Whatchadoingthisweekend?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
As usual I'm in over my head.
default_gaah.gif

Hus has semi- "retired" for the 4th time..... He's 70 I swear he will never really quit. I don't know where he gets his energy but it can't be from my cooking.

default_wacko.png

BUTT! Thank heavens he is giving up our huge leased building in town,doesn't want the store anymore so he is not renewing the lease on the building and just wants to slow it down and work from home so we are having to move our entire warehouse belongings. What a mess we have. This means my tack shop had to bite the dust but that's ok it was a lot of fun while it lasted, made lots of new friends and I made a little bit of extra horse $ too from time to time for my stash in my underwear drawer. There just wasn't enough business though to warrent me having to pay rent by myself in another building. Dan's moving all his stuff out too and bringing it all home. Looks like I will have another mess with that stuff for a while.
default_crybaby.gif

Its insanity all the tools and supplies and materials not to mention vehicles we have been loading in our up all week. Most will come here which means we are now having to add on our garage. At least it all won't be hanging out in public and under cover.
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif

Will construction on this place ever end????
default_please.gif

I am completeing three projects for our CMHR booth at worlds that I've been working on since August and I just got done doing our newsletter and sending it out. Our booth is going to be fantastic this year. The entire Board of Directors has been working literally around the clock on bringing in 9 new rescues for the past few of weeks for this weekend. We will all rest a lot better soon as they have all been settled and safe in their wonderful foster homes. A labor of love is always good for the soul.

Next I have to seriously get down and dirty doing the fall cleaning. Oh my gosh this is my big time of the year, much bigger than spring cleaning because I have to get things PERFECT to welcome all our fall harvest decorations back out of storage. Moving all the furniture, washing walls, windows, the house inside and out, scrubbing my head off, changing out the curtains, and painting some walls in the mud room actually where my little "hole" is where my computer and desk is located. Its so dark depressing and nasty back here I want to brighten it up. Looking at shades of green. Green matches all holiday decorations so it has to be green! So I guess this will all take a week so next weekend I can bring out "the stuff"
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

I swear I get so excited about that!

Nothing fancy to do with the horses although I do need to start thinking of a fall costume for Baby Chrissy. She'll kill me I'm sure.

They are already clipped up pretty, all have been bathed this week and super groomed to perfection. The weather is great so they are easing slowly into their new fall/winter schedule where get to go on grass now most of the day and be horses instead of sweating to death under fans all day.
default_new_multi.gif

Last but not least, I'm picking up plenty of comfort food because tonite is ANIMAL PLANET WHALE WARS and Blood Dolphins for me and the HUS and Saturday night is ANIMAL PLANET LAST CHANCE HIGHWAY.

Don't miss it!

I know I don't need to say this but I will cause its my job: Its a holiday weekend so please buckle up and don't let anyone even attempt to drive if they had to much to drink. PLEASE. And that is coming directly from me and My Archangel cause we wuv you and want you all to be safe!
default_hypocrite.gif

OK so that's what I'm doing this weekend. How bout all you guys? What's up?

Last edited by a moderator:
You know Marty........you both CAN SLOW DOWN..........<Ma - looking for a mallett.) LOL.
default_biggrin.png

This weekend we are celebrating my husband's (Larry's) 58th Birthday. (gasp) That's the biggie for now.

We are also continuing with doctoring a young mare who has puncture wounds we think she got from a predator. It's time consuming with double antibiotics twice a day, U-Guard to ward off ulcers, and flushing then packing the holes twice a day. She IS improving. But the vet says it's going to continue for several weeks as the wounds heal from the INSIDE OUT.

My other concern is for our daughter....... Will post a question with another thread on the Back Porch. We are scratching our heads.

I'm goin on a little trip to Kansas, then probably spending Monday playing with the horses. Gotta get the yard mowed too.

Marty Im exhausted just reading your post!

Happy Birthday Larry!

Not much going on here this weekend.. a couple catering jobs on Monday so will be cookin' and doing a little prep work on Sunday. I took over a section of my husbands barn when Nicky came so I promised him that I would help ( barn used to be 50/50 split....now it seems its 10/90..me) reorganize things so that his stuff isnt so smushed in one corner. We need a bigger barn LOL.

I hope to take the dogs to dog beach tomorrow...been promising them all summer but havent made it....then we go to Busters Ice Cream....they have free ice cream for pets!!

Hate to say it but I need a day of non horse activities...this summer has been tough!! Most of my free time this week end will be given to the dogs!!

Hope you all have a great holiday week end!!

I'm like you Marty.....in over my head!
default_new_shocked.gif

I have some orders that I HAVE to get finished...thankfully 2 of the 3 are already pretty much done (except for finishing stitching the one), and I am waiting to hear back from the customer on the 3rd item to know what exactly they are wanting so I can finish it!!

Supposed to be going to the movies tomorrow...if I can find time....

Then PACKING!!!!! I'm heading out to BC for 10 days to visit my friends who moved out there in April. I am very nervous leaving my parents with all the dogs and horses for that length of time, but hopefully everything will be fine!

