Worming.................follow on thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so very sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif

That poor girl. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Yes please get in writing from your vet what happened too her, if you can a second opinion would be good too. Then show these people what the vet has said and demand your money back. This is just totally redicolous and what a shame.

I should be sorry, but I'm not. I'm MAD!! You lost this beautiful little girl and they need to pay for it!!! Did you get an autopsy? Or if your vet will be willing to testify IN COURT that the cause of death was due to worms, then you should be OK.

I wouldn't contact them again without legal counsel.

I am so very sorry for your loss.I would get written proof form your vet about the worm issues and go after them fo a full refund and your vet bills.After that is done I would tell everyone I know the names of the people who supposedly wormed this sweet little girl.The best and WORST form of advertising is word of mouth.So sorry for your loss.

So sorry for you loss. I bought a filly and paid to have her wormed and such. When she arrived to me off the transporter, she was skin and bones. Took her to the vet that monday (she got here over a weekend), we put her on a worming regiment. She made it. But I was furious of the underweight and wormy condition she arrived in. Granted a trailer ride will sometimes knock worms loose, but not as many as what were coming out of her. :DOH!

I would definately be going after getting my money back and vet bills refunded. That is no excuse and it states that she was up to date on everything. Keep us posted.

What an absolutely horrible ordeal you have had to endure because of someone elses negligence. I am so sorry. HUGS!

default_no.gif
What a nightmare. Like others have said, don't give up on the seller. Maybe he'll actually start a worming program and no other horse of his will have to suffer (and no more clients will end up with dead horses)...

Im soo sorry for your loss
default_no.gif
. Like other have said don't give up on the seller! Hope all turns out ok for you
default_unsure.png
!

Please accept my sincere sympathy for the loss of your beautiful filly. Sending you a huge bear hug. At least in her short little life she did have you to love her and do what was best. I am so sorry for your loss.

default_new_shocked.gif
HOW IN THE WORLD DO PEOPLE LIVE WITH THEMSELVES DOING THIS INTENTIONALLYTO A LIVING THING??

default_no.gif
:No-Sad THEY SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE QUICKLY AND PAINFULLY!!!!!!{{{HUGS}}}

default_no.gif
THAT saddens me to see what that poor filly went through as well as your pain. There is no excuse whatsoever for that to have happen
default_nono.gif
and I would sure be taking them to court to recoup monies lost as well as vet bills. Shameful is not the word to even use. :arg! Worming is not that expensive to do on a mini

Yes, I'm going to make a start on doing something about it..............just very shell shocked at the minute.

I don't know who I should go for though........let me explain. Pink was bred by a Stud who then asked a second stud to sell her for them. So I saw a picture of Pink, sent to me by the second stud and I fell in love with her. Stud 1 sent her to stud two where she spent a month or so bonding with a colt I was buying from stud 2.

I handed Stud 2 the money for Pink and received all the documents and information which included the 'fully up to date with worming and tetanus' wording. I assume Stud 2 then sends the money that stud 1 were asking for the filly in the first place and just take a cut.

So, who should I send the letters to? I had no dealing whatsoever with Stud 1 and Stud 2 gave me all the info on Pink.

Hope this makes sense
default_wacko.png

You need to deal with whomever you paid. If all your contacts and dealings were with Stud 2, then that's who you go after. It's up to them to go after Stud 1.

Stud two sounds like they were acting as an agent and probably got some money for selling for Stud one. Either way it took longer then 1 mth for that filly to get in that condition and what does it say about Stud 2 for even selling her like that?
default_no.gif

Hello Crystalbank,

I am so terribly sorry for your loss, what a complete waste of life for the saving of a few pence.

Unfortuneately you will only be able to take them to Court through the small claims court. All very long winded and you will not be able to claim your legel fees back unless the original costs was over £5000.00.

I am in the same position, I purchased a filly in October, advertised as being regularly wormed etc.

the 1st night I spotted round worms and promptly treated her, it has taken three months to get her worm levels down, they were coming out of her in balls of white worms, very little muck, just worms, day after day, it went on for weeks. With persistance and a great deal of help form the vet, I think we have resolved the issue, however I am sure it has had an effect on her long term health.

The filly was sold without her passport, I was told it would follow shortly with her AMHA paperwork. All a pack of lies from start to finish. I have had to source her passport and pay for her Sire and Dam's AMHA transfer of ownership in order to receive her AMHA temportary registration, ok only $75.00, but not the point.

Some breeders should be taken off Breed societys books and be prevented from registering future foals.
default_no.gif

If you would like to chat, call me.

So sorry that you lost your girl.
default_sad.png
Some people don't realize how much damage worms can do. I bought a mini stallion a few years ago that looked and acted healthy. Two days after I got him, he colicked severely. The vet treated him as any other colick case, we thought the cause was too much grass, where he came from had very little grass in the pasture. But, the next day he passed a large amount of tapeworms, and died while I was with him. So, even if they appear to be healthy, worms can still be a problem waiting to happen.
default_no.gif
And make sure to treat for tapeworms!

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you can get your money back including the vet fees. Why are some people so irresponsible?

So sorry for little Pink and your loss. There is NO EXCUSE for not worming - it is very easy to do and costs very little.

Barbie

Latest posts

Back