Whats the best catfood?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
I want to get away from the grocery store brands and all that corn .............................I'm feeding cats NOT cows!

In my area we havea cat food by PMI Exlcusive. I personally like it, though it does have some corn gluten meal in it but it is lower on the list. I like it because its keeping weight on my senior kitties and is priced low enough to feed it to multiple cats. I buy 6 bags and get the 7th free so thats a big help. Here its $20 for a 18 lb bag

Here are the ingredients

INGREDIENTS: Chicken, chicken meal, oatmeal, whole grain brown rice, rice flour,

chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), corn gluten meal,

brewer’s rice, dried beet pulp, natural chicken flavor, flaxseed, fish meal, brewers dried yeast, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, dl-methionine, taurine, zinc proteinate, vitamin E supplement, niacin, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin A supplement, potassium iodide, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride

(vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, sodium selenite, menadione dimethyl

pyrimidinol bisulfite (source of vitamin K activity), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

I'm not sure which is best but I willl not feed my 20# lion anything that is not hair ball control
vomit.gif

Keeper%20--%2008122005%20--%202.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Our cat gets Wiskas or whatever that crap is. I know its not the best, but she loooks good on it and its the only thing so far that she would rather eat then the dog food. Now if I could just get the boys of the house to feed her her cat food instead of the dog food.

I am with jill on the hair ball control. I should probably look into that. Our cat is more hair then anything

I don't know what the "best" cat food out there is (my friend says the BEST is Canin Royal something or another it is expensive, too). My house cat currently gets Nutro Natural Choice. I'd had my dog on it for years and he has the best coat.

My cat, she weighs maybe 8 lbs., gets just under 1/2 cup of the dry food once a day. That's it. No litterbox odor (my husband insists I keep up on that, as we live in an apartment), her weight is good for an inactive indoor cat, and she has the SHINIEST coat EVER. She doesn't even groom herself (not sure if it's because she's a short hair, or because her coat is already so clean or ???).

I'd recommend looking into the Nutro, it's available lots of places, not too expensive overall (because you feed so little).

Andrea

I have fed my cat meow mix cat food for 17 years. Always been very healthy, never been sick even an hour in her life. Has to be chicken tho, not all cats like seafood I guess.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

MICE!!! :new_rofl: :risa8:

Sorry couldn't resist. My cat is 17# and he loves Purina One. I used to feed him the "expensive" stuff (Science Diet) and he got sick at least once a week on it. He gets the special formula for urinary troubles.

Science Diet Hairball Control (for a Persian cat)...wouldn't own a cat without it! :bgrin

No kittie box odor here either :aktion033:

If you shop Cosco, check out the Kirkland Signature cat food. It doesn't have corn in it and the ingredient list was similar to the high end, expensive foods.

I'm feeding felidae And my cat has never looked better. She is glossy, healthy and I really do find a difference in her muscle tone. She doesn't eat very much of it, because it fills her up and keeps her full longer. Her litter box is less stinky and she poops less too (like feeding your dog better food). I love it. NO corn, no wheat, no beet pulp or fillers. Some rice and flax is all.

Jill are you sure your not feeding that cat Miracle Grow? Only kidding :bgrin he is very pretty.

I'm a bad cat owner, I feed whatever TSC has on sale. I must have 12-15 barn cats so if they dont like it they can go do their job, like kill snakes and eat mice.
default_yes.gif
:

But what do we have this year-snakes, snakes and more snakes. Time to cut back on the cat feed.

Jill are you sure your not feeding that cat Miracle Grow? Only kidding :bgrin he is very pretty.

I'm a bad cat owner, I feed whatever TSC has on sale. I must have 12-15 barn cats so if they dont like it they can go do their job, like kill snakes and eat mice.
default_yes.gif
:

But what do we have this year-snakes, snakes and more snakes. Time to cut back on the cat feed.
For my barn cats, I do the same thing; otherwise I'd be broke feeding them all. However, the house cats get a better brand of cat food; cuts down on the litter box smell and I can feed less to them.

I have fed our 2 the Costco Kirkland food for a few years too, and they do really well on it. Excellent ingredient list and you can't beat the price, compared to the premium brands that use real meat and no fillers.

I like their food for our dogs too -- same thing with the premium ingredients and no junk fillers.

~ Faith

Latest posts

Back