Whats your most...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel_cowgirl

Reaction score
Apoligies if this or versions of it have been done before, I must have missed it.

But what is your most cherished show win with the miniatures? Photos welcome if you wish. Could be you, kids, grandkids, etc. Just curious because I always love when I go to websites and can read about wins, especially youth and amateur stuff - dont know why, just do.

Mine's really hard to say. I've enjoyed so many momments. Mine really would have to be a toss up between:

1999, AMHA Central Regionals, showing Copper - my gelding - in a big Youth Halter Obstacle class and winning it! I totally thought Copper had screwed up because he was kind of frisky that day and I was looking ahead as we went through the course and not at him really and it felt like he jumped the cavelettes instead of trotting through them. So, I stood in the line-up waiting for everyone to get their award so I could just leave I was frustrated because he and I were REALLY loving halter obstacle. And low and behold he won it. I later found out that he did trot through the poles (obviously) but he did it with such high beautiful steps like a park horse - which is probably what I felt. Its cherished because it was a big class and I had taught him to do halter obstacle by myself in a very short time frame and he just took to it like a pro.

The other, 2000, AMHR Nationals, showing a yearling filly we called Callie. That was the first and only time I've ever shown at R nationals. We went in a big Youth mares class and won Reserve, and we almost didn't make it into the class because had the horse and forgot the number. So I was kinda frazzled so to make it through the class and do well was awesome. Moreover, it was special because this was a horse that had been TERRIFIED of everything and when we brought her in for training early in the year you just couldn't hardly do anything with her. I was the one who worked with her all year and trained her for halter and by nationals she was very friendly.

Sorry my story is kind of long.
default_wub.png
: Now what's yours? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
My most cherished win was last summer at the Virginia Miniature Horse Club's summer show. This is hardly the biggest show my horses have gone to, and will go to, but it was the first show where all the feeding, conditioning, grooming, trailering and beforehand training was done exclusively by Harvey and myself. We had recently cut ties horse-wise with our former local trainer and I know (KNOW) there's been a lot of hard feelings and a lot of gossip behind my back about just what kind of horses we have (when she first saw my "new" horses, she said "well, they don't look too bad...").

We had our horses (DunIT, Bacardi and Sunny) looking SO good. They were groomed as well as I knew how but looking back, I needed to take the muzzle razoring higher but they were shiny and toned and behaved great. We unloaded them, all in matching purple slinkies, show sheets, halters and leads and went past the horses my former trainer brought -- some of whom were actually wearing some of MY slinkies that they had somehow found though I couldn't when I looked for all my stuff at that barn.

We waited as long as we could to unwrap our purple grapes because I knew certain people were dying to see and had even been told when I checked in at the show booth that they'd been asking if I was coming and what was I showing in! The barn where the stalls were was a pole barn and the stalls were small pipe panel pens. I could count every rib on a certain person's show stallion and none of the horses my old trainer brought looked even slightly toned so before the show started, it was already looking good for our "team".

We showed against my former trainer / her clients in all of our classes and they placed well behind us or not at all in all but one, where they placed just one behind us. WE ended up with 3 firsts, 2 champions and the supreme. I think my former trainer got one 1st in showmanship against some of her clients and their kids (OH to be the former captive competition but now FREE!).

It was just the best. I knew that we set the record straight as to what caliber of horse we have and as to how we handle, feed and care for them. You'd hae to be blind not to see the vast difference in the condition of our horses and those that came from that other barn. If not for knowing what rumors and sour grapes had been spreading, I'd have had none of that kind of competive vengence feeling but I know what was going on and I know we turned a lot of heads. That the judge just also loved our horses was only the icing on the cake really.

THAT was the best show day I've had and I actually think it will remain that way. My horses all have good show records and I think will have more bragging rights in the future, but that little state club show was the one where we put some rumors to rest and that was what made it so sweet. Not that I wouldn't mind our horses shining as bright there again this year, but even if they do, I think this past year was sweet since it was the first time out on our own doing something that we supposedly couldn't do w/o spending $$$$ with the trainer.

When we got home that afternoon, early since we only went for halter, and were unloading our horses, I lead Sunny and Bacardi past the little Nigerian Dwarf Goats we keep and told the goats "make room for the champions" and that was it! No shortage of drama that afternoon and I got all choked up and tears out of my eyes
default_wacko.png
:

And, though this isn't one of our show pictures it is how my guys wait for me when I'm coming up to see them, either to work them, feed them, groom them or just hug them. They always look happy to see their person is on the way.

