What is your favorite equine vacuum/blower

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn R

Reaction score
I am looking into equine vacs. I know there are some shop vacs that work, but if there was an equine vacuum/blower you could get, which would be your top choice.

I know of the double k, the vac and blow, the electro groom, any others, please list them and your likes and dislikes. (I know the electro groom is large and expensive, bit I have the chance to get a nearly new, used one at a great price, is the electro groom a good choice?)

Thanks for all your reviews/input in advance.

Ours is called "ANIVAC" and works well.

A bit pricy but around here it's so cold in the winter, spring and fall, it's nice to have a way to clean everyone up without freezing them.

It's a heavy machine and has to be kept in a warm room in the cold weather so things don't freeze, so that's the only downside. Lugging it in and out of the barn.

I have the Double K one & love it.

I haven't seen an electrogroom in action so can't say anything about it.

The Anivac sounded great--especially the more expensive model--but I know someone that has one & they haven't been a bit happy with theirs. It is not the wonder that the dealer made them out to be & based on her experience with it I would hesitate to put out the money on one.

[i just bought a used electro groom. It needed repaired and so my husband called the company. They said it was made in 1988 and sent the part it needed right away. It now works GREAT!!! Cuts down grooming time and does a better job in 5 minutes than it would take me an hour to get done. Pulls loose hair and dirt out and brings up a shine.

Latest posts

Back