What's the difference?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YHFF Miniature Horses

Reaction score
Okay, what is the difference between The World Championship show in Columbus, OHIO and AMHR Nationals in OK? Is the World show just one big show for the registery, I'm confused as to why there would be two shows, I realize one is AMHR only, no ASPC or ASPR horses.

I'm just considering going to watch the one in Ohio, to see all of the awesome horses, but do horses actually win titles there or do the have to go to Nationals to be considered the overall champions? Since the World show is pretty close by, I just thought that it would be a good experience to see some top notch horses and their handlers.

Don't get me started on this one...

Basically, that show in Ohio retains that "world" title for historical reasons only. From what I gather, it can be a big show at times, but the whole world does not converge upon the Ohio State Fair.

The AMHR Nationals in Tulsa is the real deal.

well i havent been an ohioian (spelling? lol) very long but i have always heard that the ohio world show is a great show. Congress used to be held at the ohio fair so I think this is how it got the "world" name. Many ohio breeders were not at all happy when Congress was moved to Illinois (now moved to St louis) I think they left the world name to appease people who were upset. I agree it is confusing but I do expect it to be a great show from what ive heard. I will be there showing the kids
default_smile.png

Kay

I have always been confused about why it's named that.
default_wacko.png
: We should be going though since it's the second closest show to us and I have to get my new gelding qualified for the Nationals..there's one here in Kentucky but we are scared he might not be in shape by then. But the old owners said he was high point or something at the last show in Ohio? But he could easily loose 15 pounds.
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back