Your Favorite CHARACTERS from books, movies, tv...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Travolta in Pulp Fiction

Alf

Greg from CSI

Oprah Winfrey in The Color Purple

Clark Gable in Gone with the Wind (Oh Rhett Darling)

Bernie from Weekend at Bernies

Goldie Hawn in Overboard and Death Becomes Her

Big from Sex in the City (anyone know his name on the show, I haven't seen the movie yet)

McDreamy on Grays Anatomy

Having a 4 and a 6 yr old Sponge Bob Squarepants just jumps out at me for some reason.

I also loved Richard Chamberlain in Shogun and Yul Brenner in The King and I

I want to go to Janet Evanovich's mythical New Jersey from her "Numbers" series and spend the day hanging out with Stephanie Plum, Lulu, Grandma Mazur, and of course Joe and Ranger!! I laugh so much reading the stories, if they were real I can only imagine how hilarious!
For TV - I would love to go hang out with the characters from Bones and watch as they solve a murder using all of that cool science.

Marty - I was a Buffy/Angel addict!
default_wink.png
My friend and I even went to two conventions and got to meet David Boreanaz.
default_wub.png
Yes, that's my crazy, dark secret - I went to Buffy conventions. Shhhh - don't tell anyone!
default_biggrin.png
(I'm blessed with a very tolerant husband - he puts up with my horse obsession and my obsession with the pretend "vampire with a soul".)

Barbara

Barbara...I'm so *JEALOUS* you meet David Boreanaz.

Sheryl,

I have pictures!!! You let me play with all your new "pretty ponies"
default_wub.png
someday and maybe I'll share my eye candy with you!
default_yes.gif
LOL!

And when it came time to actually speak to the man I couldn't put a single coherent thought together. *Sigh*

Barbara

I want to go to Janet Evanovich's mythical New Jersey from her "Numbers" series and spend the day hanging out with Stephanie Plum, Lulu, Grandma Mazur, and of course Joe and Ranger!! I laugh so much reading the stories, if they were real I can only imagine how hilarious!
For TV - I would love to go hang out with the characters from Bones and watch as they solve a murder using all of that cool science.

default_wink.png
default_wub.png
Yes, that's my crazy, dark secret - I went to Buffy conventions. Shhhh - don't tell anyone!
default_biggrin.png
(I'm blessed with a very tolerant husband - he puts up with my horse obsession and my obsession with the pretend "vampire with a soul".)

Barbara

ACCCKKKK, I was going to say Stephanie Plum, and cant forget Diesel, and Joe and Ranger, hubba hubba..

Eve Dallas, Roarke and Somerset from the In Death series by JD RObb

Ayla and Jondalar , Donolan, Whinny, Wolf and Baby from the Clan of the Cave BEar series, by Jean M. Auel.

And of course, Harry Potter, Ron, Hermione, DUMBLEDORE, HAGRID, Hedwig, Fred and George, Ginny, well, you get the point!

For all you Buffy fans that don't own the episodes on DVD, yahoo TV's got the first two seasons online for free.

default_wink.png
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png

Barbara

Barbara...I'm so *JEALOUS* you meet David Boreanaz.
No way! Back when i was in middle school and i think my first year of high school i was Buffy addict...well the fact David Boreanaz was on that show helped but
default_wub.png
. I had the Angel doll (in fact..i bets its still around here somewhere)...the books...i think i had up until season 4 on dvd. I loved that show, wa obsessed with it. I remember watching it every morning before school on FX..missed the bus a few times too actually becase of.

Spike on Buffy always made me laugh..like around season 4 (or 5?? Like i said,,,been a real long time since ive watched buffy) when he went "good". Totally funny.

Clark Kent on smallville...just a big superman nerd all together. Also loved Brandon Routh's role of clark kent on Superman Returns...patiently (not so much..) waiting for Superman Returns II.

Then of course Capt Jack Sparrow on pirates
default_wub.png
. Im not a huge Jonny Depp fan, but his role as Jack Sparrow just make me giggle.

George Lopez on George Lopez makes me laugh..love that show too.

Think that would just about cover movies/tv shows...i tend to remember the men that make me laugh or feel sorry for them on tv/movie, for some reason lol.

Then for novels..really need to think here...been a while since i picked up a book sadly...

