yellow on back of hocks and legs, it won't wash out!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jegray21

Reaction score
Hi all, I have show this weekend and the blue shampoo just won't get his tail and hocks white again
default_no.gif
, does anyone have any products that work? he is supposed to be white! Thanks in advance, we have been washing with Quick silver.
default_wacko.png

I think there's another thread with ideas, but I use Carpet Cleaner Cat Urine remover on the white tails. I wouldn't use it on the legs though. Have you clipped him? Maybe reclip his legs real close.

If you can't clean it out, get some Shapeley's (sp?) spray on white. Or cornstarch or baby powder, applied as a paste and brush off excess when it dries (right before you go into ring). Those should help the hocks anyway. Baby wipes can also help there. I would keep the tail bagged.

Yep, Oxyclean will help. But baby powder rubbed into the areas when they are DRY will help to disguise it as well.

Wisk laundry detergent works pretty good for stain removal (hint from the Arabian breeder/exhibitor I worked for in college, lots of light greys to keep clean); but its drying, so be sure to use horse shampoo and conditioner afterwards (and rinse really well).

Be careful with the wisk. We used it for a long time on an old big appy gelding we showed with no problems, then used it on a loud paint mare and she broke out in hives all over her body from it.

Can you reclip the legs? For the tail, if I cant get them white enough, I spray white shapelys in them then brush them so it looks more natural. Baby powder or corn starch on the legs

I wouldn't use the Wisk or Oxyclean on the legs. I know the Oxyclean gets hot when it's working. But I have used it on tails.

Good luck at the show!

Latest posts

Back