Who is going shopping this Friday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mother and I just returned from walmart, yes we were one of the people at the door at 5am.

Some of the things i learned...some tips for those of you heading out..

1) Do not split up, unless you want to spend atleast an hour looking for your partner.

2) Make sure EVERYONE has a cell phone.....

3) Dress cool, all those people in there make it HOT.

4) ONLY use a cart if you have to, makes it easier to move threw the crouds without the cart
default_biggrin.png

5) Tylonal tylonal TYLONAL !!!

Spent $379 .....total cost would have been over $650 ..i think we did good, although i must admit...half of the stuff was for MYSELF
default_laugh.png
. Tons of pajama pants, winter jackets for $8...dvds for $2 and $9 ....GPS Cover, Wii Games, Blender, Clogs...gosh so much else. Got mom, dads and and my brothers/sisters xmas shopping done...got Rockband 2 for my brothers family/kids....my xmas cards for the lb card exchange whcih im taking care of this weekend...going to stop in at Radioshack and TSC this morning before work too
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ten years ago I got my husband a Capresso coffee maker that grinds the beans fresh each day. I wondered if I was crazy paying over $200 for a coffee maker.

http://www.capresso.com/coffee-makers-coffee-team-s.shtml

I can tell you I have never regretted spending the money. That machine has been used on a daily basis and has never given one bit of trouble. And believe me once you start drinking fresh roasted and ground coffee you will never want to touch the stuff sold in the grocery stores.

I am stopping at Kohls to get a Keurig coffee maker for myself, enough of waiting for the perfect sale price. I'll do that on my way home from work this evening. Anybody else have one of these? How do you like it?
Jody,

We love our Keurig machine... Can't leave home without it! It goes to horse shows with me, and is a key piece in our setup at Worlds.... I can't say enough about it!

Check out this website:

http://www.coffeepauseathome.com/

We did not even go into Walmart until after 7. Still was able to find everything we wanted. Surprising it was not overly crowded.

Family members will be getting a GPS, hubby and I gave each other a bluRay and I picked up a video camera

I bought the Keurig Platinum at Kohls on Wednesday and earned $40 Kohls cash that I can use on anything from the 30th thru the 6th. It was on sale, then I get this $40 to spend at a store where I plan to shop anyway so good deal. The coffee so far is as good as the coffee from our regular machine, we grind our own beans for that one, but now I don't have to politely wait for a few hours while a certain male of the house hogs the pot with coffee strong enough to grow hair on your chest. Me, I make my pot and put it in a thermos, but noooooo, not him. Had to say he was intrigued by me already having coffee while his was slowly brewing away. He had no idea I had it since I put it in my bedroom (I share the house with him and his wife). He and I don't get along now, and he has these little p*ssing contests he does to irritate me. I just don't react, just find another way to do my thing.

I am not setting foot out of the house to shop, just to the post office and grocery store. So far I hear two people got injured at a local outlet mall, broken nose and broken arm, they got trampled. That is just nuts. Judy said she went to KMart and decided the entire county was there, there were not even any shopping carts left. She really didn't want to go, but needed a big coffee urn for the Christmas tree store as we always have free hot chocolate and cookies for our customers and our urn seems to have taken a hike.

Many, many years ago the big department stores had a once a month "dollar day" where you could get fabulous buys if you were willing to fight the crowds for them. I went with my sister 2 or 3 times (I was young and foolish and she could talk me into anything) and have absolutely sworn off that kind of craziness ever since. I agree that on internet shopping is so much more sane, relaxed and convenient. About 99% of my gifts last year were on line purchases from Cabelas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like every year we hear about someone getting shot, stabbed, or trampled in these sales, and this year is no different.
default_no.gif

My life-anyone's life-is not worth saving $10. I stay home.

You bet! We were out the door at 3:30 this morning. Picked up my daughter and sister. We were at Meijers at 4:15.

Crowds were waaaayy down IMO. Got some great deals. 42" PLASMA TV - $499. Hubby is going to love his Christmas present. Lots of other great deals.

We had 3 people, 2 42" tvs, 4' ladder, couch table, 2 lamps, 15 gal shop vac. Luggage set, 5 x 7 rug, 9 pillows - buy one get 2 free - 3 pet beds, some DVD's and CD's. Slow cooker, Christmas decorations in my Trailblazer.

I love doing the Black Friday thing! Everything was at least 50% off. Didn't see any pushing or shoving. Lines weren't bad at all. We hit our local mall at 6 after Meijers. They opened at 5 and they still had some goodie bags left. Usually those are gone in 15 minutes. Went to Meijers, JC Penney, Elder Beerman, Sears, TSC, Walgreens and Lowes

I wanted to go but didn't have a babysitter so stayed home. There is no way I would take my little guy out there. My mom works at walmart and got a TV dropped on her head. Another girl went home with a black eye. There was an associate in Long Island that got trampeled to death. Also I read about two people who were shot and killed at a Toys R Us store in NC. Maybe I'll stay home next year too!

I think the two people who shot each other was in Southern CA, they suspect it was gang related but nothing positive yet. A friend is also reporting a Best Buy associate was trampled and killed today.

I hate being such a downer, but there's a lot going on that leaves me not feeling the holiday spirit this year. Gotta try, though!

Hmm, yes, deals so cheap that they amount to a loss for the store, just to bait you in hopes that you will buy something else they can turn a profit on, or just move that crap outta there...

The tramplings and the shooting at a Toys R Us are just signs of the times. We are addicted to "stuff" and it needs to slow down greatly.

Not only are we destroying the earth with our need for masses and masses of "things" (not talking about specific needs, just the things such as a new iPod every few months, new cheap shoes to the tune of a dozen pair a month, cheap battery-operated toys and so on and so on), we are destroying our selves. These tramplings and shootings are just a little symbolic of the process that was begun decades ago.

Personally, I will never go into a Wal-Mart again. It's a depressing, dirty place and I don't know anyone who made the things they sell there, nor do I know anyone that owns Wal-Mart.

They send so much of our money to China that I think it's just not my place to shop.

Hope everyone had a good time out shopping, though, and safe, too. Holiday traffic can be nuts as well.

Liz

Latest posts

Back