Who's attending the show in Estes Park, CO next week?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost Spoke Ranch

Reaction score
Hi everybody:

We are making preparations to head to the show in Estes Park, Co next week and was wondering who on here would be attending too? Of course, we will be showing our boy "Catch" in country pleasure driving and our yearling "Prince" daughter Mulligan's Run Bay Char De Neigh. Catch and I brought home two Reserve Grand Championships from the Touch of Class Show in country pleasure driving a few months back, but I'm thinking that was beginners luck on my part.

Anyway, who's going and who are you showing? I'd like to meet some of our forum buds there!

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
How cool is that!!!!

We will be there as usual! We have so much fun! We sit up horseshoes, play redneck volley ball and just have a good time. We barbeque and have a party. We also ride the go carts play miniature golf. If you golf bring your clubs, Warren and Ed go every year.

We are taking Calvin, Elle, Doors, Double, Magic and I believe Breanne might bring Copper she hasnt decided yet. So it will be a full load!

CYA there Brenda

Me! So excited ... and I have so much to do before we leave! Starting with the 9 or so hour drive home tomorrow after todays show.

Hawk and I will be in .... most everything.

Kendra, you are coming to Estes? Way cool, how long does it take you to get here??

How cool is that!!!!
We will be there as usual! We have so much fun! We sit up horseshoes, play redneck volley ball and just have a good time. We barbeque and have a party. We also ride the go carts play miniature golf. If you golf bring your clubs, Warren and Ed go every year.

We are taking Calvin, Elle, Doors, Double, Magic and I believe Breanne might bring Copper she hasnt decided yet. So it will be a full load!

CYA there Brenda
Wow, it sounds like you folks really know how to have a great time and miniature golf too! I haven't played miniature golf since I don't know when! I'll say you're bringing a full load. That many more to cheer for!

This is our first time competing at Stanley arena with miniatures. I did show my POA stallion there in the 70's, so it's going to be great to show there again with another spotty boy.

Estes Park is one of my favorite places in the whole world, it's so beautiful there! I also used to haul our trail horses from St. Louis CO. MO to the little town of Allenspark, just south of Estes, for vacation trips in the Rockies. What adventures we had and was loads of fun! Well, accept when it rained and the tent leaked and we got wet and cold that is! LOL

My goodness Kendra, it looks like you have a very busy show schedule and I hope you don't arrive too exhausted and have time to acclimate. People and horses tend to be a little out of it and sleepy the first day or two due to the altitude with energy to burn there after. I've seen you post here for years and I look forward to saying "Howdy" to both you and Brenda.

Any other forum members going?

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

I think it'll probably take us around 20 hours? We'll see! We'll be there sometime Tuesday.

I sure wish I could go. I was there a few years ago and just LOVED IT!!!

Unfortunalty, I am a Realtor, and no money coming in from Real Estate, so I can not afford to go. Hopefully next year I will be able to go again.

My friend Susan and I will be there! We're flying from Shreveport on Tuesday. We're not showing anything; just coming to watch Ed and Val and get out of the heat here! Can't wait to meet new "mini" people!

Cindy Turner

Hi everybody:
We are making preparations to head to the show in Estes Park, Co next week and was wondering who on here would be attending too? Of course, we will be showing our boy "Catch" in country pleasure driving and our yearling "Prince" daughter Mulligan's Run Bay Char De Neigh. Catch and I brought home two Reserve Grand Championships from the Touch of Class Show in country pleasure driving a few months back, but I'm thinking that was beginners luck on my part.

Anyway, who's going and who are you showing? I'd like to meet some of our forum buds there!

Dawn
default_saludando.gif
I sooo wish we were going!!! I would LOVE to see your beautiful Catch and Prince filly in person!!!

We are from Fort Collins and spent a lot of time in Estes and Rocky Mountain National Park and really miss it, hope all who is able to go has a wonderful time!!!

I'm glad to see a few more forum folks are able to come.

It's been such a tough year in all facets of the economy; I can imagine how tough it is to sell homes in this kind of market. Hugs to you Riverdance with hopes things turn around for you sometime soon. Hey, have you had any fillies born yet this year!
default_smile.png

Gena…so sorry you're unable to make it to Estes this year. I can feel your regret. Wisconsin is very different than Colorado, but Colorado isn’t going anywhere and there’s always next year. I was in Ft. Collins once. My parents stopped off to visit “Warren and Gini Garst”. Warren used to take photographs for Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom television series many years ago and Gini taught at the college there. Perhaps you've heard of them? Catch is such a ham and loves to say hello to folks. He will miss your hugs and of course the cookies too!

We are flying in Tuesday also Cindy. We may pass you and your friend at the airport and not even know it. See ya there!

Everyone travel safe!

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

Hugs to you Riverdance with hopes things turn around for you sometime soon. Hey, have you had any fillies born yet this year!
Yes, I had a total of 5. One being the Cutty filly, so she does not count, since she was not concieved on my farm.
default_rolleyes.gif
7 colts and 4 fillies concieved on my farm (lost one of the best colts, of course). I am going to have to sell two of the fillies (both Windchaser daughters) because I need the money. I am on my way out to shaved them down. We are finally going to get some warm weather and they are going to be too hot with their thick fuzzy coats.

Now part of the fun starts in shaving down 11 foals and getting updated pictures. The foal crop this year was exceptional for the most part. I am even keeping two Windchaser sons to grow them out, both are outstanding. One has a freaky long neck (like his sires)
default_biggrin.png
, he is very upheaded, a solid buckskin and WOW!! His dam is a Boones Little Andy daughter.

One of my colts that I bred is now with Ed Sisk (I no longer own him) Riverdances Black Tie Affair. I am not sure if he will be with Ed or not for Estes Park as Ed just got him about a week ago.

Enjoy the show everyone and lets hope that the economy gets better so that I can go to Colorado next year.!!

Just a heads up, bring warm clothes too!!! Highs in the 70s and lows in the 40s burrrr. I always bring heavy blankets.

Latest posts

Back