Your Drive Day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Edelweiss

Reaction score
Just so we are all on the same page! 🤣 It's not "rocket science" as they say.

Oh you'd be surprised!! Lol There are so many factors from clipping to head height to leg placement.

Dragon Hill

Reaction score
I always thought it was a bit ridiculous the way they measure miniature horses. But if you read the history behind it, it was a compromise, and a good one. One group wanted them measured at the whithers, the other group wanted to measure at the lowest point of the back. So I'm happy our minis aren't all sway backed. 😆

Edelweiss

Reaction score
Yeah and depending on the trainer they can get a horse shorter or taller so that the horse can be entered into the class they want 🤣🤣
You got that right! Mostly shorter! I think you could say they have it down to a science because I don't even know all that they do. Or want to lol.

I always thought it was a bit ridiculous the way they measure miniature horses. But if you read the history behind it, it was a compromise, and a good one. One group wanted them measured at the whithers, the other group wanted to measure at the lowest point of the back. So I'm happy our minis aren't all sway backed. 😆
Oh wow! I can't even imagine lowest point of the back! Yes! I'll take last hair of the mane! It is a bit ridiculous at first look. It's been around for awhile now and I think it's become the accepted standard. They just look for ways to make it more accurate. I have some horses whose withers would add a good 2-3", so Idk.

Willow Flats

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Just one of the many reason a lot of full size horse people think we are ridiculous.

The man down the street that drives percherons laughed in my face when I showed him a harness. He thought they looked like Barbie clothes.

Kelly if you want Breezy to measure taller, better do it before he gets his feet trimmed. 🤣

Latest posts