Who needs a tractor?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wally

Reaction score
ANything you ask of him he does, no bother at all.

norseman-kishies-2.jpg

...a BIT of rain, we've had it so wet I'm surprised we havn't all sprouted fins! This is why he's having to do the fetching and carrying, the Land Rover was sliding sideways down the hill, it has been so wet. So when the modern fangled ways fail, it's back to the old ways, which work!

norseman-kishies.jpg

Absolutely fantastic!! I love to see them earn their living. I had a big old Island mare (Yarpha) a few years back now and she was worth her weight in gold. She would take six bales on the cart across to the broodmares and all I ever had to do was run a long in front opening and closing gates. She's dock in beside the fence for me to unload and then take the cart home and wait for her feed. If I remembered she had a halter on her head, if I did not- well, I wasn't leading her anyway!!!

Dear Amy was a treasure- 39 1/2" of pure gold- she looked like a pygmy Hippo (if they came in black and white) but I never cared. She was a work horse, and, like your dear boy, she knew her job!!!

I had noticed that, whilst safe here in the South we are actually approaching drought conditions(!!!) you have had just a wee bitty more than your share of the wet stuff up there!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yarpha??? Oh that does sound encouraging.

I have bought two Yarpha bred colts this year. They are the dearest , kindest little people, matching silver duns, I want them to work as a pair, they will look stunning (if they will work together) they are joined at the hip usually, which bodes well.

A friend used to use her Island Shetland in her market garden, He had a traditional tip cart, and would haul tatties for her. One day, with a full load he decided it was time to go home, he did so, not losing a single tattie, through 6 gates, not going near the posts and was found in the appropriate unloading spot waiting for her.

She has Orlov trotters and massive 17.2hh carriage horses she works in teams on road coaches, but she still speaks of her little Shetland with more affection than any of the big ones....In fact ,when we came to grief once, (her husband and me) with two of the BIG horses and the BIG cart, while playing silly devils on a X country practice area, she told us she was not surprised, it wouldn't have happened if we'd been driving the ponies, the BIG horses were too stoopid to think their way out of it and when the chips were down lacked courage!....thing is she was right, the big horses were big wusses!

Awww...hes sooo pretty.I love the scenery where you live!!Very jelous....
default_yes.gif
: looks like fun!!

Latest posts

Back