Whats your favorite saying?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeannie B

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt] :saludando: I would have to say that I like what Ann Margaret said in Grumpy Old Men!
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

"The greatest regret in life...are the risks you didn't take"!

Soooo true!
default_yes.gif
:

It's not a very nice one, but it seems to slip out more often than anything else,
default_sad.png

"ahhh, SH*T the bed!" Of course that is only when things are going wrong !

But my favorite & motto might be-

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave

in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in

sideways TOTALLY worn out shouting" Holy Sh*t"

what a ride !

I've heard that saying, too... it's actually posted by someone at work on their desk... the variation we have is:

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, bottle of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, totally worn out, and screaming "WOW what a ride!"

I've heard that saying, too... it's actually posted by someone at work on their desk... the variation we have is:

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, bottle of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, totally worn out, and screaming "WOW what a ride!"

Your version is nicer than the one that I have, I got mine from my s-i-l, maybe it is the Redneck version !

One of my faves for to tell my kids is:

'You try, you fail. You try, you fail. But the only true failure is when you stop trying' from Madame Leona in the Haunted Mansion (they saw the movie, many many many times since we are Disneyland fanatics).

One I share with friends/family that are having problems is:

'This too shall pass'

Had to use this one on myself many times in the past, but it's been a good long while since I've had to :bgrin :aktion033:

Another one about wisdom I like is:

'Wisdom is not intelligence. Wisdom is simply the ability to understand which mental, verbal, and physical actions will bring lasting happiness'

"I am BIGGER than the weight" (liked it so much I had it imprinted on rubber wristbands......)

I'm on a weight loss journey so that silly little saying helps. (30 lbs lost......55 to go)

"What goes around, comes around"

this is great because it works for all occasions... if you are bad to someone, watch out. if you are good to someone, you will be blessed in return. that jerk who just cut you off, he will get his LOL. you may not be there to see it, but eventually it WILL come to pass...

i also love what Thumper's mother told him in the Bambi movie, my mom used this on us for years and i use it on my kids: "if you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all"

and, in the immortal words of Winnie the Pooh: OH, BOTHER!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, my mantra, This too shall pass. I say it every day at work.

I keep a word document of sayings at work to add to my signature line in emails. The most recent is "It is hard to decide which bridges to burn and which to keep".

I'll post some more tomorrow.

aaaahhhhhh, e-mail signatures! i was trying so hard to think of my favorite saying, i never even thought of those :eek:

so here are some more :bgrin

"the trouble with REAL life is, there's no danger music"

"if you can't write i love you in the dust on the furniture, it's not a home" which i have modified to fit our place by saying, "if you can't write i went riding in the dust on the furniture, it's not a ranch"

and of course, "it makes a difference to THIS one", from the Starfish story...

my cousin uses "nothing is less important than the score at half-time"

My favorite saying that I tend to say alot is:

"To hit the mark, aim above it" I think its so inspiring. I always try to better than avarage, so it fits my personality.

Another few I just really like:

"It is in the face of adversity that we always reveal who we truly are." --Gene Power

"Trying to do well, and trying to beat others are 2 different things" -- Alfie Kohn

"You can complain becuase roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses" --Ziggy

I love the one about sliding into the grave all used up!!!!

Here's another one I found recently:

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

It's in my signature...but I just love it

"don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened"

I also like

"scars are like tattoos they just have better stories"

~kathryn

I have two actually.

The first I use at work a lot with my loud and bossy patients. "Honey, there is only room for one diva in this truck, and it's ME!"

The second is one I live by. "Live life today so that you have memories for tomorrow."

It's best to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and confirm all doubt.

"It is what it is..."..... :bgrin

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Here are some from my collection:

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably

worth it.

The early worm gets eaten by the bird, so sleep late.

Inside me lives a skinny girl screaming to get out but I can usually shut her up with cookies.

I am not young enough to know everything."

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off. If you see a light, it's probably a freight train.

"I have not failed, I merely found 10,000 ways that won't work!" (Thomas Edison)

"Nothing defines humans better than their willingness to do irrational things in the pursuit of phenomenally unlikely payoffs." - Scott Adams hmmmm, breeding horses for profit fit this one?
default_rolleyes.gif
:

"If you are patient in a moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow." - Chinese Proverb

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

"Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing."

- Mark Twain

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know." - Mark Twain

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept it's awful gaps we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality..." by Irving Townsend

I love this one even though it's alittle dark!
default_wink.png
:

"Some people are like slinkeys, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back