Left to right: Sunny, Bacardi and DunIT
SUNNY%20BACARDI%20DUNIT%2006232006%20082.jpg

ALSO, every single time Erica's called me from a show to tell me how our boy, Destiny, has done it makes me feel so happy and proud! Erica always does an amazing job with Destiny with so many wins, but what makes me feel even better than the points and ribbons is how happy Erica sounds when she calls. She loves Destiny and is really proud of him as am I. It's just hard to put into words how much it means to share a horse with someone and share the pride and happiness when he does something well. It just adds a lot to the experience to have someone to talk to about him that truly cares!

Mine would have to be in 1999. We had a gelding that went Reserve Grand at the AMHR Nationals. We conditioned and groomed him ourselves and my Father-in-law was still alive. My husband was showing and I was crying. It was great. That same gelding went on to win his driving class at the 2003 AMHR Nationals. Again, my husband was driving and I was crying. This time, though, I was in the picture cause I was the header and I know my Father-In -Law was smiling down on us from above.

My most emotional win..

2005 was my first year showing AMHA.

My first couple of shows were tough... and

Little John's behavior only added to the caos.

I didn't want to show anymore!

Later that summer, at a show in Ohio,

We won a Grand Championship in a

very large, competitive class. Little John was

so good.
default_smile.png
I tried calling home, but kept

getting choaked up..
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Sandy

000524.jpg

Mine would have to be last year, with the same horse. The 1st time I was showing Red in roadster, not sure how he would do, and I only showed in it once before him and I still wasn't exactly sure what I was doing. We were showing in Roadster Stakes, and I knew we were doing great, going super fast and it was at night outside, it was awsome. Last class of the day and it was like almost 11 at night and we had a good hours drive so I went to the trailer to get ready to go home without knowing how I did. Heard over the speaker Red got Grand Champion in Roadster Stakes (1 judge at this show) at the Mardigras in July show. I was so happy with him, after that show I had my friend make some professional looking silks for me.

The 2nd time was at Nationals in the Open Roman Chariot class. It was against 3 others, 2 that have done it in the past and are really good at it and 1 that beat me in Amateur Roman Chariot. Called my name and got Reserve National Champion. I was so happy I couldn't believe it.

JMS REDSKIN WARRIOR

120093REDBACKDROP1.jpg

I will say at Nationals last year.

Jazz and I got 9th in Amateur Jr. Mares.

It wasn't so much the placing, as I was impressed we just made it through the class. :bgrin

It was a big class, lasted forever,,,,,,,,,,,in the middle of the class, her lead came unsnapped from her halter, :eek: :eek: I only notice as I saw the chain from her halter drop down,,,,,,she continued to show.

Inside I paniced like you would not believe and was sweating bullets.

Then when the class was over, they made me stand out there by myself,,,,,,,looking for our number, it wasn't listed for the class. I was soooooo embarrassed.

So I guess I'm more proud that we even made it through alive. It was the longest hour of my life. :new_shocked:

Was the second year I showed my gelding at the Ancaster fair. The first year we went he would not jump pver their jumps witch was really strange because my gelding loved to jump. Well the second year we won High Point miniature horse and we got to keep a big trophy for a year, and a little one to keep. I know it's not nationals but that is my most cherished win.

Very easy for me. Actually its a tie for three wins.

First is my daughter, Samantha, winning at the 2006 AMHA World Show in Amateur Country Pleasure Driving Level 1 with a former halter horse. He has never been driven by a professional trainer at all. He was trained by a friend that has never even been in the show ring with minis. Its was a big class of 26 and to say the least, we were beyond thrilled.

K Nells Spin To Win and Samantha with trainer and header, Bobby.

karen003008.jpg

My second was at 2006 Eastern Championships when my three horses went Champion Three By One Owner with a stallion, mare and gelding, Samantha's Sr gelding went Champion AOTE Gelding and Spin was Reserve Champion Country Pleasure Driving Horse.

