When are you expecting your first foals?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
After losing our one and only foal expected for 2010, we immediately began planning for 2011 foals. So out came the mare supplements, out came the stallion from the pasture, out came the other three mares from their pasture and so the planning began! The filly that we lost was my main herd sire's firstborn foal and after seeing the quality he threw with my mare - I knew I wanted to not only repeat that same breeding for better results in 2011, but I also bred him to my two other mares as well in hopes of the same quality! I have since then purchased a beautiful black splash overo mare who foaled a beautiful bay frame overo colt back in April and was re-bred to the same colt's sire for 60 days pasture breeding for a 2011 foal as well.

According to calculations, I am bringing my girls into the foaling barn coming January 1st in hopes that come their 290 day due date at February 8th they will be settled and happy. I'm crossing my fingers that with my new mare barn, new foaling cameras, new "Mare Stare" program up & running & my newlywed hubby to help me watch - we will have better outcomes for 2011 with the same or better quality that we saw in 2010. We know from experience things can happen, but we are doing our best to improve the odds.

I am anxious to get these babies on the ground and happy & healthy. So I am excited to hear, when are your foals due?

Last edited by a moderator:
No foals here, but we are expecting a 2 legged baby around the same time as your mares are due.
default_laugh.png

I am going to have a LONG foaling season next year. But I dont care at all because the foals will be Spirit's foals.
default_smile.png

Foaling will start in April with 7 mares due...

April 17, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27, & 29. Yes, 7 mares due every other day. Aggghhhh!!!

Then I will have one due May 14 (unsure if she is bred)

Then 3 more due on June 5, 19, and 21. (believe 2 of these mares are actually open)

One mare who if she just settled will be due July 27th.

And then one mare that I am going to be breeding next month and hoping for an august 2011 foal.

ALSO, I have 2 mares who are due in Spring to outside stallions. Not sure of their exact due dates. With my luck they will be due the same time as the April mares. LOL

This is ALOT of mares due for me. This past year I only had 3 foals. And I doubt that I will be breeding for this many for 2012.

I bred three. Hope they're all in foal!! Nobody has seemed to come back in season since last breeding so we'll see! End of Feb will be the first. Then early April and the last should be mid-May.
default_smile.png
Hope everyone has a wonderful foaling season next year!

May 20th is the 330 day mark for my one and only. Seems so far away...

As usual for us we are expecting one foal next year, 330 days is April 3. I am very excited! This will be the first foal for our stallion Pacific Masquerade and will be out of our beautiful mare Buck Ons Bad Girl. As far as I know all of Trouble's foals have been show quality AND dun, hoping for that to continue
default_wub.png

Masq_Lsidestandbest_6_5_10.jpg

Trouble_colt_mama_5_1_09.jpg

Like Southern Charm we lost our only 2010 foal and sadly we lost our beloved mare as well so foaling season will be a mix of excitement and worry, as it is for all of you too.

Best of luck to everyone! I love seeing everyone's new little ones on the forum.

Can you believe I bred on the first heat of the season, first breeding ever for the stallion....and both mares got in foal?! I was planning to have to breed twice (two cycles), so the first heat was just for training, LOL, jokes on me! My first two mares are due Feb/Mar which is much earlier than I prefer, I like mare stare with no chance of snow! My third mare is due Mar/Apr.

I'm super excited about them all, you can see photos on the foals page of my website.

Yay! I actually get to say this year I am expecting a foal! It has been almost 7 yrs since I have had a foal on the ground! We are expecting one foal in approx. mid-March! Our new red roan mare, Dream is bred to a palomino stallion, Flyte (both previously owned by Leeana Hackworth) I am excited for this baby as I think it will be a nice cross!
default_wub.png

We bred 4 mares for next year, 3 to Doc (Oak Parks Oh Im Awesome) and one to my junior stallion Royal (LCA's More Bang For Your Buck).. Haven't confirmed any in foal yet, but planning to do so soon and haven't seen any in heat since the last they were bred, so fingers are crossed!

Copper, Daisy and Tango are all exposed to Doc:

24967_379340284612_224524494612_3802722_758704_n.jpg

Blondie is exposed to Royal:

31749_389139319612_224524494612_4021351_7760700_n.jpg

First mare due will be Carriage Hills Copper ("Copper"), AMHA/AMHR silver bay roan, in foal to Oak Parks Oh Im Awesome.. Her 330 due date is May 20th.. I am sooo anxious to see this baby! got my fingers crossed for a blue roan pinto filly
default_wink.png

22043_225958589612_224524494612_3125287_6463312_n.jpg

Second mare due should be LBFS Dancing Legs ("Tango"), AMHA/AMHR black tobiano/splash, in foal to Oak Parks Oh Im Awesome.. Her 330 due date is May 29th.. This will be a repeat cross of this year's black pinto colt "Max"

27949_394711439612_224524494612_4166362_6228821_n.jpg

This will be a repeat cross of this year's black pinto colt "Max"

Third should be Hillview's Little Buttercup ("Blondie"), AMHR palomino, in foal to LCA's More Bang For Your Buck.. Will be Royal's first foal ever and Blondie's first for us. Her 330 due date will be June 9th

22043_225977339612_224524494612_3125334_4675855_n.jpg

and wrapping up the foaling season should be Luck's Little Black Daisy, AMHR black bay in foal to Oak Parks Oh Im Awesome. Her 330 due date is June 17th

30849_396466359612_224524494612_4216600_3019477_n.jpg

This will be a repeat cross of her 2010 bay pinto colt "Teddy"

We are expecting about seventeen foals next year
default_new_shocked.gif
My earliest will be due late March, and the last will be about mid July. Most due in April and May however. 2011 will be the second crop for my buckskin leopard stallion, and I was very pleased with his first two foals this year so Im anxious to see what he gives me. It will be the first foals for my frame/splash stallion and cremello Buckeroo son-Im really excited to see what each of them do for me! I have a few maiden mares but quite a few experienced mares so it will be an exciting foaling season! Im so happy I got a Breeder Alert system this year, and Im planning to get a camera system before foaling season so no more trips to the barn for the mare who likes to sleep flat out while hugely pregnant
default_biggrin.png
Cant wait to see everyones foals next year!

We had two foals this year both of which I am thrilled with. But only bred one mare for next year.

Ravenwood Medalions Moments To Love - Res World Champion is in for for late Feb/early March

aks_miniatures007015.jpg

To our stallion, RHA Mercury Rising - World Champion for a first foal for both. We are very excited.

mercuryadsm.jpg

Latest posts

Back