WooHoo! Lots of terrific pics of Esprit

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
I had such a great time showing Esprit in driving last weekend. He was just very steady and showed excellently for a first year horse! We took a lot of second places. It was a super small show so not really a good gauge of how he is doing against other horses I would say. But the most important thing to me at this phase is that he go and behave and have a good time. We definitely accomplished that!

There was no show photographer, but luckily Leia (HobbyHorse23) was there with her handy-dandy cam! She is a pretty good hand with the camera, and got some amazing shots of my horse. I feel so proud of my Esprit, he is my baby and such a very good boy.

Here is Esprit, compliments of Leia!

warmup5.jpg

warmup3.jpg

warmup2.jpg

warmup1.jpg

stretchywalk.jpg

standing.jpg

And THIS is from the Versatility class...haven't jumped him in a while and I guess he felt the need to be extra cautious! Oh it was funny!

jump1.jpg

jump2.jpg

Needless to say, he jumped a clear round. LOL!!!

Very fun stuff. This week we head down for the CDE at Happ's. Can't wait!
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Very, very pretty boy that you have there! Love the color!! He looks very nice in cart, but holy shamoly the jumping pics are hilarious!!!! Love the look on his face in them too. LOL

Are you going to be at the Can-Am show this weekend?

Wow, he sure looks nice driving. And yes, the jumping photo is hilarious, that boy can jump...lol. Great photos too!!!

Amy, You pix made my day!!! I Love Esprit! I have ever since you posted his handsome face. And since I am a driving fan, these driving pix are the icing on the cake. He looks great.
default_smile.png

Angie

Thanks for sharing the photos - He looks great driving and I love the jumping photos. He sure tucks his knees!!! But I am having a hard time imagining the horse that beat him in driving!

I'm glad you posted the photos, Amy! Esprit really showed his future brilliance in the warmup ring while I was taking those photos and I think with a little more time he'll be doing the same thing in the main ring. I was very impressed by how far he's come in such a short time and I think he's going to shine among the brightest stars before long.
default_wub.png

targetsmom said:
But I am having a hard time imagining the horse that beat him in driving!
We live in the land of Patty Cloke. I believe the other entrants were experienced National Champions? Amy? Esprit was absolutely in their league, he just wasn't as consistent yet.

Leia

Yes, the horses that beat Esprit were all experienced National Champions from the Cloke Stable. It wasn't the same from class to class though, he actually beat some of those same horses in other classes. I was totally on cloud 9, for sure! This is something I hoped and dreamed for several years. I bought Esprit when he was 5 days old. I bought that mahogany cart when he was a yearling, because it matched the color of his coat. He IS my heart horse, I love this one like no other.

Thank you all for your great compliments, I really appreciate it!
default_yes.gif

And for comparison sake, here is a photo of him on his second drive ever, back last October when I started him. We've come a long way, baby!
default_new_rofl.gif

EspritSecondDrive1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He is such a gorgeous horse. One of my 'forum favorites' for sure. Those jumping pictures made me chuckle, and he looks fabulous under harness.
default_wub.png
Congratulations on doing so well with your amazing guy. Look forward to seeing more of Esprit!

Esprit update! I took him to his first CDE this past weekend at Happ's. One week after doing so well in the breed ring, my little boy turned around and placed 3rd in a very tough competition including a 10k marathon that went back and forth over a creek 4 times! I am sooooo proud of him!

Awesome Amy! He is such a good partner!

The one I CAN'T WAIT to see out there is Turbo. His sibs were at the AMHA show doing excellent in all avenues this last weekend. Makes me want to get Charm out and do something with her since she wasn't in foal.

I'm just now seeing these for the first time!!! I guess that's what happens when you go to the other side of the US for a week with no computer...

Anyway, just wanted to say he looks beautiful. I love the first two pics.

If you don't mind my asking, who's turbo?

Turbo is my yearling colt by Grosshill Dandy's Special Edition. I wanted an "Eddy" baby for years and finally got him last fall. He is a really great colt with fabulous bloodlines, he is out of a Flaby's Supreme daughter. Turbo is one heck of a little guy! I am having to sell off a few of my really good horses, it is breaking my heart, for sure.

Esprit is a dream horse. He has so much to offer hook line and sinker. I have always been crazy about this boy and his color is just awesome.

Latest posts

Back