What would you do?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Technically you should not sill have the papers on this horse. According to AMHA (not familar with R), when a horse is sold without the papers, the papers must be turned in.

Also, I would not directly give the papers to the new owners 5-6 down the line. If you gave them to anyone it should be the person you gave the horse to.

I had someone contact me about papers on a horse that I bred many years ago. I gave the papers to the new owner at the time, but apparently when she sold the horse she did so "without" papers, I am sssuming the price was the reason, or it could have been any reason. The new person wanted me to help them get the papers, I told them I could not as I sold the horse with is his papers years ago. I do not think the person that I sold the horse to had ever transferred him to their name. I told the new owner to get with old owner and have her give her the papers she had. I have not heard a word since.

There is only so much you can do, and personally I think the time has long passed for someone to want papers on a horse that is sold/traded many times down the line.

Good luck though in your decision, I know we always want to do what is right? But what is right?

I would send the papers. Reality is a horse with papers just has more options it can be shown ect. I just feel that you gave the horse away for whatever reason(which I am sure was a great decision not questioning that)

and the 2 years of feeding and gelding ect was not a huge issue for you,

I just feel like why punish the horse or the new owner for a decision that was made in the past.

Sorry I never sell a horse without papers.

So never have been in that situation.

But if I sold a horse without papers than would have to be a good reason for the new owner to get the papers.

The person that just bought the horse sent me an email telling me that they had bought the horse and wanted to know if I had registration papers and if I would send them to her.

Does not say they want to show, so I would assume, they are trying to make a buck, poor guy, sorry he has been passed around so much.

You have to do what you feel is best for you and the gelding. does not mean they will get the papers and do anything with him, would ask more questions with the new owner!!!! JMO

Latest posts

Back