Otherwise I hope to get some riding in before I go, now the weather is cooperating, and the humidity has disappeared! And then if I am *really* lucky, I'll be able to fit in making one last thing that my friends asked me to bring with me...hopefully I'll have the extra time to get it finished!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! The weather is supposed to be awesome here.

~kathryn

Connie is heading to Kansas to enrich my life a little more rescuing more littles........... Was planning to extend the trip a bit to check in on some of our adopted horses, but after contacting a few wonderful folks it is not a good weekend with it being Labor Day and Nationals right around the corner. I do hope to get out again soon to meet and greet. :) After driving over 30 hours in a 48 hour period of time I'm sure I will need a rest Monday! Hope everyone has a perfect weekend!
default_yes.gif
default_smile.png
If everyone could take a small moment to say a small prayer for one of our littles coming into the rescue this weekend. He is in need of some. Thanks!

Heading to Ohio in the morning.

Bringing back a 5 month old Frame Overo Filly to Ontario Canada.

I know the traffic will be just crazy, leaving early am and hope to be back Sunday night.

Hope to have pictures after we get Prima Donna home.
default_aktion033.gif

I am heading to bed, but I am sure I will not get much sleep too excited.
default_saludando.gif

Heading to Ohio in the morning.

Bringing back a 5 month old Frame Overo Filly to Ontario Canada.

I know the traffic will be just crazy, leaving early am and hope to be back Sunday night.

Hope to have pictures after we get Prima Donna home.
default_aktion033.gif

I am heading to bed, but I am sure I will not get much sleep too excited.
default_saludando.gif
After surviving the prep for the Hurricane Earl(it wasn't bad here and didn't cause us any problems)and lack of sleep, I plan to go to bed early for several nights.My oldest Corgi Yoshi almost 11 has mouth cancer and she is having some bad days.Vet says not curable.It is not time yet to put her down-I will know when.She does require some special care-soft ground raw turkey and cottage cheese fed off a teaspoon for her bedtime snack.The last few days she has had lots of bleeding from her mouth so I'm busy keeping her clean and mopping the floor.Her appetite is excellent and she goes out in the yard for several hours with her friends.Her spirit is good so I willingly do what I can for her.She's my buddy.

mowed the lawn today, and I hope to paint my new run-in tomorrow morning before it rains (supposed to in the afternoon). On-going wound treatment on my gelding, flushing it twice a day, and he's being so good.

[On an ickier noted, some barn cats had a fight in the feed room today and made a huge mess, blood and sh** everywhere, so got to clean that up today.
default_smileypuke.gif
]

Trying to get things packed up to head to Tulsa for Nationals. Thank evens only taking 3 this year--lot more sane than the 8 I took last year.

My plan is to work in the flowers beds and go riding. We are going to my brother in laws for supper.They live 3 miles away and we have been so busy all summer this is the first time we've been able to get together.Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

I am in Ann Arbor MI helping the two grandmas babysit the small cousins. I thought since this was an all female group we could watch something interesting on tv, but Noooooo, they have to watch the football game. So, I am surfing the net.

Tomorrow we head north to Hubbard Lake, MI for a week. Looking forward to that.

Poor Lily had to stay behind at my Aunt's house while we babysit so I imagine she is not a happy dog at all. She will enjoy the lake time though.

I attended my 50th anniversary class reunion today. First one I'd been to and was anxious to see people I hadn't seen in all that time. An hour or so after we all gathered we were sitting around a table talking, reminiscing and reliving the mischief we had gotten into in school and the man sitting next to me (class mate that I had previously greeted and hugged) asked a former brother in law (2 seats down) "how is Donna Bova doing? Gary laughed and said HUH? and Bill repeated the question. We all burst out laughing and Gary said "well why don't you just ask her"? Bill turned and looked at me for a minute and said "well now I see it. I was looking for black hair". I told him I had died it grey for the day. We were practically rolling on the floor laughing about it and everytime someone else came to see what was so funny we'd all laugh again.

It was definitely a good time! I had hoped more people would show up...after all there were 24 in our graduating class...but I sure had a good time with the ones that were there.

I judged a working certificate for retrievers today with my friend Cindy, had dinner with her last night so we could catch up on all that has happened in the months since we last saw each other and that was good, got home about 5:30. Tomorrow is going to be about getting ready for Nationals as it is the first time I have been
default_biggrin.png

Yvonne

Yesterday exercised my horses, put neck sweats on. Went with a friend to a flea Mrkt, putting much kicked around. Today went to church, let the horses out for a "free day" w/o any exercise or neck sweats. They didn't know what to think, but everyone needs a day off. Went to lunch afterwords then came home did laundry and started packing for Nationals. Packed a WHOLE bunch of stuff cause of having NO IDEA what the weather is going to do. Hot, cold, rainy, who knows, so I brought it all.

Tomorrow the horses go back to being worked till we leave on the 10th then will be worked while there, and neck sweats go back on. Plus, I go pick up my one of my horses from my trainer that I will show, he's a weanling. Alliance Rainman. Be nice to have him back home. He's been there not to long just enough for them to teach him a little about showing. Sometimes you just HAVE to leave it to the professionals. Yee gads, I have to work with him at the show till he shows.

Latest posts

Back