Whew!! All done with foaling...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean_B

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Talk about an EASY year!! Every single one of my babies were born totally unassisted. 7 pregnant mares...7 healthy and SASSY babies!

Here is Dusty Lane GMB Constellation:

con3.jpg

Given that name because he has a huge star, and his dam goes back to Orion. Tessie presented me with her new boy when I got home from work one afternoon. Yes, she actually brought him up to me as if to say, "See what I did while you were gone?"

And here is Dusty Lane Tributes Sweet Java:

java4.jpg

I had her mother, Bit O Honey, out in the paddock with Tessie while I was in the house getting some lunch. Heard one of the stallions yelling so went out there and this little girl was just getting to her feet.

Here is Dusty Lane Vegas Image Of Elvis:

elvis4.jpg

His dam, Twilights Image In Motion, was in the barn, wearing a Breeder Alert, but she foaled standing up so I never woke up!! Talk about easy!

Next up were 2 that were born out in the woods while I was at work....and I had to go out and find the little suckers that were hiding in the trees with their mommas. So here I am, a northerner in 96 degree temps, carrying foals half way across the county, with a gimpy knee. Ran the hose over myself to cool off, and went back for the 2nd one.

Here's one of those in hiding--Dusty Lane GMB Free To Be Me

freebee3.jpg

I think this guy will be staying here for a future herdsire.

And another one from out in the woods--Dusty Lane Vegas Double Your Luck:

lucky06a.jpg

She is sired by old Vegas, and her dam is Showgirl, a Vegas daughter. I figured I would either get a two-headed monster, or something totally awesome. I'm so glad it was the latter!

And the final icing on the cake...these 2 were born on my birthday--one early in the AM...a maiden mare that didn't give me much sign that foaling was imminent, and the other was another maiden that had her foal while I was out for dinner with a friend! Happy Birthday to me!! Happy Birthday to me!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Present number 1--Dusty Lane Tributes Ballerina:

ballerina3.jpg

Named Ballerina because she definitely has a dancer's legs.

Present number 2--Dusty Lane Tributes Flipper:

flipper1.jpg

OK - I don't know why I picked that name, other than the fact that his dam is Frills, and his name starts with an F -- and I kinda like it.

And now I can get some GOOD sleep...the last foal will be born up at Lucky Hart because that's where Red Bird is....waiting for her "George" baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations. Glad to hear they all arrived safe & sound, and they're all lovely looking babies too.

I especially like the bay colt, Image of Elvis--very nice!

Congratulations!!! They are all precious and beautiful!!

I love that little Ballerina...she is take your breath away gorgeous!

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations! Jean you should see the filly from Flame that Cheryl got!!! Woo hoo. So glad your babies all arrived safe and sound. I like the Balarina filly the best.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Congrats on such an easy (an lucky!) foaling year for you!! :aktion033: They are all very nice!!
default_wub.png
:

Ballerina is my favorite...will she grey like her dam?? (I had a gorgeous black pinto colt born her one year, but he turned grey...*sigh*...still gorgeous boy, tho
default_wink.png
: )

Nice foals! Congrats......glad everything went well and yep, that sure was an easy foaling season for you.

I sure do like Flipper (I think its a cute name) & Double Your Luck! WOW :aktion033:

Talk about an EASY year!! Every single one of my babies were born totally unassisted. 7 pregnant mares...7 healthy and SASSY babies!

And another one from out in the woods--Dusty Lane Vegas Double Your Luck:

lucky06a.jpg

She is sired by old Vegas, and her dam is Showgirl, a Vegas daughter. I figured I would either get a two-headed monster, or something totally awesome. I'm so glad it was the latter!

Present number 1--Dusty Lane Tributes Ballerina:

ballerina3.jpg

Named Ballerina because she definitely has a dancer's legs.
I like them all, but these two are my favorites. Since I have a Vegas granddaughter, I'm a little partial to him.
default_wink.png
: And, Ballerina is just a little doll.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Congratulations on all of them.

Now you can sit and watch them grow, the most fun there can be.

All are lookers but that double Vegas girl is great and nothing beats the sweetness of little Flipper.

Hey Jean, the pinto filly is really nice. Is she out of Brig's sister?

Congratulations - you certainly are one of the lucky ones this year. Glad all went well with every one of your mares. Could you please send the good luck fairy to my farm - I really need it after our start!!!!

Beautiful foals!!!

What a beautiful foal crop! I think that Vegas daughter/granddaughter and Ballerina are my favorites too.

:aktion033: YAY Jean! Sounds like you had an easy year for sure. LOVE that double Vegas baby and can't wait to see what Red Bird has for you. That should be a definite looker!!!

Latest posts

Back