WOW my Angel just foaled a lovely healthy boy!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capall beag

Reaction score
York Beach, Maine originally from Ireland!
I tell you, this one scared me a little, mostly I felt my luck might run out!

I must say after he arrived, I took a moment and Thanked God for 3 healthy deliveries from 3 maiden mares.

After 2 nights with NO sleep I feel a little wacko but soooooo fortunate!!

I am so fortunate, 3 live, healthy foals. All went well I learned so much and got a deeper appreciation for my mares!!

My foaling season is over for this year and no plans to breed anyone again any time soon!!

What a miracle, I just helped my Angel deliver her silver dapple colt, it was a very tight squeeze but she 'done good'!

Curious to know she was up against the wall and the bulge popped before I saw it, so the foot was out of the sac. I got worried about this in case the foal did not come right along.......Was there reason to worry or is this perfectly fine???

I don't know how you guys with a ton of mares do this I am shattered and exhausted, doing it alone and with 3 little kids doesn;t help any
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Thanks for all the support and kind words along the way!!

This forum is priceless and it is free
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
Incredible!

Congratulations! You have done sooo well!!! Im still learning but I THINK that if the sac is broken you cant push the foal back in to rearrange it???? Im sure someone can correct me....

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations. sounds like you had a little heart pounding of your own going on there. They do like to do that to us.

[SIZE=14pt]It is all just fine. I have pushed a foal back after the bubble broke to readjust some legs. It can still be done if you have to. Not unusual for the bubble to break from that first foot. I think thats a good thing. They should be ok whew! You deserve a vacation![/SIZE]

Lyn

Congratulations :aktion033: Three wonderful foals and three uncomplicated deliveries. Fantastic
default_yes.gif
: Will sure be looking forward to seeing the little guy.

Plus three small children! You definately deserve some kind of an award!

Fiona, CONGRATULATIOS, on a job well done
default_yes.gif
: I dont know how you do it with 3 small kids, I can barely handle it when I have one of my grandkids over and they are 2 and 3 yrs old. You definitely need a vacation! Corinne

Congratulations, Fiona!

As Lyn said it's no problem if the sac breaks before the foal delivers. Matter of fact if I have to go in and readjust I'll break the bag to try to work inside it. I feel there is less chance of bacteria entering the mare that way.

Congrats on a successful year, now get some sleep for those of us that have a long way to go, lol!

krisp

Congratulations on all 3, a successful yr, healthy and wonderful, what more can you ask for. I'm very happy for you.

Congratulations, Fiona! Your mare done good, and you did, too
default_smile.png
Looking forward to the pictures!

Latest posts

Back