Who braved the stores late last night or this morning?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Lisa~

Reaction score
Raven and I went out yesterday afternoon and again this morning. It was crowded although we did not go to our big mall here in town.

We did ok didnt see any great prices but some decent sales- we didnt need much just a couple more things and now we are totally done with Christmas shopping so that is a nice feeling.

I was a bit surprised at how many places were open yesterday but the employees we talked to were all really glad for the chance to work and get some "extra" pay for working the holiday. Cant say I disagree with them if I worked in retail I would be begging for those days :)

Anyone get any great bargins?

I did! Last night I went to Kmart(nothing good that I needed or wanted on sale, my mother in law wanted to go so I went too. And hubby and I got to Meijers at 4:30 this morning for Lego Star Wars sales! Any time you can find them on sale it's worth going!!! That was just the beginning of my shopping though, I still have everyone else to shop for. But hey at least my son is done!!!
default_wink.png

I did, even though I swore I'd never do it since I worked at TRU for 5 years/6 Christmas seasons.
default_smile.png
Walmart was honoring ALL adds from any other store, so we got things we wanted from a few stores, all at one shop. My husband and I picked up my mom at 4 so she could get in line for the 5am cheapo laptop at Walmart, only to find out they gave out wrist bands starting at MIDNIGHT! If you weren't sleeping in the dog food aisle starting at midnight, you didn't get a wristband, and didn't get a computer. I'm not sure I understand waiting until 5am to hand out the product, if you basically SOLD it at midnight!! People actually came in at 7-8pm and slept at the store!! (It's a 24 hour store) People were bringing them Burger King for breakfast. That's a little more than I want to do.
default_smile.png

I hate crowds, swore I wouldn't ever shop on black Friday but I forgot my cell phone at work so had to go to town. One of the beading stores is going out of business and had extra markdowns until noon, so I did stop there and got some great deals, then got my phone and went to work out. I did stop on the way home for my Christmas cards and a sweater at Goodwill for $3.00. Last of the big shoppers.

I went shopping today....my first 'Black Friday' shopping EVER (actually the first time I've been this side of the border on 'Black Friday'). It was busy...we were in a mall, but it was more the 'Christmas Shopping' crowded that I'm used to back home....no big deals that I saw either....got some stuff at Bath and Body Works...only because I had a coupon, and because I have yet to walk into that store, and not walk out without something!
default_biggrin.png

Now, I will add that we weren't shopping until after lunch, and there was quite a bit of security in the mall we were in....

~kathryn

We did. Not really that much of a deal. Got a few kitchen things for $3. Got some reduced price pjs for Emma. The other stuff we got was normal priced but came with a $50 gift card. It was stuff we planed to get anyway, but was a nice extra to get the gift card. I also wanted the wii fit, got that for $67 instead of $99.

Pretty much done shopping, just have to get one more thing for my son and then my neice to shop for.

I did go to town today, but its a very small town, so no big Black Friday sales with a big crowd waiting for a special deal. I did manage to get a Christmas present for my sister and her husband for about 1/3 off, so that was a good deal.

No thank you!

I don't even go to the grocery store before midnight, so there's no way I'd evergo anywhere near any store on black Friday! Just hearing about it on the news makes me rather nauseous, so I stayed here and worked.

Next they'll have black Christmas -- with sale prices for next year's Christmas.

This year was actually one of the very few years I have NOT gone shopping on Black Friday...I wanted to, but since Deb and I are a "one vehicle family" right now and she needs the vehicle for work, I wasn't able to get there. I was OK with that, tho...I shopped online...for 1 thing...LOL! A friend of mine from Facebook had posted about it a few weeks ago and I really wanted one, so I got it online on sale with free shipping...and didnt even have to shower or get out of my jammies or anything!
default_laugh.png
default_aktion033.gif

Here is what I bought:

Wagon

For taking to the shows!!
default_yes.gif

So I was pretty happy with my "Black Friday" shopping...lol

Oh how cool Linda if I was showing more you can bet I would have gotten one as well

Now Linda's style of Black Friday shopping is something I can handle!

After last night's foiled terrorist bombing at Portland's Pioneeer Square Christmas tree lighting, I suppose my aversion to crowds is a good thing. Funny thing is, fear of terrorists would never keep me home, but crowdss of people will!

Last edited by a moderator:
Camped out at walmart (got there at 8pm) and got the 42" flat panel TV for $340 (I get a discount because hubby works there), two small crock pots for $2 each, remote control car, barbies, an HDMI cable, two wireless printers for $25 each...

Yea, im a little nuts

I did!

I am currently so broke due to essentially losing my job (I'm a waitress on a golf course and the season has ended)

I got to Kohls at 3 am. My boyfriend and I are going to redecorate his familys bathroom, so every member got 2 towels which only was roughly $12. I bought several jewelry items for $15 and under normally priced at $50 per. The best deal I got was a reversible down comforter normally priced at $110 for only $25.

Then went to Bath and Body Works at 6am to get their deals. They had a buy 3 get 3 deal, so I bought a total of 7 lotions. Their biggest deal was if you bought $40 worth of merchandise, you got their VIP bag for only $20 and it normally is $120. After I bought everything, I looked at the receipt and it turns out they didn't charge for the the VIP bag. I was so lucky because with this deal I was able to get many more presents for the ones I love on a budget.

Back