Who is going to the Winter Breeders Classic?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm watching and seeing the same thing too-- most of the horses look chestnut or sorrel to me, but the colors they are saying don't always match. Some nice horses going thru, but most of the prices are awfully low, IMO.

Just wanted to add, it isn't that I doubt the autioneer's and owner's colors, I'm sure it's either the feed or my screen or both.
default_smile.png

There have been some GOOD prices, but not many. the highest so far was $13,000 or just over, a buckskin stallion. The next highest was a bred mare, $7100 (or thereabouts, I'm doing other things while listening, lol). I'm not paying much attention as to which ones aren't selling for their bid price, though I think that lot #13 went to $5500 but wasn't sold. Some other prices: $5000, $4600, $3600, $3400. But there are some low prices too: $750 (filly, may not have sold at that price) $800 (a mare), $1000 (mare) $1100 (mare), $1200 (fiilly), $1300 (colt), $1350 (mare). Quite a range of prices really.

all I can think of seeing these body-clipped horses is that they would FREEZE if I were to buy one and bring it home! :Cold-Scared

What I was thinking as well, too early and if they are clipped, they will freeze the next couple months.

Okay, what did the laurel acres (I think that's who it was, Black Oveo/splash, bald face 2 year old colt) go for? Missed the first 13 horses.

Carolyn

Okay, what did the laurel acres (I think that's who it was, Black Oveo/splash, bald face 2 year old colt) go for? Missed the first 13 horses.

Carolyn

If he was lot #5, he went for about $2000.

all right Robin, SPILL-- who got him?
default_biggrin.png

If I was looking to buy, he would have been my pick for the sale, based on the photos, since I missed the live footage.

Is it just me or is there a HUGE amount of sorrel mares in this sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll let her tell Lori!
default_biggrin.png
He was my pick too!
default_yes.gif

I'm so happy she got him!

Just from what I have seen on this board, I can Take a REALLY GOOD GUESS at who got him, LOL

default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

I think there was a mix-up on Lot #5.....I hope they get it straightened out......
default_sad.png

I think there was a mix-up on Lot #5.....I hope they get it straightened out......
default_sad.png

What's the mix-up? I have a colt listed as lot #10 too, (went for about $1400) but I didn't get the color on that one, and I *think* there were just the two colts in the first 13 lots, but I am by no means sure. And, at first I wasn't noticing at all if any the horses were a "no-sale". The audio quality is not so great on my computer right now.

The lowest price I've seen has been $400 for a 2 yr old colt, but most horses went for between $1400 and $3900 in the last 20 lots.
default_smile.png

What's the mix-up?
Apparently two buyers both thought they got the horse, bidder numbers just one # apart. Hope they can resolve it. I was gone all day and just tuned in for the last 3-4 horses.

Jan

Does anyone know what lot 31 went for? It was a blue roan (I think) stallion.

Thanks!

There was a filly that went for $12,000 that Double Diamond sent through. I think for the most part the prices were fair. Some old style horses went through that did not get a lot, but that is not what is winning today.

Congratulations eveyone who bought!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I watched most of the sale here from home, i miss lot 69-79 as i went out to feed a few of the horses. There was a mixup between two people on the same horse who had a bidding number that was 1 number apart. It happens
default_sad.png
. I hope they get everything worked out ...

I think prices were down considering the quality that sold. The alvadar double destiny son sold for $13,000 and he was beautiful, my pick of the sale and he topped it of course lol. The next was i believe Covergirl who sold for $12,500 (?) or around that.

The prices on the mares and a few of the colts really got me, if only i was closer to texas lol.

There is another one April 25th in Indiana, im planning to attend that one and wont be stuck at home
default_smile.png

Congrats to all the buyers
default_aktion033.gif

#31 went up to $3900, I don't know if he was a no sale or not. VERY NICE LOOKING GENTLEMAN.

Lot #45 the black/white pinto Black Velvet son looked really really show ring sharp!

He was a good anything/ everything prospect.
default_yes.gif

If he sold...he was the steal of the sale!

Latest posts

Back