Who can advise me a stallion for a Black Sabino mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epona Stable Belgium

Reaction score
I will have my Black Sabino mare in a few months...

Now I was looking for the right stallion for her, she is bred to a bay pinto but she gave a black Sabino colt last year, with a palomino stallion she gave a bay filly...

I think I will try with a Perlino stallion, Cremello or Black Pinto...

who has some advise for her?

Her Sire is Magic mans of LTD, Her Dam Orions Little bear (bay mare)... maybe someone can help me playing color coat calculator
default_biggrin.png

Thank's for letting me post this questions
default_saludando.gif

I have found that breeding sabino mares to tobiano stallions seems to bring out the most color. I would breed her to a black pinto
default_smile.png

Hi,

If your sabino mare is LWO negative, I would breed her to a LWO positive stallion. I bred my black sabino mare to a minimally marked frame overo stallion and got a wildly patterned black frame overo colt two weeks ago!
default_smile.png

I agree with Becky. Some of the loudest colored overos carry both sabino and frame genes. Have your mare tested for LWO, and if she's negative, find a LWO stallion to breed her to. A black one, if possible, or a bay.

Good luck!

Pat

I bred my black sabino mare to my bay tobiano pinto(in avatar) and she had this bay boy...

GraciesBoyboy3-13-08088.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmm nice combination with a great foal!!

I just hope she will give a colored baby with a bay pinto stallion...

Let's hope...

Thank's for posting all your answers
default_aktion033.gif

The sabino gene is an exciting one as it adds pizzazz to whatevery you breed to. It makes tobianos have more jazzy markings and adds to the lwo horses as well. One of the more striking things it does is often add color around the eyes. Like you see in this photo of one of our stallions. Eyeliner is common with this gene as are patches of color around the eyes.

topcat3.jpg

Back