Why deleted?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHoofBeats

Reaction score
I just would like to know why a certain topic was recently deleted?

It is shameful that two names were being reduced however, one person started it and the other person suffered. I personally think with how many members read and replied to that topic, it should have been locked, but not deleted.

Who exactly are you protecting? I am not afraid to defend myself when I know I am being wronged.

This one will probably be deleted as well still showing who is being protected more but...I just wanted to say a very definite TRUTH came out from that post and now it's gone...buried...lied. Who is that fair to?

I will edit to add I do appreciate it being gone...just...wondering why AFTER so many read and replied...

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it isnt edifying for anyone....... having been a part pf drama myself in the past. Private matters are best left private. This is why we have a group of moderators and that is a thankless job.

Lyn

Exactly like Lyn said.........they did the right thing.

We don't need to know everyones business matters

I do understand however...numerous sets of eyes have read the topic, to each their own to reply, but...it was brought to publicity, a truth was pointed out, and then poof gone. Locked would have made more sense since so many people already saw it and for the hit it took on me, I sure hope a lot of people got to read both sides of that before it was deleted.

I already had one private e-mail from someone who stated they knew right off the bat who was being talked about, even without names. It shames ME if people only got one side of that story.

Firstly, it very much depends on how soon a moderator sees the post. If there's no moderator on the board at the time, a new thread may very well get a lot of views & even replies before a moderator does come on & see the post & delete it.

Secondly, from what I've seen different times, such threads are okay (providing there is nothing in the post that actually identifies the other party, though some may know who the other party is)--seller or buyer can come on & vent, complain, whatever--but when the other party comes on & states an opposing view/story, then it is no longer okay and the thread soon gets removed.

seller or buyer can come on & vent, complain, whatever--but when the other party comes on & states an opposing view/story, then it is no longer okay and the thread soon gets removed.
I don't understand why that is supposed to be logical...when half the forum can already decifer who is being talked about most especially.

Anyhow, i'm done trying to explain something here, I am VERY glad the post is gone even though I am NOT happy that many members will know who that was about, and remember that, and probably have not heard the other side so...there goes more opinions being made without full resolution.

That's all =)

MiniHoofBeats,

I had no idea the post referred to you, and my guess is most people didn't. The original post was not specific; you weren't identified. You chose to go public, and in an angry manner. You were specific. I'm neither an attorney nor a judge who makes decisions related to malice or slander, but I'd be careful what I say about someone in a forum or anywhere else. Not only was the moderator right to remove the post, the moderator did you a favor.

The only reason I chose to reply was because I was already getting e-mails from people who knew who she was referring to. Otherwise I could have left it alone. But, if some already knew who she was referring to, others knew too.

Anyhow i'm done, I clearly stated above that this topic is between them and myself. No one else, as it should have stayed from the start.

Wow I so disagree. If I came on the forum and found someone writing things about me I felt were misstated or untrue I would feel a great need to defend myself. Minihoofbeats already stated that she had already gotten email from people saying they knew exactly who the original poster was talking about. However that said I agree it is a matter that should have been settled privately between the 2 concerned parties.

Wow I so disagree. If I came on the forum and found someone writing things about me I felt were misstated or untrue I would feel a great need to defend myself. Minihoofbeats already stated that she had already gotten email from people saying they knew exactly who the original poster was talking about. However that said I agree it is a matter that should have been settled privately between the 2 concerned parties.
Thank you, very well said. That's exactly where I came in...things said about me that were mis-stated or untrue and completely un-necessary to be written about. I needed to counteract with the truth in my defense. I understand the need to vent but honestly, vent to family..or friends via e-mail...thats what I do and I get plenty of support.

Well with much regret, I suppose this thread should also be deleted...let bygones be bygones and we will deal with our issues on our own terms. It would be the right thing to do to keep drama off the board =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back