Last edited by a moderator:
Leeana,

Glad to see there is another Buffy addict here!
default_saludando.gif
I'll have to bring my scrapbook from the trips with me to some shows next year. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around! Actually, after the first convention I began drooling over Christian Kane, the actor who played Lindsay the lawyer on "Angel." He has a band called "Kane" and he did concerts with his band at both conventions. OMG!! Amazing! I love country music anyway, but this is like southern rock country and original songs that he wrote and his voice is amazing. *Drool*

At the first concert, David Boreanaz got on-stage with him while they did a cover of "Sweet Home Alabama" and sang and danced. Very funny! I'll have to see if I have any pictures saved on this computer and post some eye candy for all of us!!
default_wub.png

Barbara

PS - Leeana - you make me feel very OLD when you talk about watching it in MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!

Leeana,
Glad to see there is another Buffy addict here!
default_saludando.gif
I'll have to bring my scrapbook from the trips with me to some shows next year. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around! Actually, after the first convention I began drooling over Christian Kane, the actor who played Lindsay the lawyer on "Angel." He has a band called "Kane" and he did concerts with his band at both conventions. OMG!! Amazing! I love country music anyway, but this is like southern rock country and original songs that he wrote and his voice is amazing. *Drool*

At the first concert, David Boreanaz got on-stage with him while they did a cover of "Sweet Home Alabama" and sang and danced. Very funny! I'll have to see if I have any pictures saved on this computer and post some eye candy for all of us!!
default_wub.png

Barbara

PS - Leeana - you make me feel very OLD when you talk about watching it in MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!
Its been a good 4 or 5 years since i watched a Buffy eppy....i was completely adddicted to it though for a good 3 - 4 years..i never can find it on TV anymore and i really dont watch the dvds anymore even though they are sitting in the closet. I never did watch Angel's show though...thinking back now i have NO idea why i didnt. I think i was so upset over him leaving Buffy that i just never watched Angel
default_laugh.png
. See you next year ..who knows...i might catch an eppy and get back into the craze
default_saludando.gif

I think my absolute favorite book character would have to be Jake, from the Jilly Cooper novel "Riders".

Actually there are a few interesting characters in that book--it is said that the characters in the novel were uncomfortably similar to real people and as I read the book I had a good time trying to match up the fictional riders with their real life counterparts. I have no idea just how accurate I was, but it was extra entertainment anyway.

Okay, just finished the Twilight series. Got to say Edward would pretty much fall into my category of a hottie!
default_laugh.png
I've read tons of books and remember the story, but never the characters names.
default_wacko.png
So I have lots of favorites!

Movies though, phew, that's tough!

Richard Gere in Pretty Woman, First Night and any other movie (I'm sure his new one is awesome!).

Mel Gibson in the Patriot, Lethal Weapon, Braveheart, What Women Want (okay, I love Mel Gibson. Named a horse Braveheart after him!).

I like Julia Roberts in pretty much anything.

And Stephen Colbert on the TV is hiliarious!
default_laugh.png

Forgot to add Kurt Russel in Tombstone. You could get lost in those eyes!!!!

My 2 favorites are:

Val Kilmer--- Doc Holiday(Tombstone)

Kurt Russell---Whytt Earp (Tombstone)

If I could I would DEFINTLY MARRY KURT RUSSELL, HE IS SOOOO CUTE!!!!!

Tombstone is totally my favorite western of all time!!!!

Lonsome Dove was my Dad's favorite.

Clark Kent on smallville - Leeana, I had forgotten about him I am in love with him. He also played in Cheaper by the Dozen 1 and 2.

Christy

My all time favorite character, regardless of movie, tv, or book is:
default_xbud.gif
default_xkngt.gif
default_xreiter.gif

ROBIN HOOD and Marian, Little John, Will Scarlett, Friar Tuck, Sherriff

I am a sucker for a Knight in shining armour and love period settings!!!

Loved Al Swearengen in "Deadwood" and of course the "Doc" too.

Not so much a fan of anyone else, Trixie was pretty cool.

I like Dexter, too, and enjoyed his character (Michael Hall?) in Six Feet Under.

Liz

Pink Panther- he's one cool cat (cartoon) I used to eat Pink Panther cereal!

Johhny Depp- In ANYTHING!

Bugs Bunny is awesome!

Harry Potter & Prof. Snape.

Yul Brenner- West World.. Holy crap! Sexy!

Latest posts

Back