Who is going shopping this Friday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
AKA - Blitz Day

Some great deals at walmart 5am-11am....bet your butt im going to be there, they have two peice child outifts for $8 ...regular $15 ..that is a deal and a half! Then winter coats, electronics...clothing ext. I recently took up a part time job to fill time at Walmart as a Department Manager and we have been spending all week getting ready for "blitz" on friday. I guess i get a slight advantage as they gave us a map of the store and where the special pricing products are located
default_laugh.png

Going to be at walmart early friday morning...then a few other stores as well...then work
default_wacko.png

Im excited !!!

Not I, wayyy to crowded!

And besides, walmart doesnt even sell horse stuff :)

Mandy. 11, and I are going. I went one time about 10 years ago and said never again. What a mad house. But last year Mandy and I got up at 4:00 A.M. and went to Winona. There were several things I wanted. That little girl and I had the best time going from store to store getting free stuff and buying things that were secret. She talked about it for months afterward. So she asked if we could do it again this year and sucker Grandma said Yes. But it is one of our "special" times. No one else allowed, just her and I.
default_wub.png
So I am looking forward to it.

Not me either. I used to love the hustle and bustle but honestly Leanna, last time I did that I swear I thought I was going to die. Couldn't breathe, had to go outside for air. Its just not fun being shoved and pushed and run over by people. I'll wait for a weekday when its not so crowded when I can take my time and enjoy it. But have a good time!
default_saludando.gif

Takes me almost 2 hours to get to town and the stores are opening at 4am!! My husband laughed, said maybe we'll watch Jay Leno, eat a turkey sandwich, take a shower and then head out the door. YEAH RIGHT, he'll be going by himself !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am staying home and will do my shopping online. It is nice to sit in the comfort of my own home with a cup of coffee and be able to "shop and click" to my hearts content.

I will watch the "shopping mania" on the news while I patiently wait for the UPS truck to arrive in a few days.

Steph

No way! Those people are nuts. The closest I come to the sales is reading the ads in the Thanksgiving day paper. There has yet to be such a deal that I will do that to myself.

I am stopping at Kohls to get a Keurig coffee maker for myself, enough of waiting for the perfect sale price. I'll do that on my way home from work this evening. Anybody else have one of these? How do you like it?

Now if some of those great deals were available online, maybe........

I am stopping at Kohls to get a Keurig coffee maker for myself, enough of waiting for the perfect sale price. I'll do that on my way home from work this evening. Anybody else have one of these? How do you like it?
Jody,

We love our Keurig machine... Can't leave home without it! It goes to horse shows with me, and is a key piece in our setup at Worlds.... I can't say enough about it!

Check out this website:

http://www.coffeepauseathome.com/

We have 4 Keurig machines in my house! Plus my mom and dad, my neighbors, everybody. We have had ours for 5+ years now. Could not live without one. The hot chocolate is good, but make it on the small cup and add hot milk or half n half to an 8oz size. try all the variey boxes, I love the Timothys Chai Tea. Keurig just sent us the Southern Pecan Pie coffee, my husband likes it. You're gonna have a blast with it. Good Luck

I avoid Blk Friday like the plague!! I just don't have the body or temperment for that kind of .........

Buy everything online..just a lot eaiser for me.

Thanks for the Keurig machine info....will go check it out..
default_wink.png

I live almost 30 min from town and "tomorrow" Turkey day, I'm getting up at 5 a.m. and going to the store to get a SALES paper, so I get all the ads. I LOOK forward to this all year. Since moving here a year ago I NOW have my 2 granddaughters 16-14, and my step daughter going. They've NEVER been before. Oh I've corrupted them.... So excited. I live 1 hr 15 min away from the mall but who cares, it's worth it. It's tradition... TJ

NO WAY, NO HOW! I do 90% of my shopping online....one trip to the mall (an hour away) and one trip to Meijers (45 mins away) is the only Christmas shopping I do and I will wait until 2nd week in Dec. for that. I can't stand crowds! I'd rather pay extra than be around all the hupla and bustle!

I went twice, and NEVER again. I hate shopping in crowds! My hubby is going with our daughter, so I will just make him a list, and what he gets...he gets, and if he dont get anything, that is fine too. I think everyone should experience shopping at least once in there lives the day after thanksgiving, and bright and early
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
Besides, our stores have already had alot of great buys this year, and I am SOOOOOO done with x-mas shopping! DONE..(I really need to keep telling myself that word
default_laugh.png
)

Nope not here, I hate crowds and especially when they are pushing and shoving at any one. I plan on sleeping in late, then going out and taking care of the horses and spend time outside with them. I work and hubby usually takes care of them in the am, when I do go out it is usually in a rush in the mornings, I'm off on Friday so I plan on enjoying myself.

we have a Keurig machine at work and we all LOVE it. Be sure to get the little reusable cup though--the individual cups get pricey. It is great at work where we all like different teas/coffees...it keeps us all happy.

As for shopping...this is the first year I have been off of Black Friday...I think I am going to sit here at eat leftovers and leave the crowds alone. I may run out a bit later today...but may not. I HATE crowds.

Latest posts

Back