Your Earliest Pictures Of You And Mini Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kootenay

Reaction score
Let's see your very first miniature horse photos
default_yes.gif

Here is mine. I was about 10 or 11 in this photo, and the mini colt I am holding in the picture, I had discovered the morning he was born at the petting zoo I was working at. That little guy was a huge hit due to his tiny size.

We named him Spook:

spookandkim.jpg

(excuse the photo quality--it wasn't scanned).

Let's see yours
default_smile.png

This is a fun topic!

This picture was taken the day I brought my first mini, Suzy, home in 2001, I was 11.

FH040026-1.jpg

Here's a very early photo of me (back in the mid 90s) with one of my newborn colts "Kickapoo's Little Lord Fauntleroy" (Fonzie)

FonzyArms.jpg

And here is a photo of me & "Kickapoo's Kewpie Doll" (Dolly). This was in 1991. She was the very first foal from my own breeding (a CockRobin daughter) I had never shown before in my life....and of course, Dolly hadn't either. I didn't even know enough to know how to get her mane to lay over & went ahead & showed her with a "mohawk"!
default_laugh.png

She did QUITE well as you can see!

DollyAndDonasFirstShow.jpg

This is a photo of me & "Kickapoo's Deja Vu" as a weanling. Notice where her toes are! She STILL has a habit of standing on my feet every chance she gets!
default_rolleyes.gif

DejaOnToes.jpg

This is a photo of me giving "Kickapoo's Tickle My Fancy" a bath in the tub. (back in the 90s). I was going to take her to the local mall for an exhibit & it was February. February in Ohio is downright FRIGID....so of course, I couldn't bathe her anywhere else. I blew her VERY dry with my blowdryer before I took the sparkling clean little fluffball to the mall.
default_wub.png

FancyTub.jpg

This is Hondo, my first mini the first day I brought him home. It was a year ago in November. He was seven, I was thirty nine.

123-2347_IMG.jpg

Heres a really old pic of me with our first born miniature Baxters Tiny Rocket Dancer at our first show. I miss her so much.

tinyribbon.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
These were taken at one of my visits to Bailey before he came home.

100_0057.jpg

100_0072.jpg

And the home coming!

100_0055.jpg

This is me, my dad, and my sister with the first horse that I registered with AMHA when he was fifteen. He was born in 1963 and I was a senior in high school. Greaves' Big 'Un.

bigun_mel_dad_me_63.jpg

We bought our first miniature just last May. Here is our Cornerstone Lil Peek-A-Boo. He has turned out to be an awesome first horse for our whole family. We couldn't have asked for a better first horse to love and learn with.

peekd2.jpg

well, this is my first "mini", a shetland Pony who was 35" tall. I got her when I was 2 1/2....she taught me ALL I needed to know about hanging on, balance and ducking while galloping. Also, watching out for trees and running away. LOL. She was a sweet little thing if you were not on her, but once you got on, watch out! She was awsome to drive though, I was driving her everywhere when I was 6. Wish I had a pic of her with her little cart.....I think this iright around when we first got her, the people we got her from used to tie her to a tree to graze, so my parents did until they got electric fence up.

Visit My Website

sorry, forgot how to post pics. Been a while, and every board I am on is different. Here is the link (above). Also, I believe this was 1973

Here I am with my girl, Mocha's keep Her In Kashmere (Kassie). Can't believe this was almost three years ago.
default_wub.png
This was taken at the farm I met her and purchased her from, before she came home.

DSCN2755.jpg

And the earliest I can find of SRF Covergirl (Covergirl) and I, this was taken the first summer the girls came home. We were dressing them up for a parade.

DSCN3146.jpg

This is a neat post, everyone's come so far, and it's those first minis that show us the way.

Rebecca

This is our first mini, SRF Masters Touch (aka Cowboy), at his very first horse show in 2004. We KNEW he was going to be a challenge when we got him that January as a companion for our big horse, Target, and we haven't been disappointed!!

first_show_5.jpg

By the way, he recovered quite well in this class and placed 3rd out of 9 colts and fillies (all sizes) 2 years old and under.

Latest posts

Back