
default_laugh.png
. I just dont like appys, however i am a HUGE fan of Catch (Lost Spokes stallion..) but that is because more then color
default_smile.png

Well i like about every solid color, i love a really light palomino (not golden) but almost white but still with a little bit of yellow on the coat. I have three here like this..

16Narkblurframe.jpg

ASteo1.jpg

1389431.jpg

Then, i love a solid bay.

00t5.jpg

00t4.jpg

Then for pinto, i guess i would have to choose tobiano....sort of like these two...both bay tobianos and paternal siblings
default_wub.png

0000000000k.jpg

0000000k.jpg

DebutTraining.jpg

I have a little bit of every solid color here....then the pintos are for the most part bay pintos. I would LOVE a blck/white tobiano to show some day, though...

Latest posts

Back