Would anyone know

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjcs

Reaction score
[size=5 Would anyone know what to do for dry cracked pads on a dog's feet?

Thank You for any advise you may have.

Barbara]

Last edited by a moderator:
Vaseline works well and so does baby oil.

There's a product called "Musher's Secret" that is supposed to be great for dog's pads. My stepdad used to run sled dogs and their feet can get sore, they put on a lot of miles sometimes, and this stuff helped. I can't remember who carries it, maybe Jeffers? I can check if you'd like to try it.

baby oil and vaseline. Rub in the baby oil and then put on a layer of vaseline. The baby oil soaks in quickly, and the vaseline leaves a protective coat. Don't use too much of either though, or your dog will probably only end up licking it all off and making things worse. And watch him on your carpets! Vaseline and dirt from outdoors will NOT be easy to clean out of your carpets, or even off light colored tile floors. EWW. LOL

My vet recommended bag balm once for our springer- it was in the middle of winter and he was getting cracks that where agrivated more by the high salt use in the city- worked like a charm and used it most years since as a preventative. :bgrin

Latest posts

Back