What type of horse trailer ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elizabeth Pannill

Reaction score
I am looking for a new horse trailer . I currently have a 16 foot gooseneck stock type trailer and would like a smaller trailer - a bumper pull but still need room for my cart.

For those of you that haul a cart do you put it the trailer or haul it in the bed of the truck ? I am usually by myself when I load so it needs to be easy to load.

I also would like opinions on the trailers made for minis such as Wranglers and would appreciate any suggestions on size and brand and type of trailer ( aluminum vs steel )

I have 2 minis and would also haul a few goats from time to time.

Thanks

Elizabeth

Hi, Elizabeth
default_smile.png

I have two miniature horse trailers and am really happy with them both.

One is an 8x5x5 stock type bumper pull with a wrack on top for carts. It can haul 4 minis if I remove a divider. I usually leave the divider and haul one in the "tack" compartment (3x5) and two in the main part (5x5). It can be pulled with an S10 or a mid size SUV if we want and weighs just 1000#. It is made by Big Valley.

My other one, my favorite one, is a 14x6x6 gooseneck from Wrangler. When I initially set out to buy a new trailer, I was aiming for a bumper pull but the trailer evolved to be what it is. I love it. LOVE it!!! I got some help from a freind (who's had a couple of these) to be sure I got everything I could want on it so I didn't outgrow it. It has drop down windows, a cart / hay wrack, 5 stalls, a wall between the horse part and the dressing room that swings so 2 more can ride in there (fully matted), indoor and outdoor convenience lights, ramp, and customized with my logo all around. Pulls like a dream (3500#) with my F150 (w/ big V8). I've had it since September 2006 and still pinch myself when I loook at it. Additionally, the customer service from Buddy at Wrangler is second to none. And, I got to meet him when he personally delivered it to me
default_yes.gif

Here are my trailers:

Truck%20and%20little%20mini%20trailer%20--%2007232006%20--%208.jpg

Mini%20Trailer%20and%20Truck%20--%2001272006%20--%20008.jpg

WFM%20Gooseneck%20Trailer%20--%2009042006%20--%20003.jpg

Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20087.jpg

Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20085.jpg

WFM%20Gooseneck%20Trailer%20--%2009042006%20--%20020.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]Hi-[/SIZE]

I got a new trailer from Buddy at Wrangler a few months ago after I sold my Calico trailer. It is a bumper pull - 12' long. The interior looks much the same as Jill's, although I had my stalls put in at a slant. I had drop down windows and fans installed as options. I can haul six horses easily. I decided to get a Wrangler after seeing pictures of both Jill's and Erica's trailers. Buddy was absolutely wonderful to work with. I think once all the designing was figured out and options decided on it only took three weeks. I'm extremely satisfied and definitely recommend these trailers.

Good luck!

Barbie

No sure how you plan to use your trailer, but I have a bumper pull half-top by WW. It works great for me. I can put my 3 horses in the front, and the cart in the back. Since the back top is not covered, my cart shafts work. I also have to go by myself, and it is easy for me to pull the cart into the trailer and off we go. The horses enjoy looking out.

This is my trailer. I got it for my birthday, so notice the balloon! I had a very old one before, same style, and it worked well for me by myself, so I got another like it. It may be hard to find a bumper pull half-top. They are usually gooseneck. I had to order mine. I chose very open sides, as we have hot summers here, but there are other options.

trailer.jpg

We just bought a new trailer this past weekend, we are picking it up next weekend from Leonard Trailers. Its a 3 horse (big horse) stant load trailer. It is a 2007, it has a medium size tack room inside with tons of room to hang things (show halters!), show jackets ext. We plan to take out the big horse dividers and put in 5-6 miniature/pony size slant tie stalls. Its fully matted inside. They are 'pimping' it at the moment for me, adding our decals ext on the side's and im having extra 'caution horses' reflective stickers put on the back. Im so excited, i still have not seen it in person so im dieing for this weekend to come. It is 15ft long, 6ft9in wide and 6ft6in tall. All i have are dealership photos at the moment
default_smile.png

OurTrailer1.jpg

OutTrailer2.jpg

OurTrailer3.jpg

OurTrailer6.jpg

Then i also have a smaller older two horse straight load trailer that is a bumper pull. My father repainted it and refinished it for my bithday about two years ago, its a two horse straight load (do not ask me what year). I'm planning to one day (eventually), take out the hay manger up front and the small tack area toward the bottom and make a mini 3 horse slant load out of it, that is when i have a few months free. Maybe next year? We use this for smaller trips, it really is past time to upgrade from it (see trailer above) but i plan to hang onto this for vet visits ext. It's more 'pony size', but still not mini size but i wouldnt haul a 16hh horse in it either. I call it 'Big Red', i think 'Little Red' would make more sense however but big red sounds better.

100_0756.jpg

100_0758.jpg

I am thinking about getting a actual miniatre horse trailer, just for when i have to just haul the minis, i do shetlands and right now have two over division classics and i do not feel safe putting them in a mini trailer. But it would be nice to have a tiny mini trailer when i need to haul just minis.

Leeana

Latest posts

Back