3by12006sm.jpg

Third was at Silver Jubilee in 2006. Our tiny mare, LR Scouts Miss Image went Open Supreme under one judge, Youth Supreme under one judge and Amateur Supreme under one judge.

littlemiss26samantha.jpg

We had a very blessed 2006 Show year. And we owe it all to Audie of course who was with us every step of the way. And to James Walsh who conditioned and hauled Little Miss for us and to Bobby Bridges who believed in Spin enough to take him on for us. As you can tell, I am very proud of my daughter and our horses.

My roadster horse won Canadian National Champion Roadster Horse 5 times in a row, but one of them is way more special.

On year, I think it was 2003? he had an autoimmune condition that attacked his eyes and was completely blind for about a week. Even after treating him every 2 hours around the clock and he could see again, he still couldn't be out in the sun because of all the meds he'd been on. We got him a flymask for sunglasses, and I finally was able to drive him again just before the show. I'll never, ever forget flying through the hayfield with him that first day, we were both so happy, there had been a point I thought I'd never get to drive him again, and whether he understood that or was just happy to get out of the barn, it was a great drive.

We went in the ring, and I was just so glad to be able to show him, he wasn't really conditioned, and we were showing in a tent so the light was weird even when his eye's were working properly, and I had no thoughts of winning anything. The first class he was 3rd or 4th out of about 9, and as he was more comfortable he did better, till he made the championship class. And he won! But still, just the fact that he was there, in that show ring, meant far more than the championship.

Now that I can't show him anymore due to lameness, I really treasure every class we were ever able to go it. He is a horse that loves to show, and he sulked the entire summer because he had to stay home, but I was able to drive him through that same hayfield a few times this fall, so I think he's forgiven me now!

image.jpg

When Ben reached Mercy's first Hall of Fame in Halter Obstacle at the Area One show in 2002...it was a huge class and we almost missed it. He placed second and had enough points to make it.

Also, the Area One show in 2004 when Ben and Mercy were on a tear... they won most of their Hunter and Jumper classes and he took a second in the Youth Hunter while winning the Open...
default_wacko.png
: and his jumper round was just memorable. We were cheering as Mercy was making the run over the line with Ben - it was a beautiful, clear round. Mercy received her Hall of Fame in Hunters and Jumpers that year.

Ben's older brother Andy and Andy's best friend Greg (my "adopted" son - they have been friends since they were 5 and 6) hoisted Ben on their shoulders when he received the blue ribbon and the crowd was cheering for him. :aktion033:

And when Ben won his first blue ribbons in Showmanship with his first mare, Odyssey, when he was six years old. Lee Crutchfield had given Ben some good pointers and they worked... but the best thing was when Ben ran up to Lee with his blues and said "I did it!" (Thank you, Lee!)

For me, when Mercy was the 1999 ESMHA Performance Horse of the Year... what an honor!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:, when Freedom was the 2004 ESMHA Owned, Bred and Shown by Exhibitor, Div A High Point Champion, our mare Hope was the 1999 Liberty B High Point Champion and when our Shetland Mare was the Grand Champion Modern Pleasure Shetland Pony at this year's Area One show....

Looking forward to showing in 2007!

Denise

Silversong Farm

I would have to say that my most cherished memory in the show ring will always have to be last year at AMHR Nationals. I have been showing horses for about 11 years now but last year was the first year i was able to go to nationals. It was also my last show that i would be a youth also in AMHR. The very first class i showed in at nationals was Youth Sr. Geldings 13-17 under. It was a pretty large class of about 30 horses. There was some very nice horses in the class and me and my gelding Rocking JM 3T Bruce Almighty won Reserve National Champion. The feeling is unreplaceable. Also my cousin Lee Crutchfield and Kirby from Aloha Acres were there watching me. They have taught me everything i know about showing so to get my first National win and to have them there watching me was amazing. I don't think i will be able to ever forget that win. For it to be my very first nationals and my very first class at nationals and to win Reserve National Champion was amazing.

