whats the best way to get a colorful foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
yup...and yes it is ok with the owner to post the pictures....and yes she went to a wonderful home, but golly gee whiz..take a look at this FILLY..out of my medicine hat stallion GMC BARES HOCUS POCUS.....I just love her!!!! Tiny lil thang......they are going to call her Faith and she will grow up working with children...how cool is that!

IMG00055.jpg

IMG00051.jpg

IMG00025.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee I hope this works, as I bought a mare in foal that once foaled a near leopard filly. Hoping she throws something like that for me.

printed from the Miniature Horse Forum - submited by: "Ronnie" from Trotting C Farm

To induce labor in a mare - Take a nap.

To cure equine constipation - Load them in a clean trailer.

To cure equine insomnia - Take them in a halter class.

To get a horse to stay very calm and laid back - Enter them in a liberty class.

To get a horse to wash their own feet - Clean the water trough and fill it with fresh water.

To get a mare to come in heat - Take her to a show.

To get a mare in foal the first cover - Let the wrong stallion get out of his stall.

To make sure that a mare has that beautiful, perfectly marked foal you always wanted - Sell her before she foals.

To get a show horse to set up perfect and really stretch - Get him out late at night or anytime no one is a round to see him.

To induce a cold snap in the weather - Clip a horse.

To make it rain - Mow a field of hay.

To make a small fortune in the horse business - Start with a large one.

Yes, that is the way it happens. It reminded me of this taken from a post by Ronnie Clifton several years ago. If you haven't seen it before, check ou the LB Info pages, so much stuff there thats not only helpful but fun to read.

As for the filly, she is really cute. Congrats to the new owner.

What a cutie!!! Fingers crossed for you that some of your mares you kept give you the same!!!
default_smile.png

Holy cow!
default_new_shocked.gif
She's adorable!!

I just want to smooch her little pink lips!
default_wub.png

No way to fit any more color on that lil gal! She's TINY!!!
default_laugh.png

It could have been worse, she could have had colorful healthy twin fillies, lol. Sorry, that was a shot in the dark. Beautiful filly though. If your stallion can do that, he'll do it again.

I've been reading some words about the influence of the enviroment on the mare that can make the color of the foal??

Is that true??

I will test it with mine...she won't give us colored foals, maybe this year... we will see.

default_wub.png
What an adorable foal!! She is just precious! Looks very tiny,too
default_wub.png
Congratulations to her proud parents and to the new owner!

default_new_shocked.gif
WOW-what a knockout she is!!!!! Very sweet...congrats on adding another nice foal to your stallion's pedigree!
default_saludando.gif

OMG! She's absolutely freakin' adorable!!! Sell one to me next time!!!

Thanks !!! I talked to the owner and he said she doesn't even come up to his knees...can walk under mama....man oh man...I am thrilled for them ...said people are stopping on the highway to look.
default_laugh.png
What a hoot!

that is the daddy in my avatar...he is such a sweet boy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that is sooo true!! She is so bright colored, u need sunglasses. Congrats to u and lucky owners.

This happened in reverse to your situation - I bought a miniature mare 5 years ago. The folks who owned her had tried to get a colored medicine hat out of her for 4 years, so they thought since they hadn't gotten one, she wouldn't produce. I bought her bred, the next spring - BAM a nice colt with a medicine hat. They sure were surprised!

Back