Where is the best place to live to raise horses?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeeGee

Reaction score
I have been living in Wisconsin for the last two years and this winter has been incredibly long! Aside from the winter, I like Wisconsin; there is pasture, land is relatively affordable, it is quiet and pretty. However this winter has been difficult....is there a better place to raise my horses? Affordable and enjoyable?

Ohio really is not to bad, although if i ever moved i would look at where the shows are and how competitive those area's are and how far away shows are on average. If i was not living here in Ohio, i would probably move to Area 5 somewhere or the NC region. Here in Ohio, average drive to each show is 2-3 hours and the costs of keeping horses is VERY reasonable. Weather is iffy, cold winters...wet springs...decent summer/springs...i don't mind it really.

A farm here in Ohio, i actually bought some horses at their dispersal, moved to WV and had to disperse all of their horses due to the high increase to keep them in WV.

I'm staying at a friends house down near near here in Branson, Mo. They live in Omaha, AR. and I live in Lebanon, Mo. We both get snow, us more then them, but I do like it here because they're a little bit warmer and it's pretty. Plus, they have nice shopping too. Springfield, Mo where I know a few Mini people live like it there as well it's more populated. It just depends what your looking for. Omaha, Lebanon, and Springfiield all are about 2-3 hrs from shows depending where they're held at. I live about an hour ten minutes from Springfield and 2 hrs from Omaha.

Here is a link to our horse club to show you were our shows are at. Good luck to you. TJ

http://www.showmelittleequineclub.com/

Ceegee - yes this winter has been long and hard! I am from across the border in MN and I have said if I had the money I would move the whole family (which is 3 families) to a warmer climate. But without tornadoes and hurricanes please!

I hate winter, so I live in Texas. I am a summer person, so the heat in July/August doesn't relly bother me. I am 1 hr east of Dallas. Land prices are reasonable, horse shows are close.

Latest posts

Back