Where can I find good hay in Missouri?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walkoffaith

Reaction score
I do have about 30 bales right now but it is brown and not very good quality. Does anyone know where I can get some good green fescue free hay, best quaility/ type possibble? I live in Cuba, Missouri, which is about 80 miles west of St. Louis? Thank you.

:eek: Oops forgot to add I am also looking for a good trustworthy trainer in my area. Thank you again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you willing to pick up or are you looking for someone to deliver. My hay man is in central Mo. If you're willing to pick it up, you can e-mail or PM me and I'll give you his name and number.

Hey!

You are right down the road from me! I know it is a drive but I get mine in Washinton MO! it is called reeds canary grass hay my breed mares do great on it and it is green and big bales! $5 a bale!

Wow, I didn't realize we had so many breeders in Missouri! We're in south central, and both our boys live in Rogersville! We get our hay in West Plains. I know that's probably too far for you, but he has the big 8x8x3 bales of super good Bermuda. A bale lasts us about a month for 13 minis! They don't waste a bit of it! When we first started buying it about 3 years ago, it was $45 a bale. Now it's up to $75! :eek:

Melba

[SIZE=14pt] I get mine from a friend in Dora MO... I got 80 bales from the first cutting this year. I also get round bales from the neighboring farms. It is EXTREMLY dry here and we didnt get a second cutting anywhere.[/SIZE]

April

Latest posts

Back