Who wants to be a millionaire is calling YOU

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
This could be fun. Let's pretend somebody you know is a contestant on WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE. They asked you to be one of their life lines. You tell them ok but only if the question is about (blank). Tell us something about yourself that would reveal what you could be a life line for. We all know they would call us about miniature horses. But tell us where you might have an area of expertise.

Ok, I will jump in first.

DRYCLEANING. I was in the industry from 1995-2000 as lease operator. I also traveled for the broker as a trainer for new stores and stepped in when a store was having to go through manager change overs.

Next?
default_smile.png

I would have to say flowers, I was a flower designer for 6 years.

I did also forget, dog breeding, been doing that for 19 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a lot about modern portfolio theory, asset allocation, taxation of investments, and annuities.

Have been a "Farm Wife" for 40+ years, so guess farm-related issues. Gardening. Cooking and canning. Oh yeah, and thanks to an untimely bad back of hubbys I can change the diesel injectors in both tractors and combines. I doubt that would be anything that would come up on "Who Wants"!?!?

Legal Secretary, if they have a catagory about loopholes, torts, etc., I might remember a thing or two. And of course horseshorseshorses.
default_wink.png

Dry cleaning (I have Vickie beat...lol...I have been involved in all phases of the business for a total of 21 yrs since 1981 including the last 13 yrs).

Dragon boating

Texting (lol jk)

(obviously), horses..

Ditto, dogs! Grooming, etc. I am a dog groomer and manager of a retail pet store. LOVE dog nutrition..
default_rolleyes.gif

..and SNAKES!!!! I currently own 20 of them..
default_new_shocked.gif

Um.. classic cars/trucks..

MUSIC!

Medical things such as diagnosis, illness, etc.

The police and court systems.

Issues of racism.

Psychology.

NEAT post!

I know a lot about modern portfolio theory, asset allocation, taxation of investments, and annuities.
LOL Jill the first couple I have never even heard of
default_smile.png

Me trashy reality TV shows.. not much but gotta take what I got and be proud!

I know a lot about greek mythology - Probably more then the normal level. I got into it back in middle school / early high school when we were did a study on it...then just got REALLY into it and love reading up on it. I've read several books on it, of course surfed the net countless hours on it. I'm a nerd. I'm a superman buff too...

I also know a lot about medical / health and diagnosis illness ext. I work in the medical field and see something new every day and deal with post care.

My family owns a truck driving company, so I am pretty UTD on DOT regulations and just about anything legal regarding travel and semi trucks (except all that mechanical stuff...lol).

I spent so many summers in the truck with dad or my brothers..all over the country. If you name a town, I can tell you what state it is in and what part of the state...i'm decent at locations.

I know a lot of the pop music and music from the 90's - today.

Total nerd. Guilty as charged
default_blush.png

Aside from horses it would have to be dogs, chickens, fish (the hobbyist kind), and western riding.

Neat thread!

default_saludando.gif
I love learning these neat things about folks.
default_wub.png
All of us gather valuable information through hobbies, careers, and things that interest us. My husband and I poke fun at each other sometimes when one of has "useless information" about something and then sometimes joke about our nerdiness for different things/lack of knowledge on others.
default_poke.gif

He can tell you who played drummer for what band in the 80's, who sang lead, and so forth and so on.
default_488.gif

I can tell you what herb should be used in a particular dish and maybe which ones can be used for natural remedies for what.
default_eat.gif

Original "Star Trek" series and movies. How lame is that???

Spelling, word use.

travel agent for nearly 40 years to support animal/horse habit.....

Canadian Banking procedures (40 + years in the industry) and lots of trivia...like how to tell if a puppy is more wolf than dog, how to stop a cow from kicking so you can milk her, where the saying "Katy Bar the Door" came from.....hahahahaha

Animals, Animal Husbandry, Biology, Psychology, Literature/English, Linguistics, Movies, Cooking...

Well....let's see. Going from job related, special education, special education law.

Health - relating to congenital issues and birth defects. Especially heart defects - I know WAY too much about the circulatory/respiratory system for someone not in the health field. I also know a lot about other diseases/conditions too due to being a "research hound" and having taught many kids with health issues and unfortunately, having many relatives with health issues.

And if we're going for Pop Culture....ask me anything about Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel!
default_wink.png
I can probably answer all of those questions!

Barbara

Palindrome words...Ive been facinated by them for so long and am always trying to come up with ones. Its one thing that I refuse to go on the internet and look up because I think that will take the fun out of it for me. I make my husband look and see if anyone has already thought of it...usually they have.

A palindrome word can be spelled forward and backward and still retain the same meaning

Mom and Dad are the easy ones...then you can get into words like Madam and then you can start making phrases

Dammit Im Mad

Boston Did Not Sob

Never Odd Or Even

But Anita Sat In A Tub

Is that the most nerdy hobby you have ever heard of??
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

Back