ebf77cc1.jpg

ec323d21.jpg

We have a lot of horses and all of them have done extremely well. I know most people would think it was the amateur country class with Fred but its not. I can relate with Jill as I worked for Rolling Ridge for many many years and was always told you need a trainer to show your horses and couldn't do it myself. My wins with the Rolling Ridge horses I have are great because I have done all the halter work myself, plus arfter the way I was treated by them the wins are very sweet. My other driving horse Shadow [ERMF Special FX] is a very special horse. I couldn't send him out to a trainer because he is very different. He would not survive being inside at a trainers so I had to break him to drive myself. Let me tell you I had to ground drive this horse for two years before I could hook him and he nearly killed me! I was also told he was ugly, worthless, yada, yada, [anyway you get the picture]. I had been driving him for about a year and told my husband I'm taking him to nationals. He thought I was nuts. Shadow is a VERY strong horse. One week before nationals he decides hes going to bolt [and does] and smash into the fence [and does]. In order to drive him I literally have to wrap the reins completely around my hands and pray my arms don't fall off. He's already qualified for Nationals so I figure if nothing else the kids will show him in halter anyway. Well we get to Nationals and he is a JEWEL. I drive him in the arena and he is awesome. I drove him in the amateur roadster [2003] and figure, WOW this is awesome I had a fantastic time. So I'm sitting in the lineup and figure, well maybe, just maybe we have a shot at a ribbon. My trainer is my header and only knows the horse's barn name Shadow. The announcer calls out National Champion ERMF Special FX! Header looks up and down row and no one is moving forward! In a very small voice I say "Thats us." He says "Don't you know your horses name. I reply "Yeah, but I didn't think I'd win. Shadow was in the top three in the roadster classes he was in that year and repeated his win the following year. He still, the week before Nationals will bolt and smash into the fence at home. When he is at a show he is just like driving a sports car. By the way two months previous to Nationals when he won for the first time he almost died. He colicked really really bad but recovered on his own. Anyway, he is very special to me as he is the first National Champion driving horse that I trained start to finish totally on my own. I did break Fred to drive but E Pony Farm did an awesome finish on him. Linda BMy Webpage
shadowroadster.jpg

Like many little Texas girls growing up, I dreamed of winning my first belt buckle.
default_pray.gif
: I dreamed of winning one through my open show competitions, my FFA competitions, and my barrel racing competitions. And like many little girls, at this point, it was just a fantasy.
default_bye-sad.gif
: I was a deprived horse starved girl borne into a non-horse family. By my senior year in high school, I personally bought and owned 4 horses that I trained and showed myself with support from my dad and clueless support from my "citified" mother
default_cheekkiss.gif
: (to this day, she still asks "Are you still doing that horse thing?" :eek: ). My parents never fully understood this passion but they supported me in it.

My most cherished win to date has to be that first belt buckle at the 2006 Pinto World Championship with my shetland mare, Country Star Rosie Flores.
default_firstprize.gif
: But, ironically, this belt buckle wasn't the true "first". The morning of Rosie's halter competition, I had won belt buckles in the Mini Trail in Hand and the Mini B Trail in Hand for my client, Mary Ann Williams. I purchased Rosie as a weanling and did all the training and conditioning myself (she is the reason I operate a training stable today). She was shown on both the ASPC and Ptha circuits. Her success on the ASPC circuit was good but not as good as I had hoped. PTHA on the other hand, she appeared unstoppable. Standing at the gate for her halter class, she had been undefeated in her halter class and this world championship class would be her last as she was in foal for a 2007 foal (who's already on the ground and just as wonderful as her dam!
default_wub.png
: ). So, I was extremely nervous as there was one mare who I feared could win the class as she was bigger. To show her all this time, doing so well, spending all this money in hopes to capture that title undefeated made me sick to my stomach! :smileypuke: The class photos the show photographer took were absoultly horrible of me as I looked as if I was going to lose my breakfast at any moment! But, to my utter delight, we were the last one's standing as they called the World Champion number. :cheeky-smiley-006: Tears filled my eyes when I realized I had turned a dream into reality and had just retired my first horse, undefeated.

Here's our world win pic, notice I've cut most of Rosie out of it. She was 4 months preggo at the time and in my opinion, was the worst pic that has ever been taken of her. But my smile says it all!

world.JPG

My most cherished mini win has got to be the Youth Horse of the Year award earned this past year by Kendall Wheeler and CSF Vince Gill, under my guidance. It was an award that wasn't even on the radar for us and was quite a surprise! :risa8: I am honored to have worked with such a talented little girl and such a willing little horse!

nationalsvinnykendall1a.jpg

my first one is

winning the best mare in Ireland IMHSPS 2006 at the cavan show with my mare Fancy, i love this wee mare and all year i had worked so very hard on her, her coat went from really dry to dappled black she was stunning onthe day...

my second best memory was winning the championship at Ballynahinch with my wee stallion twinkle

at the time i hadnt a clue about showing, and i had to go to the show on my own i was so nervous, then i followed a horsebox as i didnt know were i was going lol, i ended up parked next to the driving hackney boys, who took my by the hand, and let me use there lorry and made me tea, and we had a fantastic day, they were all waiting on me as i came first, and gave me a round of applause....ill never forget it
default_wub.png
:

and last but not least is my daughter winning the best turned out at Cavan championship, she was soooo happy, and i was so proud and ALL my dreams where fullfilled that day....
default_wub.png
:

lovley thread

IN LOVING MEMORY 2002 -2005 Our Gelding died from Quest.

