winter projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got it figured out and my father-in-law decided that he didnt like it. I wasnt very happy about it having a tie rod front axle either, but since I dont weld thats the only way I could figure out how to do it. My father-in-law volinteried to do all the welding for me if I would change it to a fith wheel front axle. So we started on it tonight. Olny had time to work on it for about an hour but we got a lot acomplished. Hopefully we will have it do by next weekend. Cross your fingers because I cant start on my new wooden wagon till we get this done.

Well it works as it should, but I've been told by my wife and kids that its the dumbest looking thing that they have ever seen. I can;t figure out how to get the picture from my pictures to this site so you'll just have to use your imagination. It looks like a plane old golf cart top and all, only the fith wheel and front axle stick out about 12-18 inches in front. I pesonlly don't care what it looks like so I'm going to ride on coushened seats with a roof over my head to keep the sun of it and smile the whole time.

there are a couple of different ways to do a picture. First it needs to be resized somewhat (I don't know what size your photos are - if you've cropped it down to the subject only and made it smaller, easiest to post if a .jpg). You can either do this with a program on your computer or online. THe one I use online these days is www dot picmonkey dot com. You don't have to be a member to use it. Resave your "new" pic to your computer BUT I make sure not to overwrite the original as you never know when you might need it again.

To load directly to this forum - hit the blue "More Reply Options" next to the post button. Then scroll down to below your post where it says "Attach Files" (next to the paper clip). Hit browse and find your picure on your computer. Double click to load it to open it, then click "Attach this File". It loads into a blue "line" under your post. Put your CURSOR where you want the photo to go in your post - say at that bottom of your typing. Then go down to where the pic is and click "Add to Post".

GolfCartTrainer1.jpg

The photo won't show up - it will show up as "computer lingo" - bracket attachment=number assigned by LilBeginnings name of photo.jpg bracket.

You can actually move that around if you want to. If you do, make sure you move the whole thing, with brackets on both ends or your photo will disappear. When you are done with your post, click "Add Reply" as normal.

So does yours look anything like the one I attached (not mine)??

IF you put your photos in an online photo album (I use both PhotoBucket and Picaso and have over 3,000 photos at both), you can load them differently.

Open your photo in a different browser. RITE click on the photo and select the "Properties" (IE browser) button or the "View Item Info" button (Firefox browser). Then

with IE - you want to copy the "Address" - make sure you get the whole thing. Click on the Polaroid picture looking Icon above your post (it's the middle of the 2nd line on mine) and paste the address in it. It will resize your pic to the forum size BUT it's now clickable to get a bigger size - pulled in from your online album.

14June14chix488.jpg

on the Firefox Browser - you want the "Location" that is listed below several address URLs. (one of the address URLs should work, too, but I've never been able to figure out which one, so I just use the location one). Again Copy it, then come back to the forum and click on the Polaroid icon above the post and paste it in that box. And hit OK. I posted pics of my banty hen with chicx taken yesterday!

14June14chix483.jpg

These photos are 500x350 pixels - after cropping down to just my subjects and resizing to a standard size. The original pictures from my camera are 4,320 x 3,240 pixels (HUGE)... Most dialup can't see photos that big - take too long to load...

If you use the online photo albums and a standard "big" size of 500 x 300, you will be able to load 5 pics into your post. HOWEVER, it doesn't count as the size allotment on Lil Beginnings Forum BECAUSE the photos aren't on the forum. Also, the pics will open in a 2nd window/browser.

If you use the first way of attaching then you are only allotted so much room/space and you will have to go and delete pics from your "Lil Beginnings" album in order to load more once you hit your limit. When the picture is clicked, the photo opens in place of the forum and if a person closes it they close out their browser or their Lil Beginnings session if they have more than one browser open...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not very computer literate. I'm sure all that is very easy, but I don't understand any of it. I'm suprised that I got them on my computer at all. anyway miny really doesnt look like the one you posted the photo of as mine has all four wheels and the complete body. We ended up stetching the front axle out about 18 inches then ataching the wagon tongue to that. Il is stretched out so far that my driving lines are almost to short.

Testing. If this works, it was so easy. I clicked on more reply options, then attach file, then choose file, selected one from my photos, then attach this file, then add reply. Easy!

I should mention I did it this way on my iPad. I don't know if it would work on a computer.

image.jpg

No but it is as light as I can get it. I have removed everything exept the gas tank and it is small and plastic. I think it is light enough that I can load it on my trailer by my self ( I hope ).

No at the moment there is no power. Sooner or later I'm going to put a deep cycle batterie under the seat to power the lights and a radio ( because the boys keep complaining about my singing ) and a rear facing seat.

Peggy P - that is a great pic of your little Hoss!! Now some info on him... Thanx for sharing.

Diamond C - OH MY!!! Ask anyone who knows me well and they will tell you I don't "do anything" that doesn't whinny. BUT that is a GREAT LOOKING little pair!!!

AS to your vehicle - I think it's a good one. What a neat and genius way of doing a wagon out of items you have. Soooo... you may have explained the length of the wheel attachment out front, but I don't remember. Why did you do it that way? I'm not an engineer and don't understand. If it's for LOTS of wheel clearance than I DO understand, LOL.

Might be safer to move your neck yoke further forward and not have all that tongue sticking out in front of your team. Then you would either need to move your double tree or lengthen your traces. To lengthen your lines, punch holes in the end of each, get a line made to match the ones you have (I have 2 - one is 10 ft, 1 is 15 ft) with a buckle on each end. You will have a loop of rein (called the "bight") that you will have to be careful of - but much more length to work with. OR you could get a whole separate set of pair lines the "proper" length for what you are doing. Different pieces of farm equipment use different lengths of line - depending on how far your horses are from your equipment, the length of the equipment itself, weather you are ground driving the team(s) and where the seat is placed on the equipment. It's easier & financially more sense, for me to use the extensions rather than buying more than a couple different sets of pair lines...
default_smile.png
Even with single cart driving - different carts seat you closer to the horse than others. Maybe not as noticable in the minis since there aren't as many vehicles for the minis (yet).

I'd love to see more pics and get "introduced" to your team!

Peggy P - that is a great pic of your little Hoss!! Now some info on him... Thanx for sharing.
Thanks Paula! This is my Butch Cassidy, my 38" rescue. This photo was taken by my daughter a few years ago at a carriage club drive. Probably one of the last times I drove him in blinkers. Both of my horses are completely home trained by me, both single and pairs. They both are real nice pleasure horses, and have both competed CDE and Darby. Butch also knows how to shake hands, cha cha, bow, and stand his front feet on a box. I just love my lil dudes!

Hershey_5.jpgrhis is hershey 33" Jake_4.jpgthis is jake 35" the length of the front end is for wheel clerance If the front had been any shorter it would have ment having to lift the hole cart so the wheels would go under. as for the driving lines, I'm going to make some extentions, I just havn't got to it yet. This thing was built on the cheep so I would have somthing to drive while I tear my other wagon apart and rebuild it. It's very comfortable and I think the more I use it the better I'l like it. As for the neck yoke I like the length of it. It ensures that the line don't get snaged on the end of the tongue and thats just the way it ended up.

Latest posts

Back