What kinds of animals do you have

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have 2 mini's age 2 and 7

one pygmy goat about 11 years old

two dogs, one heeler cross who is 2 and a long haired doxie that is 7

one cat who is a year old

one beta that is coming up on a year old

one paint pony

My DH keeps saying no more, he said that at the 2 dogs, one mini and the goat. Then I got the cat and my mini's mom came up for sale, then we got a free pony. So we just keep becoming a bigger farm. LOL

Reading some of your responses I feel like I need to go on an adoption spree.

I'm obviously not holding up my end.

We've on big guy left, an Arab-Pinto.

The mini family, ranging in ages from 10 to 1

1 - near 14 year old feral barn cat

and our wonderful German Shepherd son.

My household currently consists of: 8 miniature horses, 2 powder puff Chinese Crested dogs, 10 cats (including 2 Oriental Shorthairs, 1 Siamese--16 years old--and 7 rescue kitties), and 9 chickens (2 Black Australorps, 3 Silver-Laced Wyandottes, and 4 Americaunas).

That's not including my daughter and SIL (who live with us), and their 5 dogs and 3 cats!
rolleyes.gif

All of the cats are indoors, my 2 dogs and 3 small dogs of my daughter's are indoors as well, and everyone else is (thankfully) outside!
wacko.gif

About 30 minis

1 'biggie'

1 donkey that my grandma took in when he was orphaned at 1 month old. He's a big ol puppy dog.

1 collie, 1 maltese, 3 pekes

2 inside cats and probably around 20 barn cats (they come from our neighbors)

2 new england baby doll sheep

1 fawn that I rescued this past summer. He lives with one of our stallions-had the whole yard but kept sneaking in with him so I finally just left them together. The fawn has had very minimal human contact so we're hoping when he's ready he'll leave and be able to survive on his own

Lots of ducks and 1 rooster that thinks he's a duck lol

Two huge tanks of fish too...mostly angels and other brightly colored fishies that catch my grandma's eye

OK, Right now we have;

6 permanent guinea pigs and 6 waiting for homes

6 cats (they live both inside and outside) no mice anywhere (that we can see)

3 retired show bunnies (very old) 1 wild bunny we saved from the cats (going to a good park in the spring) 1 bunny that I am keeping for a solider until he comes back.

7 dogs; 1 very old 1 1/2lb yorkie, 1 4lb 6 yr old poodle, 4 Japanese chins (3 girls and 1 boy) we have puppies due Thanksgiving, 2 weeks later and a litter due on Christmas. Then we have our GP mix that keeps us all safe.

4 minis

11 hens

I think that is all. I'll let you know if I missed something.

Right now we have:

6 Minis

3 Dogs (1 Pom, terrier mix;1 lab,Terrier mix;1 australian shepherd)

14 goats ( a few on the way)

1 Barn cat

Last edited by a moderator:
1 mini

3 APHA horses (2 geldings and 1 stallion)

1 AQHA Mare

3 dogs (1 australian shepherd, 1 Dachshund and 1 teacup Chihuahua

1 cat

Latest posts

Back