Where do I begin?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallynoeBaby

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have just joined this so if there are any mistakes please forgive me. Anyway I have only started showing my miniature this year and i only got her a year ago so i am a full beginner. Where do i go? What do i do? I have so many questions and the problem is i don't know where to get the answers. I have found another person who shows her miniatures and she has been great but i don't want to have to keep pestering her every time i have a problem. Is there any good books or anything? Please help

Where are you located?? Find out if there are any clubs in your area-- If so - join-- good place to meet other people & learn a lot. Go to shows, watch what the others are doing-- ask if anyone gives lessons.

When we started to show, we paid $50.00 for a half hour lesson to learn how to stand up our horse. Learned grooming tips as we went along. Try & try again. Practice, Practice & HAVE FUN!!

Go to some shows & watch. Ask the exhibitors when they are not busy - Some of them will answer you................ If you have any county fairs in your area - practice there. Here in Ky we have a dozen or more where newbies can learn.......... Yes- join a club - we belong to two & we do have clinics. Also some club members will help you. Best of luck........................ Added - I guess you cannot get help from the seller? ....... Lee & I have always helped the buyers when we could - makes for a happier buyer & happier horse.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

There's a lot of information here and the answers aren't always black and white or right and wrong, but a matter of preference and your own personal feelings (as in whether to clip or not to clip, how close, etc.).

You can get a lot of opinions and reasons here, also much experience to be drawn upon here.

I've been showing since 1997, and feel like I have a LOT to learn, even at this point. I am still an Amateur, though, and I enjoy almost every aspect of showing!
default_smile.png

Nice to see you here and looking forward to seeing if we can help you feel more comfortable and pick some directions!

Liz M.

Also -------- Could you volunteer some work in exchange for help from the person you know?----Oh & welcome aboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
YOULL BE FINE!!!!!!! EVERYBODY HEAS TO START SOMWHERE
default_yes.gif
: YOUVE A BEAUTIFUL WEE HORSE GET OUT THERE AND HAVE FUN!!!!!! YOUVE CAME TO THE BEST PLACE POSSIBLE, THIS IS WERE FRIENDS MEET ,YOUVE MADE THE FIRST STEP SO KEEP WALKING!! :bgrin IF YOUVE ANY QUESTIONS ,YOU WILL GET THE BEST ANSWERS HERE,THIS PLACE IS BETTER THAN ANY BOOK! SO ASK AWAY
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Thank you all for the support. I don't really know if there are any classes to teach me how to show, in my area but a good point is that there are some lovely people who seem so nice that they would even show the pony for me if i asked lol she knows who im talking about, thanks Shane. I am so happy to hear that there is help if i need it and if there is anything i could do i shall be here to help.

Thank you so much. :saludando:

:saludando: Hello and welcome from the Straits area of Northern Michigan USA! Glad to meet you! Listen here, don't you ever be shy to ask all the question you need to, right here on here right now:)

This is the place to be.And as for the other mini person in Eire, I'm sure it's not a problem at all..horse people LOVE to share :bgrin AND any REAL horse person loves to educate so you pester all you need to until you meet more people around your area to pester.

Before you know it you will know more and someone will come along who is new and will be the one asking YOU the questions
default_wink.png
:

So again welcome and continue to have a great time with your horse.

Sincerely,

Maxine

Latest posts

Back