Who's ready for Nationals !

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm SO ready, well, my MIND is ready, but the rest......spent today purchasing a couple pair of slacks, supposed to look decent while stewarding
default_488.gif
I always wait until the last few days before I start anything. That way it gets here fast. Know that doesn't make sense to anyone else, but it does to me
default_wacko.png

Anyway, we will be there Tuesday, have to begin measuring about 4pm I think. This will be the first year in about 15 that we haven't shown horses at Nationals, just doesn't seem real....guess when we drive off without the horses it will hit me.
default_sad.png

Oh well, I'll have plenty of horses to pet and love on.....ok, I promise I won't do that while I'm measuring them, but lookout later!!

Drive safe and hope to meet lots of youall!

Pam

We'll be leaving Tuesday - about a 15 hour drive. HUBBY IS COMING THIS YEAR! I'm so excited he's coming with me! I guess 32 years of dealing with my horses has rubbed off!

We're bringing 2 of ours, 2 of someone else's and John Eberth is bringing Thumper. I've spent the last week making new stall drapes, and the trailer is almost loaded. We're going to the Double Diamond sale and won't be back until Sunday, so Monday is going to be hectic!!!

See you in OK, OK??
default_biggrin.png

I keep looking at all the stuff I am packing saying in my head "but I am only showing one horse in halter, why do I need all this stuff!" lol, but I will be there from the 9th till the 19th so will be having lots of fun. I have been fitting in all my last minute trimming clients since I will be gone so long, but will have some money to spend at the tack vendors lol. Last thing I need, more stuff to bring home.

Will be there with my gelding Mercedes, and will be showing/taking vare of Jamie's gelding as well.

See ya'll there!!!!

Im Ready!! Well not quite but getting there. I also have piles of stuff everywhere getting it all ready to pack in the suv. The hardest part by far is getting everything at home ready for me to leave. Alissa will be my farm sitter and thank God for her.

I am caravanning from Florida to Ok. with my trainers, Show Time of Florida and Ginny Long of Critter Creek and we are bringing 3 vehicles and 3 trailers full of 24 horses! We will be leaving early labor day to get there tuesday sometime. Then comes the moving in for almost 2 weeks. Im only bringing my 2 mini show boys, Banker in halter and Rio in driving(western country pleasure). This year Banker will once again show in a youth class and for the 1st time Rio is being shown in several youth classes. I cant wait to see how they do. Rio likes kids a lot! Cant wait to see everyone at the watering hole and everywhere. Im also bringing some pups at least 1 crested and an affenpinscher. Cant go anywhere without my pups, lol.

Lots to do yet, but I'm ready to be there LOL. What I'm most excited about is the weather forecast for Tulsa - 80's for the high and 60's at night!! We've had something like 65 days over 100 this summer so cool weather has become an obsession.
default_smile.png

Yes, the mountains of stuff to pack are daunting - can't believe how much I have to squeeze into one truck & trailer but it's always worth it! We'll be there on Friday night, all the way till the end.

Jan

Your very kind Mike and Mary
default_smile.png
, cant wait to see you guys and I sure hope La La is on her best behavior ! You never know
default_unsure.png

And Devon,.................... get LOTS of sleep before you leave for Tulsa ! We sure are going to need all the help you can give. Look for us on Tuesday, Erica wont be there until Wed. but can use help setting up the Water'n Hole and getting the stalls ready for the horses when they get there on wed. Cant wait to meet you!

Linda
Will do miss Fashion is going to be th eonly horse in those 3 isles tuesday lol
default_laugh.png
Sounds good sigh we're leaving right froma show tomorrow and it'll take us 3 days all together !
default_wacko.png

Checking everything off on all my lists. I am always worried I will forget something. Got the tack compatment all cleaned out to make room for Jan's stuff. It looks pretty good right now but by the time everything gets put in at the end like Harnesses, fans, etc .you will not be able to open the door without things falling out. Keely just asked If I would head for her in Chariot. Not sure about the toga . It will be a laugh.

We are leaving Pa Weds morning and should be at Tulsa sometime Thurs afternoon. I still have packing to do and pick up some last things at the store tomorrow. We have checked over the truck and trailer for wheel bearings and changed oil, ect. Hopefully won't miss anything for packing but if I miss something, I'll just purchase it out there.

We will be in the Super Duty Barn with McCarthy's Lakeside Stables, Taylors Pony Farm, Dawns Chase Farm, Lucky Trail's Farm, Flying J Farm and the Luchetta's from NY.

Our first class will be Saturday with a youth driving our horse, then we are showing everday till Thursday, then we have a day off.

Everyone have a safe trip to Tulsa
default_smile.png

Back