Which one would you choose?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozymandias

Reaction score
Obviously we're all animal lovers here. If you could have one type of animal to share your life with that you wouldn't normally have what would you choose? Forget cost of feeding specialized diets, cages, fences, permits etc...this is your fantasy pet - and this one loves you so you wouldn't get eaten alive ;) (okay...unicorns don't count lol) Try to just pick one ( I know it's hard lol)

I think I'd have to pick a platypus
default_smile.png
and I'd remodel my living room so there was a big natural looking pool right in the center so when we watch TV in the evenings our platys could go swimming
default_wub.png

baby-platypus-500x379.jpg

They are so cute! I have to say I have always thought pygmy marmosets and capuchins were adoreable.

They are CUTE!! Made me smile looking at them..

I just love cuddling with my little Pomeranian - Teddy Bear
Oh aren't they...reminds you not to take life so seriously lol

You're a lucky lady. You already have your dream pet
default_smile.png
Got a picture?

They are so cute! I have to say I have always thought pygmy marmosets and capuchins were adoreable.
Oh my gosh !!! I had no idea they were so small !!!!
default_wub.png
You could get 10 and wear them as rings lol

baby-pygmy-marmosets.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Little monkeys are cute too!

This pic of Teddy Bear is a few years old but he is just about the same.. perhaps a bit more fluffy.. he is only 6.5 lbs.
Oh I LOVE his face mask. He looks like a little Arctic fox
default_smile.png

Oh my gosh !!! I had no idea they were so small !!!!
default_wub.png
You could get 10 and wear them as rings lol

baby-pygmy-marmosets.jpg
Speaking of rings, I remember seeing these little gems in the Philly Zoo, of course they are kept in a glass enclosure, bars wouldn't hold these guys. They came right up to the glass and were bobbing and weaving and following my movements. They liked the shiney ring and watch I had. I took them off and dangled them across the front of the enclosure and they followed them like a cat with string. I bet they are like ferrits, hoarding little treasures under beds and in closets (had a ferrit when I was younger, would steel any jewely she could get ahold of).

Cute factor A+ is right! Can you imagine those little monkeys...you could have an entire tribe (or whatever monkey groups are called) and grow a nice indoor tree in a pot where they could live
default_smile.png

ML...I've designed it already lol...I don't want the pool this rectangular it needs to be more naturalized with shape to it but I do think they'd have fun on the slide...maybe I can teach them to go "weeeeee" like that little piggy on the Geico ads
default_smile.png

creative-master-pools-495x327.jpg

Not sure where the TV would go!

I saw someone in the vet's office the other day with a teeny, tiny hedgehog sticking out of their pocket. It was so adorable. For one moment, I thought it would be wonderful to have one. Gee, I love the platypus and the mini wallabee idea too but for now I'll stick with my beloved horses and dogs, ornery roosters, beautiful peacocks and messy geese.

Well actually, we used to have peacocks, even still to this day have a copala in the barn, but alas, the property was sold next to us, and someone put out mouse/rat posion. So now no more peacocks.

If I could have an expensive habitate built, inside of course, I'd love to have otters! They are so playful! I could watch them all day!

Oh, and the little tiny monkeys are way too cute!

It must be a girlie thing because so far everyone who responded is female and chose cute pets. I'm on another MB totally overrun by guys and someone asked a similar question a few months back...all of them, without exception, wanted lions and tigers and wolves and sharks and poisonous snakes etc. All the manly munch on yer bones type of critters lol.

A Koala Bear.
default_thumbup.gif
Me, too.

Like the tiny little "monkey" too.

Not so exotic, but since hubby says no: I'd like a mini donkey (well he might say yes to this), an alpaca and maybe a couple cute little goats.

I have mini donkeys and they are cute!

2011sept17thfallday 032-1.JPG

I recently had a close encounter with a bear and it wasn't so cute but now a moose... If one happens to wander by I'd love to have it stay awhile. No snakes though. And Ozy, I want your pool for me!!!!! I'd love to swim with otters and dolphins.

I have mini donkeys and they are cute!

View attachment 11040

I recently had a close encounter with a bear and it wasn't so cute but now a moose... If one happens to wander by I'd love to have it stay awhile. No snakes though. And Ozy, I want your pool for me!!!!! I'd love to swim with otters and dolphins.
You want a Moose ...that's cool !!!! Oh yeah, make it saltwater and put dolphins in it
default_wub.png

If all the logistics were a non issue, I'd love to have elephants. I love how smart they are, and how emotional. My all time favorite wild animals.

Picture-mother-baby-elephant-5.jpg

OMG !!! Now THAT's a cute baby. There's a refuge for these little babies after their momma's get killed for their ivory. It takes them a very long time to get over it. They are unbelievably social.

As a side note though...when I worked at the zoo as a volunteer I noticed the elephant keepers had a smell about them that you'd never forget...an Elly in musk is not a very delightful fragrance (unless you're Mrs. Nelly I guess lol)

Back