Woodstock North

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wpsellwood

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank everyone on Nancys behalf. I spoke to her on the phone today and she isnt doing well at all. Breaks my heart.

So if anyone is up to sending her a card or a note, I know she would think that is great. She said she hasnt been on the computer in days.

Maybe Dru can post more details on whats going, help me out Dru
default_smile.png
She knows exactly what Nancy has from previous experience.

Basically Nancy has lung cancer and it is progressing RAPIDLY. I spoke to her Friday and she is very tired and any activity exhausts her. By this I mean, walking from the bedroom to the kitchen....Eating is also a problem for her....

Mike is her ANGEL taking care of things she needs.....but he needs to get treatment shortly for problems he has too, and he is NOT leaving his Nancy!!! Some devoted people!

She is happy to hear from anyone and everyone via cards, letters and phone calls ( Mike will answer and get the phone to Nancy) ....... He refers to me as "Some Lady" when I call.....

She hasn't seen her horses in weeks as she cannot get to the barn (plus they have HUGE drifts in their driveway), and wishes she could just put her hands on them and give them some lovin!

I URGE anyone who wishes to speak to her to PLEASE do it shortly. Cards, letters, or calls! She will be tickled!

Anyone wishing their numbers or address, it's on their website, OR PM me and I'll give it to you.....

dru

I don't even know them, but I sent them a note with a little something in it recently. I was so impressed with all the historical information on their website, that I just had to tell them.

Hey Dru he refers to me as the Colorado lady ha ha ha

Ohhh how sad. Thank you for updating us. I will give Nancy a call today and get her a card in the mail. Who is taking care of her horses? I was just looking at some pictures I have of her and Mike when I bought Topaz, .. they look like America's Sweetest couple, ...and now I just want to cry.

Corinne

They are paying Troy to do chores, with the help of all of the wonderful people from LB and other friends that visit the board. She told me she got a housekeeper in to clean her house too. She was so happy. Its just so sad. It was awful on the phone I wanted to cry.
default_no.gif

I DON'T REALLY KNOW NANCY BUT HAVE SPOKEN TO HER WHEN MY MARE FOALED. IT WAS A BREEDING I GOT AT NATIONALS,WOODSTOCKS NORTH'S SMOOTH OPERATOR. SHE WAS SO EXCITED AND VERY NICE EVEN THOUGH SHE DIDN'T ME. WISHING HER THE VERY BEST.

I "met" Nancy many years ago when I first got into miniatures. Her and I were trying to get one of her oldies but goodies (horse) back. She is without a doubt one of the most caring people I have ever met in horses. She cares about every horse that has passed her way even if she didnt breed it. Her knowledge of historical miniatures is unbelieveable. I remember going thru some really old Journals and there was articles by Nancy on caring for horses. Shes just an amazing lady and I hate to hear she is struggling. Sending prayers to a very special woman

Kay

This is the latest I have gotten.
default_sad.png

Nancy has taken a turn for the worse. She is in the hospital right now, and my other cousin, Penny, wanted me to email you to let you know what's going on.

Penny is on her way there now. They're going to try to get her released, Penny thought tomorrow. But I just got an email from Mike, and he sounded like it might be today. They won't release her unless she has hospice, or goes to a nursing home. Hopefully with Penny being there to help, they'll release her. Penny will be staying there at least through the weekend, she thought. Unsure of what to do right now. Mike's too frail to keep up everything on his own, his cancer is back, too.

Nancy hasn't eaten, or gone to the bathroom for days. Mike says when they took her into the hospital yesterday, she didn't know who Mike was.

I am so sorry to hear that. Sounds like they love each other very much. It is so sad.

Too many emotions for words. I'm so sorry.
default_crybaby.gif

My heart goes out to you all, especially her loving husband.

[SIZE=12pt]My heart goes out to them and I'm keeping both of them in my prayers....[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so saddened to hear this. Nancy is a wonderful kind woman. She used to own my Tidbit and contacted me after I bought her from Galloping G. She wanted to stay in touch with her beloved TidBit so I kept her updated and sent her pics of Eli when he was born. She was so excited you would think he was her own. Her enthusiasm for the horses is contagious and her knowledge is amazing.

My prayers for her and Mike, for peace and strength.

Back