Filipowicz Ima Sea Horse (Grand Champion Gelding)

Canadian National Championship in Forest Ontario ( Local Fair Show )

SeahorseTrophya.jpg
SeahorseStanding-1.jpg

Mine would have to be the first time I won a National Championship in driving with my mare Mountain Highs AMayZing. To have practiced and practiced til your horse can read your mind, to fly through a class with a flawless performance, to have you and your horse announced as National Champion and then to have such incredible trainers as Patty Cloke in the class and congratulate you-- wow. It's amazing. I of course was crying like a baby, lol!

Also when May was named Performance Horse of the Year by AMHR, I was blown away. I had never in my wildest dreams imagined such a thing happening.

My most favorite, cherished moment...in showing, well i have two...It was two years ago,when my mini Oreo and I were un beaten in Showmanship for every show we attended, and i won both the beginner and advanced showmanship in 4H with two horses at the IPE. But it was special because showmanship is my fav class. So to take it all that year was amazing. The second cherished moment was when my driving horse and I, Shadow, took the youth pleasure driving class at the IPE, there wre about 12 people in it, and he had done amazing. At that IPE I believe we came up with 12 1st place. We had our picture on the front page of the newspaper in my town :bgrin It was an amazing year with my two amazing horses. Heheh ths year I am going adult...
default_unsure.png
: so i am a littel nervous. oh and last year we didnt get a chance to show.. :no:

I have been in Miniatures almost 20 years and my goal has been to see 1 of the horses I bred and raised here at my farm to achieve the title of Supreme Halter Horse or Champion of Champions.In 2005 KNOLLACS FLASHY ILLUSION sired by Southwinds Skips Illusion and out of Evergreens Surprising Command was Champion of Champion at our home based show in DELAWARE.It was nice to see him win at home.In 2005 he was also AMHR All Star Senior Stallion 30" and Under(that's for the whole USA)It has always been my thing that if I am going to pay entry fees and trainer's fees I am going to do it to promote my own farm and not somebody else's farm prefix.(Just my pet thing)I also am the breeder of another horse,KNOLLAC ROWDYS JULIE who has been CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS and a performance winner in AMHR.I LOVEhearing the announcer say KNOLLAC on any of the winners.

This is pretty tough...I have to say I haven't gotten the chance to go big like some of you guys have. I have only owned my mare for almost 5 years...So anyhow my wins are no where near as great as yours but they are ones I won't ever forget..I will never forget winning my first showmanship class. That was always my favorite class and still is. I remember walking out of the ring with a Blue and Senior Champion belt buckle...And the next year I did the same...I'll never forget winning Overall Winner for the whole year. I was undefeated in my high school years for 4-H. And in my age group in CO I wasn't too far behind Breanne Loesche..She taught me alot and so did Samantha Gagas. I will forever be grateful that God brought those 2 into my life. Now that I have my second mini, I can't wait to start with him but this time truly on my own without any help.

Gosh! That's a toughy! :bgrin

The first miniature show we ever went to, we took Supreme Champion with our stallion, no wonder we got so hooked! :bgrin

And then the same horse took National Grand Champion Junior Stallion at our first time at the NZ National Show, that was a real thrill for us.

Last year, same horse (now gelded) took National Grand Champion Single Pleasure Driving title, something I had really wanted to win, having been Reserve the previous year.

But perhaps the most satisfying win was just 2 days ago, when the first son of the above stallion took the Region 1 Supreme Champion title, under Christy Wood (USA). I think because he is the first horse we bred ourselves, and we love his father so much.
default_wub.png
:

The father (Tumble Buck of Featherstream)

tumblepermanent.jpg

And the son (Wiccanz Tumbles Stix N Stones)

stixjan20071.jpg

Latest posts

Back