What kind of dog?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great list, Lizzie! I would be extremely weary of having a beagle around small children though. The ones I've grown up with were great dogs and super sweet, but not for children. They don't put up with a child's inexperienced handling. Of course, it could have just been those particular dogs.

I have a Boston and she is wonderful with all people! Big or small she loves everyone! She was a rescue and has taken to my son like she grew up with him. And mine does not bark.

I second (third?) a Boston. I have one that even tho she has not been raised with children is so very gentle and sweet with them (altho a bit worried occasionally) and a friend has one who lives with her 18 month old 2- 6 year olds and a full day care of kids up to 4 and he is fabulous with all of them. They do shed but the hair is very short and not a lot of clean up. Plus they are very clean dogs and easy to train.

My amish neighbors breed Boston's and pugs. Their pups are awesome and very social. I have to stay away during litter time or I will come home with one.

Latest posts

Back