writing a column

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnalee

Reaction score
Hi, I am writing a monthly column for Carolina Hoofbeats Magazine and will be often talking about minis - so if you want to give me suggestions for timely subjects of interest to miniature horse owners feel free to let me know.

Dwarfism

Foaling

Breeding

Showing

Feeding

Color Genetics

Conformation

Is that enough, lol.

Driving - American Driving Society events (CDEs, ADTs, Pleasure Driving Shows, etc)

4-H Clubs for miniatures

Using miniatures for therapy (nursing homes, veterans groups, childrens' hospitals, etc)

How to determine weight - so many think they are only about 50 pounds full grown

Selective breeding, gelding, etc for population control in this down market

A column about why allowing minis to share pastures or other enclosures with full size horses is a bad idea, no matter how well they seem to get along. Just saw another pic on another board I visit where this is happening and I just cringe every time.

Many people ask, "What good is a mini? You can't ride them."

I think an article with photos and descriptions of the many events and disciplines in which minis can be shown would be a good education for many people.Minis are very versatile and many people are not really aware of that.

You all are awesome!!! I got a couple of emails, too. So I am going to file these ideas and as I use them I'll be back asking questions. I knew this was THE place to come for help. So many of you were wonderful in helping me write my book.

You might also want to check out a recent thread on here "Why minis" which had some awesome stories of why forum members decided to get a mini!

Latest posts

Back