What's Your Day Job?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_yes.gif
: very interesting topic, had a lot of jobs in my time...

Not in order! sort of forget the order :lol:

Arrow shirts, Hammonds, Zellers, Sparlings Propane, Hyndman Transport, Lewis Flowers, CKNX Radio, Formosa Brewers, CIBC Bank.

My own businesses: where---- Huron - Bruce Cleaning, Waterloo Regional Animal Sitting Service,
default_wacko.png
:

I can not call it a Job because I enjoy it way too much, as of now, breeding miniature horses and dogs.

Hope this will be my husbands retirement hobby which will be in about 9 years.

He has worked hard his whole life in Foundrys, present at Wescast Foundry.

They are soon opening a plant in China,

he just might retire early with this coming about.
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
My day job is Corporate Operations Manager for a lighting manufacturer in Laurel Maryland. It's alot of responsibility but my heart is really at home with my animals. Don't tell my boss but I'd rather be home mucking stalls and hugging my horses
default_yes.gif
:

Diane

DRK Miniature Horses

Wonderful topic! It has been fun reading all the responses.

I'm an Educational Sign Language Interpreter at a local high school. I am in my 2nd year at this school. All of the hearing impaired students are Sr's this year so I may not have a job in the fall
default_unsure.png
: Having deaf parents and growing up in the deaf culture, has opened up various opportunities in the interpreting field. It's very rewarding but none as rewarding as being a mom and wife.

For 6 years prior to that, I was a stay at home mom and homeschooled my oldest in grades 3rd - 6th while nurturing a newborn. Fall of 2005, when my youngest was old enough to enroll in Kindergarten, hubby and I decided it was time for me to go to work in order to afford health insurance. I do love my job and feel blessed to have it. The hours are great in that I have the same hours and holidays as my kids. I'm basically working for health insurance because it is just not affordable where my husband works. How I so much wish to just be a mom and housewife again. The 'rat-race' lifestyle is not for me!

Having Scout, my beautiful silver bay, (son of Sweet Revenge & grandson of General Patton & Sid's Rebel ) has been my stress relief. I am so looking forward to being off next week for the Thanksgiving holiday
default_yes.gif
:

Aaaahhhhhhh yes.......coffee every morning in the barn with Scout......LIFE IS GOOD!

I have to agree with everyone else, very interesting thread.
default_yes.gif
:

We own our own business, which is repairing/replacing irrigation and house pumps & a machine shop. I do the bookkeeping, answer the phone and billing (from home).

That was alot of fun to read! I'm new to this board, and I'm sure I'll get to know you as time passes and I look forward to it!

I own and operate a Christian Preschool here in Arkansas and am currently working towards a CDA in the field and stepping up into my goal of getting a degree ) hopefully I can aquire a Masters degree in time in Early Childhood Education.

edited to say, I forgot to mention that my husband and I own a construction company. I don't -play a big role in P&K, just drawing up agreements and bids, and advertising mainly.

I would love to get back into raising and selling Bull Mastiffs, and after I learn more about Mini's, I may even want to get into showing them. I hope to have another Foxtrotter for trail riding again sometime in the future.

~Karen

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been a medical Insurance Clerk for 24 years. I have been with the same doctor for 8 years now.

I am also her Assistant Manager. I love my job and my hours are 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM so I have plenty of time for my miniatures.

Carlene

I work as a Corporate Communicator in media relations for a worldwide company. Great job, great company and great perks!

Liz R.

Guess I'll jump in on this thread also! I worked for Wal-Mart at the home office as an Executive Assistant for 12 years. Quit to raise the mini's and found out that I'm not very good at it since I fall in love with each and every one of them and it breaks my heart to see them leave ~ so no more breeding! I just recently went back to work for Wal-Mart as a Driver Coordinator. So wave to all those Wal-Mart drivers out there, they are really a great bunch of guys! :aktion033:

I work full-time as a legal assistant. one step up from a legal secretary, kinda like a paralegal but no degree... just 25+ years experience. general practice at first, did personal injury for 16 years, litigation for one year (way too stressful for me!) and for the last 4 years, estate planning and probates (which is NOT boring contrary to what i had always heard LOL) that's what i do to keep the roof over us and food on the table. we also rescue minis and ponies and have our own herd, large and small. and i make yard ornaments out of horseshoes - flowers and butterflies. started for myself, to have a garden that would not kill my highly allergic husband... and friends saw them and wanted some. now have them on consignment at a garden store and a feed store... maybe it will turn into something??

What a fun topic to read! I just graduated with my BAs (in Psych and Law & Justice) and just applied (today!) to the University of North Dakota's Grad School.... I'm planning to get my MA and become a Forensic Psychologist.

Kari

Latest posts

Back