Winter Parade

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Several of us are planning to go to Chickasha, OK, to drive our miniature horses in the parade on Thursday evening. Looking forward to meeting a new Forum member there!

I hope to be able to take a few pictures.

The parade was very nice! Another forum member and friend came too; that was fun!! She has a lovely driving horse. Weather was perfect. They put our group in front of the antique tractors (I LOVE antique tractors!). Candy throwing was not allowed. (I understand the safety issues, but I foresee a huge drop in spectators.) We did lots of stopping for people to pet the horses. Buddy went along too. Amazing how many people ask what they are. Are they donkeys? Shetlands? What ARE they? I told them he was a reindeer (if they have to ask they deserve a silly answer!).

I only have the photos taken with my camera, but hopefully Debbie will post some of hers. I loved seeing her custom mini trailer and her cart, which she customized. Hopefully she will post a photo.

Here I am with Dapper Dan and Buddy.

My link

Barbara with Pharoah. Doesn't he LOOK like an adorable reindeer?

My link

My sister with John Henry. He is an awesome boy.

My link

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait. I look forward to meeting some Oklahoma "mini" drivers Thursday night. Debbie

I called today to register our group. We were supposed to have it in by Friday, but I told her I didn't know about that rule, so she said to email her (which I did). We are not allowed to throw candy anymore. You can have someone walk along and pass it out. Also saw where fire engines and other entries that are loud are not allowed to make the noise during the parade, as there is livestock. That is interesting! The last time we went, we were right in front of a huge fire engine and he did his horn and siren the whole time. Our horses didn't mind a bit.

We three have been working on decorating our carts. Now if only the wind doesn't blow all the decorations to kingdom come during the 2 hour drive over there!

Hey look, you've got pictures for the LB decorated horse and cart contest!! Lucky you. What are the blue lights on Dan and the cart?

Leia

Leia,

I had to order lights from Hong Kong on ebay. Could find NO battery lights locally this year. Here is a photo of Debbie and Trey (she used her own camera and sent me some pictures). She got her lights at Big Lots and said they had piles of them.

debbietrey.jpg

Her horse is so handsome! And I wish I had more pictures of her cart. When she had the seat reupholstered, she had some fancy embroidery added to the back. (Why didn't I think of that!?)

This was her Trey's first night parade. All the horses did a great job.

Stephanie of ThreeCFarm was also planning to come, but had a last minute change of plan.

It was hard to photograph in the dark as anything reflective, such as street signs, looked like lighthouse beacons. One photo of Buddy makes him look like a horrible cyber dog with glowing eyes.

We had a good time and our little horses gave pleasure to the crowd.

I did have a wonderful time and enjoyed meeting new driving friends. I thought I would add a couple of pictures as well.

The first is of the parade, the second is of the cart's back and the third is my mini rig, mini trailer that carries a mini horse and a mini goat, mini van that carries mini collies (hehe all Shetland Sheepdog breeders would slap me for that comment. Sure enjoyed the night. Debbie

Parade 1.JPG

cart 007.JPG

Trailer 009.JPG

Thanks for posting the extra pictures, Debbie!

When my husband saw the photo Martie took of Buddy as Cyber Dog he enjoyed it so much he put it on his flash drive to take to work for show and tell.

You all looked wonderful and it looked like you had a great time! I love the Christmas Parade pics
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back