Your Favorite CHARACTERS from books, movies, tv...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I thought it might be neat to talk about our favorite characters from books, tv, movies... maybe not the ones you would most like to have Sunday dinner with, but the ones that you felt brought a lot to the book, movie, or tv show. The ones you've found to be the most memorable or striking
default_smile.png

Here's some that come to mind for me:

Roland, from Stephen King's Gunslinger Series

Scout, from To Kill a Mockingbird (novel)

Stu Redman, from The Stand (novel)

Lucille, from Crazy in Alabama (novel)

George Costanza, from Seinfeld (tv series)

Dexter, from Dexter (tv series)

Samantha, from Sex in the City (tv series)

Fogel, Superbad (movie)

Jim Young, The Boiler Room (movie)

Nick Leeson, Rogue Trader (movie)

[SIZE=12pt]What about you all? Who are some of your most memorable characters from books, movies, and/or tv???[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill I'm right with ya!! The first one that came to my mind was Roland from Stephen Kings Dark Tower/Gunslinger series of books! I'd like to meet him!

I also like Dexter too!
default_wink.png
But I don't think I'd invite him to dinner!! LOL!

Riddick (Vin Diesel) in Pitch Black and The cronnicals(sp?) of Riddick. (just because he's sexy!!! LOL! Any yep He can come to dinner anytime!!! LOL! Don't tell hubby though!! )

Nicholas Cage in City of Angels But I can't remember his name in the movie! How cool to actually meet an angel!!

Austin Powers!!! I'd laugh the whole time!!

These are the first that come to mind, but I'm sure there is more if I take my time and think about it!

Leya

Fun thread!

That's hard! My book and movie tastes are all over the place, but when it comes to TV I love fluff, so what I look for from one to the next is pretty different. Here's my short list (it took me a while to make it short).

Books

Thursday Next from the series of the same name

Harry Potter

Anna Karenina, from the book of the same name

Bertha Rochester, from Jane Eyre

David Sedaris, from Barrel Fever, Naked, Me Talk Pretty One Day, etc (Does it count if he's real? This definitely IS someone I would want to have Sunday dinner with.)

Movies

Jack Sparrow, from Pirates of the Caribbean (They're making a fourth one! Yay!)

Severus Snape, from Harry Potter

Farmer Hoggett, from Babe

Amelie, from Amelie (She's adorable!)

Hellboy, from Hellboy (Perlman is oddly linked to Tautou through Jeunet who directed him in another French film called City of Lost Children)

Hannibal Lectern, from Silence of the Lambs etc

McMurphy, from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Legolas, from the Lord of the Rings series (I watched the first one four times in theaters--my bf at the time just assumed I really liked the movie
default_blush.png
)

TV

Willow, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Carrie, from Sex and the City (I'm a writer--it could only be Carrie)

Stewie, from Family Guy

Jon Stewart, from The Daily Show (forget politics--it's the funny voices and faces that keep my attention)

I guess it's not really short is it...*sigh*

OK Jill, I'm a romantic mush so here goes:

default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif

Richard Chamberlain in the Thorn Birds

Leonardo DiCaprio in Titanic

Buffy and Angel in Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Snake Pliskin from Escape from L.A.

And Bugs Bunny. Everything you need to know about life has been summed up at one time or another by Bugs.

Liz R.

Okay, there's an odd assortment of characters I like but...

Peter and Lucy from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, & Prince Caspian- He was such a good big brother to Lucy.

Tirian from the Last Battle-Narnia

Yoda- LOL

ObiWan- funny in a sarcastic sort of way

Barney Fife from the Andy Griffith show. - Its funny how he always thinks he's so great.

Mr. Darcy- on Pride and Prejudice- He turns out to be a really nice and friendly person towards the end.

Lucy- on While You Were Sleeping- she's such a normal person, doesn't have much but yet she has a happy ending.

Well thats a few, sure I could come up with more later.

Lucille, from Crazy in Alabama (novel)
That books a hoot isn't it!

I read it a few years ago, one week during the winter when it's too cold to do much at the barn.

Yes!!! It's been a few years since I read it, too. My mom read it first and passed it on to me. It is a great read! Just looking at Amazon, there's another one or two by the author that maybe could be as good??? It's a really fun book and great winter read
default_yes.gif
When my mom was explaining what it was about to me, including the lettuce keeper, I knew I had to read it
default_biggrin.png

Jo in the book, "Little Women".

Elinor in Jane Austin's "Sense and Sensibility"

Lizzie (Elizabeth) in "Pride and Prejudiced"

House

Kaitlin, the 4 year old from Americas Got Talent

Frodo from the Lord of the Rings

Maria from the Sound of Music

Ummm Vin Diesel, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Leonardo they are all memorable in just about anything.

Johny Depp, Edward Scissorhands, Pirates of the Caribean, Captain Sparrow, Benny in Benny and June, Willie Wonka, eeeww and Sweeny Todd.

Roy Rogers and Dale Evans

Shrek and Donkey "Sorry not real but still my favs"

"Alf" Do I live in an animated/fantasy world?

Will Smith "Men In Black"

Barnaby Jones

Granny "The Hillbillys"

These are some of my favorites. The best being "Donkey" I just love that character.

Edward Cullen and Bella Swan from Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, & Breaking Dawn
default_wub.png
All by Stephanie Myers

I want to go to Janet Evanovich's mythical New Jersey from her "Numbers" series and spend the day hanging out with Stephanie Plum, Lulu, Grandma Mazur, and of course Joe and Ranger!! I laugh so much reading the stories, if they were real I can only imagine how hilarious!

For TV - I would love to go hang out with the characters from Bones and watch as they solve a murder using all of that cool science.

Marty - I was a Buffy/Angel addict!
default_wink.png
My friend and I even went to two conventions and got to meet David Boreanaz.
default_wub.png
Yes, that's my crazy, dark secret - I went to Buffy conventions. Shhhh - don't tell anyone!
default_biggrin.png
(I'm blessed with a very tolerant husband - he puts up with my horse obsession and my obsession with the pretend "vampire with a soul".)

Barbara

Claire McLeod from the Australian TV show Mcleods Daughters

When I have time to read and watch TV/Movies - I usually pick the light hearted ones. I know I should be "deeper" but I'm not.

Movies

The cast from "The Holiday". I love that movie.

The cast from "Sweet Home Alabama" (apparently I am a romantic at heart)

TV

James Spader from Boston Legal (I love him and Denny Crane)

Samantha from Sex and the City (I cried during the movie)

the entire cast from NCIS

Too much fun !!!

Lisa - Ozark

TV ~ Kosmo Kramer on Seinfeld

Movie ~ Character Mel Gibson played in What Women Want...

BooKs ~ My Sister's Keeper, the role of the lawyer and Elaine's Circle, the teacher

OH, the little girl on America's Got Talent...Yes, amazing...

Julianne on Dancing with the Stars...Amazing dancer...and not very old...

Latest posts

Back