Who else has mares that are due to

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
webcolors.jpg

My few spot mare "Colors" is due in April to my blanket appy stallion I sold recently, Justin.

frankamanda1107.jpg

Amanda is my new Shetland due in May to a blue roan (going grey) Shetland stallion.

Tammie

I have one mare due in the end of March - my sweet little Poppy who has had 2 beautiful foals already.
default_yes.gif

Liz R.

I am pacing already and I still have awhile to wait!! But, I am so excited to have two foals on their way this year from my handsome stallion, Redrock Lots O Spots. Lotso was 2006 PtHA Reserve World Champ in his halter class and AMHA World Top Ten in Color. He is so awesome! I would post his photo here but so far I havent had any luck getting photos to load on my posts ( HELP!!) This will be Lotso's first foals so.....how exciting can that be!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Mares in foal to my Lotso: Brewers Summer Star Supreme (May 3) and Onekas Commanders Star Lite (April 17).

These are 340 days gestation- sounds like many of you predict at 320! Should I be thinking sooner???
default_unsure.png

Peggy

These are 340 days gestation- sounds like many of you predict at 320! Should I be thinking sooner???
In my experience - yes!
default_smile.png
Some of course go long, I've had a handful of mini mares go past 330 days but most seem to be a bit on the early side as compared to the big mares I've bred. I have one who has never gone past about 315, usually 310, and I'd say my average is somewhere around 320-325.

We have 5 mares due this year, the first possibly as early as late February. She didn't get ultrasounded until later in the year and I only have first breeding date to go on as she is out with the stallion all year.

The rest are due, three in April and one in May.

Wild Oaks Dream N Color will be my first Painted Echo daughter bred to Affirmed Royalty, something I've wanted to do for several years. We are also expecting a full sibling to Color.

I have a young mare by Reeces Thunder Hawk due for her first foal, bred to Painted Echo, and we have two outside breedings this year that I'm excited about - a wonderful black mare in foal to Nutts Evening Shade for what will be my future driving horse
default_yes.gif
and SCF Peppys Blue Bonanza who is a World Champion producer, in foal to Marystown Dakota Supreme.

Enjoying my sleep now because it won't be long.....LOL.

Jan

Yes Peggy! When your mares are 270 days be paying close attention to them for any udder development. Most of our mares foal between 300 and 320 days and we have had them foal as early as 291.

Actually, I start checking udders every other day or so when they reach 200 days so that I might catch a placentitis early if it rears it's ugly head.

Charlotte

p.s. forgot to mention...when you are checking udders and notice the very start of filling it is 'usually' around 30 days to foaling.

Last edited by a moderator:
One mare, due around April 21st, which would put her at 325 days. Her 07 colt was born on day 325 so that will give me something to plan around. Good advice about checking for a premature bag and placentitis as I had not really known about that to be honest and I sure want to be on top of things and do all I can if intervention is needed! :DOH!

I am expecting 2 Foals this year

1 is Due on April 7th (the Mares Birthdate how cool is that?!?!?) and the cross is between a Sorrel (ee/aa) Pinto Homozygous for Tobiano (TT) and a Cremello (ee/Aa) so the Foal Will be a Palomino Pinto!

I'm getting excited, too!

Our first foal sired by Charlie:

- Star Struck Hersheys Sweet and Sinful due beginning of Feb.

Then we have in foal to Red Alert:

- Cross Country Just Call Me Darlin due end of Feb.

- Cross Country Ima Jewel due early Mar.

- Martin's Mardi's Bonnie Belle - ?? not sure if she took or not, but if so will be due in June

In foal to Jennifer's gorgeous boy, Geshan:

- Martin's Mardi Gras Sunset due end of Mar.

I am pacing already and I still have awhile to wait!! But, I am so excited to have two foals on their way this year from my handsome stallion, Redrock Lots O Spots. Lotso was 2006 PtHA Reserve World Champ in his halter class and AMHA World Top Ten in Color. He is so awesome! I would post his photo here but so far I havent had any luck getting photos to load on my posts ( HELP!!) This will be Lotso's first foals so.....how exciting can that be!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Mares in foal to my Lotso: Brewers Summer Star Supreme (May 3) and Onekas Commanders Star Lite (April 17).

default_unsure.png

Peggy
dsc04163-thumb.jpg

Redrock Lots O Spots

Hope this works, sometimes I can do it!

Thank you, Nancy, for posting my Lots O Spots! I just have to learn how to post- haven't had any luck with photos yet, so I will keep practicing!

And, I am bumping up my mare's due dates! Yipee!!! Thanks for the advice.

How do you check for placentitis?

Peggy

Well I sat down last night and did all of my due dates... OMG..... My foaling manager is going to be busy.

We have 5 due this year.

Sundance Lb Silk Stockings bred to Sundance Lb Extreme Dream of THR due March 2

Establo Azalia bred to ERL Rebels Just Cause is due March 22

Establo Parada bred to BHR Geshan due April 5

7 Lakes Bay Breeze bred to Oakbay Salsamio due April 9

Southwinds Forever Yours bred to Establo Picasso due May 27

Other mares on the foal watch bred to our stallions

Chloe bred to Sundance LB Extreme Dream of THR due March 14

Sundance LB Lucious bred to Establo Tabasco due June 5

Easterbrooks Manana Gloriosa bred to Establo Tabasco due June 15

We are so excited about these upcoming foals. This will be our second year reaping the harvest of our breeding program. Our first year was very exciting and our foals really outdid our expectations, taking multiple Top Tens AMHR Nationals.

All the foals were sold and will be out there again as yearlings, proving what we had hoped for. Outstanding individuals producing outstanding individuals......

Sorry, just very excited. It has been a long time in the making.

My one and only mare is due for my first ever mini foal by a Boones Little Andy son for mid March! I can hardly wait!!
default_wink.png
Bring on the mare stare!!!!!!
I've also got my very first mini foal due mid March. She not a maiden, but I am, and it's my stallions first foal too, so we are very excited. Maybe we should be mini- penpals through this.

weerunner

Utopia Stables, Nova Scotia, Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
OUR VERY FIRST HOME BRED BABY!!!!!!!! is due hopefully in April!!!! I can't wait!!! Maranatha's Daily Manna x Maranatha's Tearin' Down The Walls.

Latest posts

Back